Check in here. 8863 EARLY Filers before 1/28, any changes yet?

They closed the other forum. I just love how TT won't even let us vent!
  • Jan. 20 filed, Jan 25 accepted, no DD yet and still says processing, however, I got my state refund on the 13 of Feb. So that is a plus and step in right direction, now just waiting for my Federal to come.
  • Same message, now day 4. Starting think the new message changed few days to means your in KC office, ones changed today in Dallas office.
  • Still nothing....filed 1/11 accepted on the 24th! My NYS was finally approved with a DDD of 2/20, after my bday of course!!! SMH this sucks
  • @sabrescup9286...If the msg was updated today, the forms are in Dallas.  My question is which office moves quicker Dallas or KC?
  • Yes.. That is my guess.. Just a guess... Irs says KC office processes before dallas
  • Same thing. Filed on Jan 18th. Accepted on Jan 25th, according to IRS not TT, so mine made it through early, then message updated on Tuesday to processing your refund date will be given when one is available, and the tracking bar is gone. No DD yet. :( hopefully soon though. Had to buy a new car because mine broke and wiped out my savings and my checking with down payment. Ugh. Car is nice though :)
  • I called this morning because mine was accepted on 1/25 with 8863 form and the message is the same on IRS site processing will give date soon the lady at IRS when I called this morning said they would suggest 21 days from yesterday I told her that is bull they are not doing right
  • I think we should all contact our local Ombudsman office today. I know I will be, especially after the rude way they have talked to me. http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Advocate!
  • Like Share Print
    Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Texas

How Do I Reach A Taxpayer Advocate?

Call Your Local Taxpayer Advocate in Texas.
    City Address Phone                  

Fax                          
    Austin 300 E. 8th St., Stop 1005-AUS, Austin, TX 78701 512-499-5875 512-499-5687
    Dallas 1114 Commerce St., MC1005DAL, Dallas, TX 75242 214-413-6500 214-413-6594
    Houston

1919 Smith St., Stop 1005 HOU, Houston, TX 77002

713-209-3660
    713-209-3708

You can also call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free at 1-877-777-4778, or fill out Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance, and fax or mail it to the address above.

The Taxpayer Advocate Service is your voice at the IRS. Our job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly, and that you know and understand your rights. We offer free help to guide you through the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems that you haven’t been able to solve on your own. Remember, the worst thing you can do is nothing at all.

TAS can help if you can’t resolve your problem with the IRS and:

Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
        You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
        You’ve tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn’t responded by the date promised.

If you qualify for our help, we’ll do everything we can to get your problem resolved. You'll be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn. Although TAS is independent within the IRS, our advocates know how to work with the IRS to get your problems resolved.

As a taxpayer, you have rights that the IRS must abide by in its dealings with you. Our tax toolkit can help you understand these rights.

That sounds like us! I will be calling them this afternoon, They haven't responded by the date promised for sure. I have used the ombudsman's office in the past for the Attorney General and other government offices so maybe this will help.
  • awesome info clbpro..I will be giving them a ring as well
  • U good ii still dont have neither my state says have not been processed and I filed jan 19 and it was accepted by the irs on 25th
  • @sabre - my message has not changed what office am i at ?
  • Ok here's what I got, Called IRS advocates and they patched me through to an agent, not sure if it was regular IRS or Advocate IRS but he was extremely helpful.

Those of us that filed and got patched through early before 1/28 were thrown into Error Resolution department on accident. He said they have been working diligently to get those out of that department and processed.They said TT should have not batched us through early that's what caused this whole mess. We essentially got lost in the system and stuck in error control. My whole point all along.

The man was extremely nice even helped me and gave me the name of another tax preparer that the IRS approves to use next year. He gave me advice on my school, he said he went to the same school I did so I may have been speaking to the Dallas office.
    He also said that my return (As well as everyone else that TT have haphazardly patched through early) was in the last step of the error resolution department which is the Correction part of system. He said not to expect anything this week. But he thinks by Monday or Tuesday they will have all of them fixed and on the way for a DD. They will be open Monday as they have most every year.  

The system is still working returns so it could be by Monday that we receive a DD. He apologized for the wait and said he understood especially waiting for this to be done so I can file my FASFA for school. I said well if you could talk to the big guys up stairs and patched mine through I would appreciate it. I told him many of us have joined a support group in order to deal with this and we are all patiently waiting.

He told me he does have some pull but not sure how that much but he will see what he can do. Very nice man, and at least I know now that nothing may not happen until at least Monday or Tuesday when they resolve the issue with us being stuck in error resolution. And maybe he will by the grace of GOD batch mine through. :) That would be so nice of him. :) So that's it folks. Everyone try to relax for the weekend and look for a change Monday or Tuesday. He did ask that we not check the WMR but once a day because it's clogging up the system and causing it to be delayed which is giving inaccurate information.

At night is when it is updated. HE said always check then. I know this is true because my status changed at 7pm central time last time.
  • ok, I called the 1-877- number and the guy that answered, transferred me to the irs refund dept. which told me to call back after Feb 20th. WTH?
  • 1-877-777-4778, You will get another dummy at that number, just explain that you think your return is being held for fraud and ask to speak to someone that can look up your account. IF you get someone nice they will tell you the same thing they told me.
  • @cbl - i was told the same thing to call back after 20th they might get return processed- bs - i am so tired of this - i am going to be kicked out of my house and lose my daycare if i dont get that money by the end of the month and no one cares
  • I called again was sent to irs refund dept again.  was told i would get my refund by Feb 20 again
  • also called TT about getting a refund, they said they would refund my fees. we will see if thy actually do.
  • @jakenmichelle i was sent to the refund department too - same old crap
  • Noone cares! I swear. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and count on the big refund at the beginning of the year, I have put off a big bill that has to get paid by the end of the month. I need that money to come, or else I am going to have some big troubles. I should have had the money already.
  • @jaken I was given the speech about how i shouldnt count on my refund to live - then i let him know that my dad died and that is why i am broke now - he was pretty quiet but still refused to help me told me to wait the 21 days from the 30th and then call back. He said it might come in the mean time but he did not think so.
  • @chrisianbabe, I am so sorry about your dad. My mom passed some time ago and I remember how hard it was and still is.
    everyone I have talked to at the IRS has been rude! Arent these "people" people too? dont they file taxes and count on their refunds? you would think they would try to understand. ??
  • Not sticking up for any of the IRS reps, but they must be getting bumbarded with angry tax payors waiting for the IRS to get this mess straighted out.  That may be why so many people are getting attitudes when they call.  I have noticed that the male IRS agents have been way more helpful then the females.  I don't know why that is.  I still don't see any date for my return either.  It still says it's being processed.  Sooo over it already.
  • just a recap...sent refund by tt on the 22nd, accepted on 26th, delayed on the 29th.  Well, after spending 1hr 15mins on the phone with the lovely music of the irs...I finally got a rep that told me that since I was being evicted and have a 10mth old she would check on my refund.  After 10 more minutes (withing the 1hr 15mins) she stated that I would be recieving my refund in 5 days.  She also stated that since this is causing a financial hardship, she would send my complaint to the tax avocate but I should recieve my refund before I get  call from that person.  Hopefully, the direct deposit will hit before the final judgement of my eviction but...IT'S ON THE WAY...YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
  • @blk1rose I hope to god that this rep was telling you the truth you do get your refund before your eviction
  • @stef83...you and me both :).  I'll post IF & WHEN it hits.
  • So did I there are several people I know that have filed after me and received there returns but because I have the education credit I'm still stuck in processing ..... Hmmmm
  • @blk1rose - i was told the same thing as i am in the same boat as you - they did not tell me that i would receive my refund in five days but did a referral to the tax advocate program - i hope things turn out well for you - i will be out on the street on the 28th with no money :( I have four little kids - not cool. I have a feeling that i will still be waiting
  • How do I contact the IRS I've been looking for a telephone number and haven't been successful yet
  • 1-800-829-1040
  • Thank you so much ... The one number I was calling was telling me they are recieveing too many calls at this time and for me to go to the IRS web site and look the answer to my question
  • 1-800-829-0582 x 362
  • @tlcartier1018, did yuo get through to speak to someone?
  • No not an actual person kept getting the automated stuff based on the schedule from last year if it was accepted  around feb 14 it should be deposited or some sort of notification by feb 22 ... I know it's last years schedule n this year is all outta wack but its some sort of hope.. My boyfriend filed and was accepted same day as me only difference is his was reg 1040 no education credit. And once processing began he received his feb 1 for dd even tho no prior notice was given and it hit the bank before tt notified him or IRS for that matter.
Ok here's what I got, Called IRS advocates and they patched me through to an agent, not sure if it was regular IRS or Advocate IRS but he was extremely helpful.

• still no change here. I want my money back from TT.
  • clbpro thanks your information was so helpful. For those of us that are starving, updates on this thread is our lifeline. You are awesome.
  • VERY informative clbpro! Thank you
  • That guys was awesome! At least now we have some straight answers, it all makes sense now. That's all I wanted was an answer. Everyone try to enjoy your weekend. I know it's hard for those who really need the money, but at least we will have a few stress free days not wondering where our money is.
  • I filed on 1/29 my state was accepted on 2/1 and refund was in bank on 2/8. My federal was in pending till yesterday morning then it was accepted. WMR says refund accepted and the wait 21 days thing. Was anyone else accepted yesterday as well if so what is your status in WMR? Is WMR correct?
  • @cbl its great you got some answers i just told be prepared to wait another 21 days for processing and then told to call back on wednesday to possibly get an advocate - he also said that i might get my refund next week or might not and did not have an answer for the whole 21 day message - he just said check wmr refund and refused to acknowledge that my 21 day period is up.
  • All I wanted was a reason " why the hold up ?"  after days of reading this forum and posting on various sites  ... this explanation makes the most sense to me
Hey everyone. Can't keep up with which thread is which but wanted to give my input. Last night I couldn't check wmr. Checked at 12:15 this am and I have a ddd of 2/22. Filed 1/10, accepted 1/25 after being told Friday by the IRS rep that they couldn't find me. So hope this is the start to good news elsewhere.
  • Wow, Congrats! Did you file form 8863? I hope I get  a due date soon. I got accepted on 24th and WMR says "still processing".
  • Awesome thank you for the update
  • Did yours have the form 8863 education or?
  • Yes I filed 8863. Doesn't matter tho. I came to share my news and there's too many non believers. About to stop posting
  • Thank you for sharing....don't worry about the haters.  People can believe what they want to.  :)  I wish they would read posts, though, instead of asking redundant questions people have already answered!  
    Congrats on your DDD...that sounds strange...but there it is.  :)
  • Thanks, great news and yes it does matter to those who are still waiting. I agree don't even pay artention to negative people, we appreciate your update very much. Congrats.
  • Congrats yay
  • Congrats!!!! and Thank you for telling us, it gives us alittle hope.. thanks again
  • Mine was accepted on 2/14 and I had filed on 1/29 but, with a form 8863 so I new it would be till the 2/14 before it would even go through. It's good to hear some are starting to get DD dates. I will post as my pushes throught the steps as well. I've noticed on other forums a lot of people have been reviewed this year....Does anyone know why so many have been reviewed?
  • @a - they are cracking down on fraud thats why
  • I understand that espicailly if people are changing things on their returns every year. I've seen where other people are up for review and didn't even know. It seems this tax season has been a mess for everyone. I just hope they get it all straightened out. People are blowing up phone lines and WMR so nothing is up to date. I've got the bank cite that I check to see if IRS has sent it the them to be sent to me.
  • those of you that have dd dates did you have the generic DD when available message if so how long
  • Christianbabe I did. I was accepted 1/25. Sat with 21 day generic message for weeks. Changed to refund will be given when available on the 14th. I received my ddd of 2/22 yesterday at midnight
  • @lexeysmommy04 -  mine changed to the generic message dd when available on friday still no change - im going to call the irs but dont think it will do any good - i need this money to keep my home and the days are dwindling down now i have til the 28th to come up with the money and i dont think i will have it then i have asked for all the extensions i can get - this just sucks
  • Trust me I understand. I was there with everyone and shocked yesterday at midnight when it changed. I can't explain why mine or the select other few with 8863 now has a ddd but I feel awful because I had no control over this. I just hope everyone sees their money soon.
  • Congrats lexeys_mommy04 it gets very frustrating because it seems like everything goes wrong when you don't have any funds, and right now I need it badly as I have had no furnace for the last 7 days and it's 27 degrees where I live at the moment. Bad luck for everyone and good luck for some.
Why do threads keep getting closed down?

Just had DOC5108 post a comment to me here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1668469-today-is-february-14th-and-i-was-told-by-turbo-tax-that-my...

and then closed the thread?   Wow I am losing even more faith in TT, when I didnt have much left to begin with.  Freakin jerks! 
  • censorship?  it's silly.
  • I have no problem with them closing the thread, I just want to know what this "super user" was implying with his comment, as I had just posted my situation.  Seems poor representation for TT, in my opinion.
  • I agree.  Also, this person said "passed" instead of past.  What's that about? I know I'm in the minority, but as soon as I see improper use of words, misspellings and/or serious errors in grammar, I lose all faith in whatever that person has to say.
  • ...looks like it is open again, yes?

and their comment edited.  wow.
  • I JUST WANT THIS TO BE OVER.....
  • ok called IRS this morning got a supervisor she said 21 days started over yesterday filed 1/10 accepted 1/25 she also said early filers come first
  • @christim - i also called and was told that the period did not start over and that we should receive our refunds by 2-20 - even if the period starts over - most refunds are issued in eight days or less so we should still have our refunds by next Friday
  • Christian I was told the same thing, but they all lie so who cares what they say? They haven't given us one single answer that was correct besides, "We have your return and it's processing."
  • What is the number for the IRS that way I can contact them and find out what's going on with my return
  • 1-800-829-0582 x. 365
No change yet........would love to see one though. I doubt if anyone will see any significant changes today. Maybe by tomorrow there will be some new information on the WMR,
  • After an hour and 12 minutes i was told to call back tomorrow as today is my 21st day and i need to call after that - imagine that no one will be there - atleast they acknowledged my 1-26 acceptance date previously they were telling me it was the 30th.
Agreed.  I was "accepted" the 26th.  No new news.  It will probably be tom before we know anything. 
  • Nope...filed on 23rd accepted on 26th. Still processing.
  • My return was received by the IRS on 1/24 and I'm still processing, I see others with the form are going through as of an hour ago. No change on mine, and no one posted specifics. My bar is still gone and I'm getting the generic will give you a date when it's available. I have had that message 3 days now. I'm in Texas, I wonder where everyone else is located that is receiving acceptance today?
  • @clbpro....I'm in Louisiana...same thing for me.....However, I haven't seen anyone post any changes. Where did you see that at?
  • https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1662465-attention-ppl-has-anyone-with-a-form-8863-been-processed-yet-if-you-have-or-you-are-still-waiting-along-with-me-please-post-your-dates-below They are everywhere people who filed on or after 1/28 are getting dates today! This is BS. I have been sitting 22 days. I definitely will be filling a suit against TT.
  • I did my taxes on 1/21 was accepted on 1/26 and i have education status no new status for me either, this is bs, mine still says processing and will receive within 21 days. I will never use turbo tax again
  • It has nothing to do with TT. They cannot make the IRS accept and process your return. If you had filed with H&R or your local small tax office it still would have gone the same path. Check out the IRS website and just google 'education credit delays' and you will quickly see that it is every company and every person with that fomr and/or deduction.
  • im from oklahoma and i got the same message i thought that they was going to do it in order as received i have been accepted 1/25 and really starting to get mad people that filed after us is getting bars on wmr not fair at all
  • I think they are getting the 21 day bar like we had over 22 days ago. You can't be re accepted, once you are accepted you can't go back to accepted again once in the processing status. Something isn't making sense. And yes TT may not have known but those jerk offs batched our taxes through early causing us this delay after they said they would hold onto them. For that I will never use them again! If they had held ours like they held the others we would have been rejected and able to file without the form and like my daughter I would have had my money Monday! Instead here I am waiting 22 #$%% #$$%$## $$%$## days!!!! Watching everyone that filed after me get a refund!
  • @clbpro.......I have gone to every post available and there is noone saying that they got their refund  or DD date. Not anyone whio filed form 8863. You have obviously been misreading the post. There are plenty of people on here that have been pending at their tax preparers offices and are now accepted by the IRS but noone has any other information. Calm down.....it won't last forever!
  • I think you are right lesaj people are getting their state refunds, I did read it wrong, and then they keep saying that they were accepted. Well I was accepted 1/24 so I'm not sure how they are being re accepted after such a long wait. I have been in processing and that has never changed. And how would we even know if we receive a DD today because it only updates once a day, (usually at night) I have been accepted by the irs 22 days now. So just issue the check already. I am still pissed at TT because they shouldn't have pushed our returns through after stating it was ok to file because they would hold our returns. They didn't and they screwed me out the chance to file like my daughter without the form. I would have had my money this past Monday if they didn't push it through.
  • I see what's going on now. The earlier filers are still sitting and waiting, they are processing all other returns first. This is some BS! That's why everyone who filed after us has been accepted today. They are all accepting the later ones while we continue to sit!
  • @clbpro....calm down...just because they are accepting those who file today does not mean that they are placing them ahead of those who have already filed. If you filed before the 28th, which is the day the IRS realized their system had a problem with form 8863, then they accepted your return but placed it in a hold queue until today. If you filed after that day and your preparer kept your return until it could be accepted by the IRS then it went through today and if you held on to yours until today then it went through today. Accepted....that's all. Noone and I do mean noone has a DD date yet. Noone will know if their return has been processed and moved along until tomorrow or sometime next week since Monday is a federal holiday. Everyone that you see on here today that are saying that their returns were accepted are those filers who were on hold until today. Just be patient...accepted does not mean anything but accepted. That means the return was not rejected and those filers will hear something more shortly.
  • I did file before, I have been sitting accepted since 1/24. Very disappointing, They should process the ones that have been sitting so long then start to accept the ones who filed after 1/28. This all makes me think something else is going on.
  • I could not have said better myself lesaj 47!
  • You guys must all work for TT. lol WOW!
  • Funny...I was trying to help you out because you seemed to have been stressing over those who say their returns were accepted today! I don't work at TT but I've been sitting around since the 28th of January paying attention to everything that is going on and this is what I have learned. You were the one saying that people were everywhere stating that they had a DD date and you were the one saying that noone should have been accepted and returned ahead of yours so I was jsut trying to give you a little information that would hopefully keep you from giving yourself a STROKE! The nerve of you.......
  • Everybody I know whether they are TT, 1040.com, HR block, private tax preparer, etc.,with form 8863  have been waiting for today so that they could get their returns processed. Frankly, it wouldn't matter to me what order they processed them in, just process them and get them out of the way.
  • It's true. If you were an early filer, the IRS is throttling your return (something about looking for fraud). While the later filers are being sent through. As patience is a virtue, it still stinks *real bad* of a poor process. This forum/site isn't the only site being hammered by angry filers. It's happening all over the net. People are upset, and should be.
  • I filed 2/1, held by tt , sent today and have not accepted it. Not sure what they are doing.
  • So they aren't neccessarily letting everyone through that filed later. I think you guys will see progress soon.
  • That's why I am so mad at TT I never authorized them to send my return through early, as a matter of fact it stated to me to go ahead and do my taxes and NOT TO WORRY BECAUSE WE WILL HOLD ONTO YOUR RETURN UNTIL THE 30TH. Because of them not holding on I'm stuck on here almost having a stroke as some would put it. But don't worry I'm on three different heart meds I'm pretty sure one of those will keep me from stroking out lol. I will never file with TT again!
  • And BTW no one can help me right now until the IRS or TT starts making some progress. But thank you for trying, that's very sweet of you. And happy Valentines day!
  • I'm sorry . they just accepted my return. I spoke a few minutes too soon.
  • I have been held and I feel bad for you guy sitting and waiting. I think they should have processed you guys through before even accepting returns like mine.
  • clbpro, that is our exact sentiments here as well.  My wife and I were told the same thing, so we went ahead and "finished" our taxes, as they said they would hold on to them til the 30th, I had no idea they were being placed onto the server for the IRS to pick them up prior to that date.
  • thing is ....those of us who have been waiting....we have no idea what they are doing. I've heard that there will be dd dates on the website tomorrow. There's not much we can expect right now. Just because we can't see the transitioning process does not mean that nothing is being done. We'll see tomorrow.
  • Yes, lets all hope we see some updates in the morning.  I am not holding my breath though, as I am guessing it will be most likely either Monday or Tuesday before I see a change again.  I do however hold hope for a DD on the 20th.  My wife and I are betting eachother on what day.. she picked the 18th, I said the 20th... lets see who wins this one lol
  • @higgins... what do you mean you have been held?
  • Hey guys....being sarcastic to someone who is obviously already frustrated isn't going to create a very pleasant conversation.  All you can do is share the information and I commend you for that, but try to avoid saying things like, "calm down" to someone who is upset.  That is only going to trigger someone to be rude in their response because it is probably going to be received negatively.  We are all very frustrated with the IRS and TT and any other entity involved in the tax refunds this year so we all should be able to understand the frustration.  I have rent that is due and bills that can't get paid, just like the rest of us, but all I ask is that everyone continue to update their status so I know where I am in the game.  Thanks to everyone for their information!
  • Monday is Presidents Day so I doubt we will get any news that day.
  • @higgins_hollie, just because they have accepted yours doesn't mean that the late filers are being processed before the early filers, I can almost guarantee that u will have a little wait as well. They are already backlog.
  • You must have misunderstood me. I will have a long wait. I want you to be processed asap :)
  • Good luck everyone!  We are in the home stretch!!!  They say, "patience is a virtue".  Well, I'm running out of virtue, lol.
  • I am calling the IRS in about 8 minutes to find out what is the real deal. They open at 7am EST.
  • Do let us know what you find out
  • this is wierd earlier i had the generic message that it is being processed without my orange bar now they keep saying i may have entered my info incorrectly when i know its right if they only update once a day y does wmr do that, makes me feel like im going in circles
  • You can only check it three times so maybe you have been locked out
  • let us know whats the new bs the irs says to cover their ass
  • maybe but i check my fiances too i check that one much less and when mine might me locked like u said y doesnt his or my moms work
  • @clbpro... I am in Texas, I filed 1/22 was accepted 1/26. I have the bar which I have had the entire time but it still says processing and should have it in 21 days...blah blah blah lol I figured there would have been an update today on WMR but I was wrong.
  • I don't think anyone was updated today from the looks of it. After my bar went away I have had the new message 4 days now. This is just awful.
  • @misspriss76086 I, too, am in Texas and was accepted on the 26th and as of today, I still have the processing and should have it in 21 days  nonsense. No new updates whatsoever or the "new" message the other early filers have received. So, you are most defineitely not in that boat alone :-/
  • YOu know, I really am not trying to discourage anyone but I received a message when this whole thing got started that said not to expect a refund until late March/Early April. I chose to dismiss that memssage once I got on here and started talking to other filers with my same issue but that e-mail keeps playing in the back of my mind. Ummmm
  • So not true, that would wayyyyyyy beyond the 21 day threshold. They would have too many angry people
  • lmao!!!
  • lesaj that is true but for the early filers that TT mistakenly batched through early, we want to know what's going on. It's the whole not knowing that is getting a lot of us. We don't fall into that whole 8863 by March category because we have been waiting so long.
  • @clbpro......fyi....I was accepted on the 25th of January.......
  • I have no reason to lie. I have been posting that e-mail on here since I got it and as a matter of fact each day adds on to the wait! I was accepted on the 25th (got the electronic transmission form to prove it), had the first orange bar for a very long time. On the 11th of February the orange bar went away and I got the "your refund is still being processed" message. Now, it toggles back and forth between "your refund is still be pocessed" to "you may have entered incorrect information". So, you guys can laugh all day.....the fact is...you all are still waiting just as I am.
  • I didn't laugh and I  have no idea what that was about but here's what I found out. If you didn't see it below. FOR EARLY ACCEPTANCE FILERS ONLY!

1/17 I filed, 1/24 accepted due to TT early batch idiot thing to do. WMR date 4 days now we have received your return and it is being processed , will give you a dd when available. I'm in Texas so no State file just FED.

Ok here's what I got, Called IRS LOCAL DALLAS ADVOCATES and they patched me through to an agent, not sure if it was regular IRS or Advocate IRS but he was extremely helpful.

Those of us that filed and got batched through early before 1/28 were thrown into the ERROR RESOLUTION department on accident. (Because TT batched them through early) He said they have been working diligently to get those out of that department and processed. He said TT should have not batched us through early that's what caused this whole mess. We essentially got lost in the system and stuck in error control. It was a while before they realized we were even stuck in there! My whole point all along.

The system is still working returns so it could be by Monday that we receive a DD. (they will be open Presidents day) He apologized for the wait and said he understood especially waiting for this to be done so I can file my FASFA for school. I said well if you could talk to the big guys up stairs and patch mine through I would appreciate it. I told him many of us have joined a support group in order to deal with this and we are all patiently waiting.

He told me he does have some pull but not sure how that much but he will see what he can do. Very nice man, and at least I know now that nothing may not happen until at least Monday or Tuesday when they resolve the issue with us being stuck in error resolution. And maybe he will by the grace of GOD batch mine through. (And everyone else stuck with me))

:) That would be so nice of him. :) So that's it folks. Everyone try to relax for the weekend and look for a change Monday or Tuesday. He did ask that we not check the WMR but once a day because it's clogging up the system and causing it to be delayed which is giving inaccurate information.

• lesaj42 this whole thing above puts us in another bracket because we were batched through early because TT is stupid. We are not along with all the other filers who were able to file taxes normally in the time frame.
  • @clbpro...I was talking to you when I said that I was an early filer but the laugh comment was for someone else. Seems like there are new people on here lately and not the usual that I  have been chatting with. I saw the message you posted earlier. I just hope its something to go by. Like you said in one of your earlier messages, alot of the reps seem to just be saying something to get you off the phone. It actually seems like its amusing to them. Yet it urkes me.
  • My boyfriend filed same day as me jan 19 n we both were accepted jan 25 for early filing he received his return feb 1 and I'm still waiting on mine it says my return is still processing and a date will be given when available I'm guessing this is because I have the education credit and he didn't
I spoke with an agent today who said mine was still been held because of the error in the system. They are only accepting the new ones today and will process the old ones first is what I was told. I hope I explained that so that it can be understood.
  • So they will process the ones that have been held all this time? And they will accept the ones that haven't been accepted up to this point ?
  • Precisely! And mine wasnt even in que yet due to the error in their system. So im not even sure they have begun the processing phase for us as of yet. But they are accepting the 8863's again so that is good news. Im guessing, and this is only a guess, that they will begin processing tomorrow.
  • Wow... I am so over this.  I sure hope regardless we see some money before march :(
  • That doesn't make sense. If they're accepting new ones, they go into processing automatically. Unless your flagged or you call. A person doesn't even see your return, computers do the work. So I doubt they r holding anyone's as irs rep told many to watch for tomorrow or Saturday to get ddd on wmr
  • Any way you look at it, if they are accepting them again then we should be rolling. Plain and simple.
  • Ya.. Frustration is getting very high.. We're all at almost a month.. It's bullshit
  • I agree.  We too are depending on this money for bills. Because of this messy husband has gad to near kill himself with school and work.  Since we planned to have the money way before now! They need consiquences for their mistake
  • Actually I think blame should be placed on congress for waiting so long to change things and causing the IRS to have to go through this mess so late in the game. So heres what I propose for consequences dont vote for the same Representatives and Senators next term! LOL
  • I blame both but this is mostly irs fault. No changes made to this credit, congress just extended it. Irs should have assumed that was gonna happen and just prepare to remove it if not
  • thats what the irs told me too
I filed Jan. 20 accepted Jan. 25, because I had the Education credits it didn't really "process" until Feb. 14th, however I recieved my State refund Feb. 13th and WMR still shows processing, it doesn't have the green bars anymore and I still don't have a DD, either.... Hoping my federal will come soon now.
  • Yep, our state, IOWA has been done now for over a week, refund already received.  

Makes it even more confusing as Iowa will not even touch a return, unless the federal is filed and accepted.
  • Same here... Just the new your DD will be available soon.  Just another way for them to say " we still don't care keep looking"
  • Starting think the new message changed few days to means your in KC office, ones changed today in Dallas office.
  • In texas the DD date is usually given on Saturday morning but no change in mine yet and its 646 am in houston
  • This is getting So drawn out!! I have been waiting like the rest since 1/24!!! Haven't posted bit have been looking here for a couple weeks searching for a slight glimmer of hope on a dd , refund status update..have sat here thinking, ok, at least by Friday something's gotta give. :( no change other than what everyone else is seeing..accepted/processing...blah blah!!! Wth? Aaaaaaagh, where's OUR refunds? Ok had to get that out..any luck anyone?
  • my status changed from the 21 day spiel to.....

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

this is crazy!!!!
  • @Mrs.Baldwin... did that just change today for you?

Mine changed to that this past Monday.  So was curious.
  • Mrs. Baldwin- Accepted 1/26 and mine just changed to that earlier as well. Hopefully it is progress!
  • That what we thought Monday when we changed. Doesn't appear any progress
  • I was also accepted on 1/26 and mine changed to the new message also this morning.
  • Mine is the same....filed 1/11, accepted 1/24....bars disappeared on Mon.......DD will be provided when available. People are saying that when they received that message, they called and were told they were under review.  Can't imagine any of us are under review, when processing didn't even start until yesterday....lol  Guess that message can mean just about anything....lol
  • I have heard so many answers about this message that I am not sure who is correct. I don't think that it means you are under review but I could be wrong. I am just glad to see something change!!!! Hopefully by the weekend we will have more info!
  • Its weird that WMR doesn't have a status bar and states "when a dd is available" and irs2go just says it processing...I called IRS to see whats going on and she states it still processing and i have to wait an additional 21 days starting on 2/14...no good news :( I hope Tuesday I get a DD...
  • I highly doubt that every person that filed with 8863 before delay is under review (1 million people)
  • I don't see how it could mean us early acceptance 8863ers could possible be under review, since they are saying we haven't been processed yet.  Who knows with IRS.  Maybe this is a pre-review to the review they have planned for all of us...lol
  • I didn't have any of the delayed forms I was accepted 1/28 and still processing wait 21 days
  • @ TAXPRO, yes as of 6:30 this morning.
    @ga_dawg07, i was also accepted on 1/26.
    @nosanity03, i don't believe that's the case... I never received a letter or nothing... but with the IRS their sneaky
  • I think the reason why we are getting that message is because we are either passed or close to passing the "21 days" from when we originally were accepted. It is just about the same message when I check the account IRS set up for fee's to be taken out. It states something along the lines of the IRS did not deposit your refund and to give it an additional 7 days. I have read where people were under review after getting this message but I highly doubt ALL of us are under review, does not make sense!
  • Ya the "under review" posters are mostly stirring the pot, or really dont know, but feel the need to post and just scare people.
  • Hope you don't think I was trying to stir the pot.  If you read my post, I typed 'lol'.  I really was joking.
  • I was talking to IRS rep yesterday and she states that there are 3-4 call centers and they update info at different times.....some at midnight, afternoon, and evening.... she told me to check in the evenings... but idk i don't believe them.. i used to be a rep for new york times and people at my call center would tell customers anything to get them off the phones.
  • Exactly taxpro, I agree with your last post. Some people's theory on things are ridiculous
  • TaxPro- I agree! If the IRS is projecting 9/10 people will receive their refund within 21 days there is no way they are reviewing this many people. If so then we are some unlucky folks!
  • Not due to nearing 21 days. Lady was at day 10 without 8863 and as this am, has same message. People accepted 1/23 also say they still have 21 day message.. I'm 1/24 accepted and had since monday
  • @Taxpro...Mine changed this am

Mine was accepted since 1/26.
    Hopefully this is a step in the right direction :)
  • I have had that message for 4 days. Today is the fourth day. I haven't moved. Accepted 1/24
  • Under LDR’s new fraud prevention system, all state income tax returns are subject to verification with state-of-the-art identity authentication software. The first tax returns will be processed February 15, 2013. The first refunds will issue on February 26. If the system flags a return as suspicious, LDR will direct the taxpayer to a customized online data test or a telephone survey for a secure method of identity verification and final certification of the return.

I live in Louisiana and this is what the Louisiana Revenue Website says. I posted this because I am sure other states have the same system and if you have passed the state level then you will probably pass the federal level with the same ease. There is so much happening out there.
  • This is a post I found on TT facebook page   disclaimer  I did not write this  I just copied and pasted it here.
    just talked to IRS rep 15 mins ago because we are both at our 21 day mark. We filed Jan 7th and accepted the 25th. They told her most filers who filed before the 30th who got batched in are more likely to get a delay. There system messed up and caused the batch filers to get put through to the error resolution center. Nothing to do with out tax refunds, had to do with their systems. But they did say that returns are being processed fairly quickly and theres a chance that they won't be there long. God I hope not! !http://www.irsvideos.gov/Professional/IRSWorkProcesses/SubmissionProcessingPipeline
  • it makes a little sense  ...  I hope  the irs lady was truthful to him
  • In that case TT owes us all a refund on fees. They shouldn't have batched us through early! They should have for the 100000th time held onto our returns like they said they would and we wouldn't be in this damn mess!
  • FOR EARLY ACCEPTANCE FILERS ONLY!

• i was just told to be prepared to wait another 21 days -
  • I can not take another 21 days of this    :(
we have all been told this once or twice but it is true"bad news travels fast so sometimes no news is good news"
    Just checked the irs.gov WMR site and the page was updated today but my status has not changed since Monday (Your return is still being processsed. A refund date will be posted when available.)
    • Okay I wanted to update you all:

I filed on 1/17 and accepted on 1/24. My status has not changed since 2/13. So I called 1-800-829-1040 and keep pressing "0". The first rep could only transfer me to accounts department (he was pleasant and kind) and after waiting another 15 minutes I spoke to nice woman. At first she said that she could not look up my account and 21 days is just a generic message and so on so on. And to check WMR and IRS2Go app for regular updates. I listened quietly and patiently until she was finished talking. I then said I am not trying to get you in trouble or cause problems but I need answers. Can you transfer me to your supervisor? WMR and the IRS2go app are not correct and not updating with the correct information. After going back and forth for a couple of minutes, she asked for my information and came back 3 minutes later with a DDD of 2/26. I hope this is correct and hoping for the best. At this very time WMR is still showing the same status since 2/13.
    • AHHH that's great information because now it makes sense. I too have about 8 people that have that same generic message so this gives us hope that even though status hasn't changed maybe we are still alive in the system. Thank you for updating I hope all of us early accepted get DD next week.
    • I was accepted on 1/24 just called the IRS and they gave me a DDD of 2/26!! WMR still says still processing refund date when available. I was able to order transcripts last night. Looks like they are working on us early filers!! Thank you Lord!!!
    words for thought.

I don't think no one should point the finger. Because at the end of the day if you can say you are expecting a refund. ...your lucky. most blue collar and white collar americans strive hard to earn that green. some wont get it reimbursed in a form of a refund ( tax free).  I think people shouldnt check their status more than once or twice at the most a day. because 50% of the time you are left with disappointment and confusion. irs attitude is nothing new. there human beings not robots. yeah things could of been ran better yeah handled better yeah prepared better. but hey irs employees are not ( that old show when they turned that man into a machine) lol. wish they were. but basically stop eggin because either way us treasury has to cough up millions of refunded money. smile
    • p.s stop listening to people say that talk to so and so . cuz that some B****SH*T capish. lets keep each other known when some one gets a DD date. cause i will so others can feel relieved.
    • "GENTLE MEN WE CAN REBUILD HIM..WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY..BETTERR.STRONGER.FASTERR
    • not necessary they can swallow our money for this fiscal cliff - government default crap which will be on the table in congress again next week - i think that this is all scam.
    • if you dont believe in god devils angels. honey the devil is in the midst of america. ima pray for my wellbeing honey cause we in trouble.  if you get your refund before march 1st you lucky. cause if the sequester kick in middle class is going to hit the fan. man i aint so proud to be american right now. congress playing for simple fact wnt to save tax braks for the 1% . thats why our refunds are like this . jesus christ . ima move to the country so glad. buy some land get a house built. because the cities are gonna be hit hard if the sequester pass.
    its Monday and still same ol WMR   accepted 1-25    and still waiting..
    • Me as well.
    • I have a dd of the 22nd
    • still no DD for any of my early filers
    • I filed early i was accepted 25th.
    • still no DD here either! accepted jan 25th.
    • did u file the 8863?
    • i filed form 8863.
    • Anyone know whats going on with this delay?
    • I am a tax preparer and this year I had 8 that were accepted on 1/25. All with 8863. Another 9 was accepted on 2/14 with 8863. None, I repeat, NONE either early accepted or the ones that were accepted in 2/14 have recieved a DD date as of 8am. I have not called the irs because i am waiting to see if DD dates update this week.
    • Also let me add that the early accepted  ones that were accepted on 1/25 still have the generic " a DD date will be provided when available" I will update here, as soon as anything changes with any of my clients status.
    • Thanks that would be helpful
    • I'm on hold with the IRS now. I was accepted on the 24th with the same message since 2/11. I am beyond fed up. I will be nice but firm and let you all know with whatever information I can get from them.
    • stef83 thank you we will wait for your update on what IRS says and hope it's good news.
    • Me too.
    • So frustrated with this and my school funding at least I can call my school and yell at them
    okay after doing alot of research and calling around letme ease some ears with logical TRUTH.
    1. some people are getting dates thurs fri
    research answer: Turbo and irs says status should update 48 to72 hours if not 24 on wmr
    Answer: since monday is a federal holiday that is just what it means just like post office , fed ex. postage is DELAYED POSTPONED they will resume tuesday WHY back piles of filers if you dont get a status of dd tuesday or wednesday chances are you refund is not this week . WHY wedneday is a humped day which means wmr updates current news systems updates .

2. dont lose hope WAIT WAIT WAIT GOOD NEWS
    research answer : a lovely turbo tax black lady rep sorted and deeply researched my MONIESSS. and she said for ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYONE THAT had a 8863 . please excuse the now and 19th status cause this hit them unexpectdly.
    that QOUOTE AHEM " THE MOST YOU AND EVERYONE LIKE YOU WILL WAIT IS MARCH THE 7TH ..BUT SINCE I EFILED IT WILL BE REAL SOONER THAN THAT. IF NOT BY THE WEEK OF 19TH THE FOLLOWING WEEK AFTER"

so if no date dont lose faith because if not this week definetly NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT WEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• KEY WORD LIKE ME *ITCHES . so dont be chewing my ass off. cause first YOU HAVE TO HAVE NO FKN ERRORS  2. TT STATUS MUST STILL SAY ACCEPTED . YOU MUST HAVE A EMAIL FROM TT that says your return is accurate or tt say your return is acknowledged and accepted in the detail report.  if you cant order scripts by weds urs may fall with next week deposits
    • try never i have given up packing my house now as no money this week=no home for kids - not using tt again - and i am filing my state elsewhere
    Filed 1/17, Accepted 1/24.....checked WMR this AM (6:21am) and it STILL shows "your refund is still being processed"
    • This is so awful, I think I will call IRS today. I was an early filer and accepted on 1/25. Still no DD just processing. I'm leaving for my cruise on Friday and I was expecting that money. This is just not right!!
    • @kasha calling will do no good they will read from a script and refuse to look up your account and you will wait for 45 minutes to talk to anyone wait til tomorrow then they will look up
    • I filed with an 8863 on the 24th and was accepted.  I received the email from TurboTax letting me know that my return had been accepted but that the IRS would not start processing until February 14th.  On February 14th, I got an email form Turbo Tax letting me know that I should be able to start checkign my status within 72 hours.  I checked everyday and received a message letting me know that my return was being processed and that I would receive a dd date when available.   I told myself that if the screen had not changed by the 19th that I would call the IRS.  I called the IRS first thing this morning and waited about 15 minutes.  I spoke to the gentleman and he informed me that the 21 days starts over on the 14th no matter what for 8863 filers who have filed electronically and had been accepted.  He said it makes no difference if you filed on Jan 24th, Jan 30th or February 14th because nothing started processing until February 14th if you were an 8863 filer.  He said in most cases people should start seeing a dd date sooner than 21 days after the 14th but that sticking to the 21 day rule is the best way to go.   Needless to day, I was very disappointed with this information but it does totally makes sense.  He also said that the individual tax services are giving out whatever information is necessary to keep their customers happy but that it doesn't matter because the 21 days started over on the 14th.    Sorry guys and I hope this information helps a little.  Of course, depending on the day, I can see where another IRS agent would tell me somethng different.
    • I got the same thing. I just the IRS would issue a statement about when we can expect a dd. This would probably help them an tax filers. I just need the money bad....but it will come.
    • I wish they would too @ muziqizmylife.  I am keeping my fingers crossed and thinking President's Day has something to do with it.  I realize the 21 day thing but have filed with them for years and although they always say 21 days it ends up happening within a week or a week and a half.  I think he had to say 21 days because that is their general policy.  My biggest question was whether or not the 21 days started over on the 14th and I found out it does which makes everything that is going on make more sense.
    • not soon enough for me - no money means no home as of the 28th - when i called yesterday i was told to call back on 2-20 as this is my 21st day and that they would have information or a dd for me.
    • Today was my 21st day and that is why I called.    The 21 days started over on February 14th no matter how early anyone filed.   I have a feeling we will still get the money sooner and learn our dd dates by wednesday or thursday.  At least I hope.  It is ridiculous that folks are losing homes, have no food and are struggling so much due to this mess.  I am sending positive thoughts up for all of us.
    • Everyone is getting different answers. The IRS should post some type of blog.or publication to clear up the confusion!!! It would help. @christianbabe Idk what ur faith is like but I do believe that if you hold strong to your faith that it will work out. HE may not come when u want him. But he's always on time. Stay positive!!!! That's the only thing we can do. Keep living!!!!
    • My post from my convo with the IRS this morning:
      I just got off the phone with the IRS and the lady I spoke with  said that WMR has more accurate information than she can give me!!! I said how is that when I have had the same message for over a week now. After much demanding she looked up my account and "put me on hold" but not really. I heard EVERYTHING. They don't know what's going on!! The super said I don't know what to tell you to tell her. Then the agent said well we got an email to tell everyone to call back tomorrow. The super said yeah even though today is her 21st day tell her tomorrow is her 21st day! SMDH. So when she took me off of hold I said y'all don't know what the hell is going on do you? She said I don't have any information for you. Wow! I said we'll can you at least tell me if I'm out of the errors resolution dept? And she said that I was not in errors anymore. Who knows if I am or not but at this point what do I have to lose.....beside hope in the system. I said though I really need my refund I also need my transcript for FA, she put me on hold for real this time and came back with nothing. She was very apologetic but was not very helpful. I give up...... My refund and transcripts will just get here when they get here.
    • @kfarrar36.....That makes sense. I filed on 1/29 and got accepted on 2/14. I done got my state refund back before then. Hopefully everyone will start seeing some light at end of tunnel. Everyone keep posting as your is updated. I have also learned WMR is not always correct. I have the site for SBBT who TT uses to deposit o0ur money it is very accurate as to when they receive your refund. I am checking it once in eveings to see if they have received it. A lot of people I have noticed are under review this year...seems they are reviewing a lot of people this year.
    • @stef83.....Thats bad when they don't know what is going on. It looks like they are just filling people full of BS or what they want to hear. It makes sense what KFARRAR36 posted that the 21 days would start over on the 14 but they should let everyone know if that is the case and not give people the run around. At least knowing that would ease people mind.
    • How do u know when ur under review? What's the sbbt?
    • @kfarr - tomorrow is the first 21 day mark for everyone who was an early accepter - irs does not start counting days until th 30th so no one has met their 21 day mark until tomorrow - monday does not count because they had only a skeleton crew working
    • I hope you find out some encouraging info tomorrow.  Good luck!
    • you too - i will be praying for something good to happen - it seems as if the board is quieter today and so I am wondering if some people actually got their money as they have been missing for a day or two - i suppose they might not care anymore either
    • Yeah, I think we are all feeling a bit confused and taken advantage of by the situation.   I was just remembering that while I was on hold with the IRS I noticed that the recording that came on said that if you do not want to wait then to call back on Wednesday or Thursday.  I am keeping that faith that this means they are going to know alot more by then and I am hoping that means we will have dd dates.  I am just going to hold on to little things like that because like you, I cannot afford to wait until March 7th to hear something.   I hope we all get good news by tomorrow or Thursday, preferrably tomorrow!
    • ppl either tired got ddd or even dd only the needy still here !  i need that money like yesterday
    • i know i have been talking to u on this board from day one :) im needy too
    • i think the only reason they say that is because there are more calls on mondays and tuesdays than other days plus the holiday yesterday
    • irs is like boomsheeka meets dry eyes guy. i would stop houndin like a crackhead. this whole thing bull. we call it broke they call it fiscal cliff. irs gets entertained about payers refunded money but ohhhhhh when you owe notes emails flags and sh*t everywhere
    • I check occasionally on here.. Still no money, no ddd, same shit message. Finally accepted its beyond my control, nothing more can say or do. I've given up. One day ill wake up with dd or ddd.. Hopefully before we all croak. Lol
    • unclesam poster SNIGGLIN STOPS WHEN YOU OWE
    • @muziqizmylife.....I don't know other people where posting on other forums about receiving a letter. The SBBT is Santa Barbara Bank and Trust that is the bank Turbo tax uses.
    • I think your right some people have got DD dates or just gave up.
    • more you check that crap madder you get
    • Sounds likle we all have to hurry up and wait till March! I am hurting as bad as everyone else, So prayers and thoughts they do the right thing and expedite this mess!
    • it sucks but i am going to continue to pray i will be evicted at the end of the month without this money - i have only 500.00 and have over two thousand dollars worth of bills to pay before march 1 - i am hoping and praying i think that we will see something tomorrow supposed the dd when available message means that return is almost processed but not processed enough for a dd yet
    • Spoke with IRS rep... He gave me the March 7th date and told me to keep checking WMR... :(
    • I got the March 7th date too because it is the 21st day after February 14th.    I think that is the general answer they are giving.  I do think that March 7th is the last date it could possibly be deposited but it is my experience with filing in the past that if you filed electronically then you will get the money somewhere within a week or a week and half into the 21 days.   I am saying this based on the 21 days starting over on February 14th like the agent told me this morning.  I think we will start seeing DD dates in the next few days.  At least I hope.
    • okay i told everyone that was i lyin oryou had to hear it from horses mouth lol . if you efiled if you dont get a status or refund this week both will be next week .  feb is almost up smile your money comin
    • Ive been told so much read so much even a forum beef I didnt start at this point im from the show me state money in my hand
    • Mine was accepted on 2/14 and no status change on WMR but just now I was able to order transcripts. Is that a good sign?
    Did where's my refund update this morning?
    • Mine updated this am.
    • Mine did not.
    • didn't for me at 8:12am in Texas. Still nothing! This is ridiculous!
    • Neither did mine. Accepted 24th. 8:37 in Texas
    • Filed 1/22 Accepted 1/26 has been processing ever since... spoke with irs rep yesterday she said until my 3 week window has elapsed all she can tell me is that its processing... i then informed her i filed form 8863... She got really quiet and then said well that could b your hold up it may take an additional 21 days after the acceptance of the form 02/14 my problem is which information is correct and why did i have to inform the irs employee on the form i filed... ugh !! another TT filer!

I live in Louisiana and this is what our website says at the Louisiana Revenue Website.
    • Filed 2/4 and still pending.  State accepted and deposited on 2/13.  So frustrated...
    • Filed 1/11 accepted 1/24 and DD date 2/22. I have education, Erica and dependants. Hopefully everyone else's will come soon good luck
    • It's because we are all sitting on someone's desk, waiting for them to get to us, and who knows where we are in the pile???

WASHINGTON —The Internal Revenue Service has a message for taxpayers eager to learn the status of their tax refund: Please don't check the IRS website every five minutes -- once a day is enough.

OTHER STORIES

• The IRS said its "Where's my refund?" website and smartphone app are being overwhelmed by eager taxpayers.

The agency said its systems are only updated once a day, usually overnight, and the same information is available the website, the IRS2go smartphone app and IRS toll-free phone lines.

To avoid delays, the agency said the best time to check on refunds is evening and weekends.

The IRS said nine out of 10 taxpayers typically receive refunds in less than 21 days when they file returns online and get refunds deposited directly into bank accounts.

• Oh don't get me started on political because ill just blame it all on Obama lol
    • Lol... Here here to that
    • They should be real eager as they say to do their jobs and we won't keep checking then
    • Exactly!! I said that same thing to someone today.  They should have been prepared either way.  They people responsible for working this out probably make 60k or more a yr and don't even receive a tax check.. So why would they care!  Of course I'm just annoyed so my mouth is flying off and I am probably wrong
    • Your prob spot on... It's become tiresome with all this bs we have go through for this
    • Yes, I do not agree with this announcement, as I experienced once where the website and phone had different information.  I fail to see why our own Govt wouldnt have systems capable of the masses calling, checking and such.  IT is our money after all, dont they expect we will want to track it?   I think the once a day update is a lil outdated... they should have that tool "live time" just my opinion.
    • im not sweatin a ***thing. i did me n my husbands tax. and i got us 9 grand in refund as a accounting wiz and doing that as my passion career. IM BLACK + 9 grand = fun day when it hit the bank. we already mapped out our household furnish check list and priced . YA DIG. please it can show tomorrow or next week . just long i know im " in line" and not out of line. i would be checking turbo tax more to make sure my early return stay EARLLY ACCEPTED. PSH in no rush . just long it magically appear in BOA.
    • I really don't understand why people jump on the president as soon as ANYTHING goes wrong with a government entity.  I mean, really? Does anyone really think that Obama sat back and said, "You know what, I want to make all those people who have special education credits wait as long as we can just so they have to suffer!"?! Let's be logical! The president has absolutely nothing to do with the IRS on issues like this and if Obama had it his way our representatives wouldn't have taken until Jan. 2 to pass laws for 2012! Give the man a break! It is amazing how much everyone wants to put on his shoulders and then gets pissed at him when ANYTHING goes wrong....he is ONE MAN. ONE. I seriously doubt any of us could do a much better job.  Let's just be glad he isn't George W. :))
    • Let me try this again...tried 5 mins ago and it didn't post...

I've been filing my tax returns with taxslayer  for years, but I've been lingering around the 8863's forums to see if you all were experiencing the same thing I was, but here's my timeline:

1/21 e-filed with taxslayer

1/23 received a message from taxslayer stating that my return had been rejected ( never called to find out why, just figured I had to wait until 1/30)

1/30- received a message from taxslayer stating that the IRS will not be accepting ANY returns with an 8863 until mid-February regardless of which tax agency you used. They stated that they would secure my return until the IRS began to accept returns with the 8863.

2/8 received an e-mail from taxslayer stating that the IRS would start accepting returns with 8863s on 2/14 and they would promptly send my return on 2/14

2/14 received another e-mail from taxslayer at 2:17p.m. that my return had been successfully accepted by the IRS and I could start using WMR to check for status updates. Sure enough at 2:20 p.m. I logged on to WMR and it stated that return had been accepted and to allow 21days to receive my refund.

I was never worried about my refund because taxslayer kept me informed every time there was a change or update. I think TT dropped the ball and led you all under false pretenses. I am only guessing but I honestly think your 21days starts today if you were accepted. I hope that I am wrong, and you all receive your returns a lot sooner. I just think TT didn't not handle this issue well, and got a lot of your hopes up. I'll try to keep you posted on my status, and wish you all the best of luck.
    • FYI: I filed on 1/22 - accepted by IRS on 1/24 - Been in LIMBO ever since.  I do not have a DD yet, but I did get the e-mail from TT stating the IRS will be processing today.  I do not have the 21 day message anymore and WMR states "processing, dd when available"
    • Same exact dates n message here jealusie... Except filed 1/11
    • How would WMR have any info on a return transmitted today (same day)?   Thats odd
    • Taxslayer E-mail:

Congratulations! Your Federal return has been accepted! You can print a copy of your accepted return from your account at http://www.taxslayer.com.

If you are expecting a refund, please visit the following link, Where's My Refund? in order to track the status and estimated delivery.

-- TaxSlayer.com Support

WMR:

Refund Status Results

Return ReceivedRefund ApprovedRefund Sent

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
      You should get your refund within 21 days from the date we received your tax return.
    • My point was, that the IRS states the WMR is updated once daily, overnight.... so obviously these returns had to be transmitted last night.
    • That's possible, all I know is that I got the e -mail today and checked WMR today.
    • @ jealusie.....IKR !
    • Jealsue- it was more of a joke about Obama. But I do sit back and chuckle at how easily people get offended if you say ANYTHING that sounds remotely negative against him. I mean after all, he is such a great president. There have been so many positive changes since he took office. But that's my two sense ... So lets keep this strictly about our refund and not political or it cold her very ugly.
    • I think it's funny how some people are blaming Obama, when the Obama administration is the one that instituted the American Opportunity Tax Credit.  It's not the president's fault that congress couldn't put their big boy pants on and pass a working budget in a timely manner.  If you look back on recent events, we should be contacting our political officials and giving them a piece of our minds for acting like babies struggling to keep their diapers on while the rest of sit and wait for them to pull the pacifers out of their mouth.
    • Enough with the politics.
    • Nobody is here to read people rant about what branch of government is at fault. Let's keep it on tax subjects only.
    • Has anybody status change this morning that filed with ther 8863???
    • Not mine. Accepted 1-25
    • Mine is still at "your return is still processing, a refund date will be provided when available"

However my experience has shown this year, that the WMR tool will and has changed at around 730 am  CST.  So I will check it again in about a hour +
    • thats good info because i was told it was 7am E so thats when ive been checking.
    • Nada
    • @ taxpro will u please keep us informed? I was really expecting an dd date dis am but it seems the IRS working at its on pace!! Frustrated!!!
    • Sure will.... I am just about all grey hair now, whats left of it anyway...
    • Just checked mine....still processing message, refund when available.  Filed on 17th, accepted on 25th.  Was really hoping to see a dd date this morning.
    • Same here accepted on 1/24, nothing but that still processing message.
    • nope still waiting on dd accepted on 25th
    • this is wierd earlier i had the generic message that it is being processed without my orange bar now they keep saying i may have entered my info incorrectly when i know its right if they only update once a day y does wmr do that, makes me feel like im going in circles. Wmr changes by the hour not daily like the irs says.
    • Does that when you check too many times and get locked out. ^^^^ No change again! 4th day with the generic message received and will get a date blah bla blah. I can tell they are accepting all the ones that filed and I can just bet they are going to go back once they get them all after the 28th and then start to give dd. This sucks and I don't care who's fault it is at this point I just want my money!
    • maybe but i check my fiancesand mother's too i check that those much less and when mine might be locked like u said y doesnt his or my moms work
    • @clbpro I feel the same way.

It seems as though they are accepting everyone but not making any changes or updates to those of us who have been waiting for several weeks. I filed on the 17th which was four weeks from yesterday. I am beyond frustrated with this and just want what belongs to me.... MY MONEY!
    • Because its the same computer. delete your history and all cookies, and it will work again. But honestly, you only need to check once in the morning.
    • I filed the 17th too. They should have held our returns and we wouldn't be in this mess! The last time I waited this long was when I filed a paper return years ago!
    • nope different electronics
    • Hey guys I spoke to an IRS agent and anyone with 8863 that has been accepted regardless of when the 21 day period started over yesterday when they could process them.
    • @debra - i just talked to the irs as well as was told that the period does not start over again - they still tell me that i should have my refund by the 20th (extra day because of the holiday) which is 21 days from the 30th.
    • I was told the same thing, but really it doesn't matter what they say because we all know all they do is lie. They say whatever they feel like to get your off the phone, that's why I am calling the ombudsman's office today!
    • Yea in regards to your letter from the sucks are us...... So what, give us some answers and we won't flood your web site you idiots! Seriously what do they expect?
    • @sweetorchid62.......no harm done......BUT I do agree that too many people have misplaced anger...lol!   The IRS has us so confused that we don't know who to blame!   I wanted to play around for the weekend and  put a little extra in my rainy day fund, but I also know the feeling of needing to pay the bills with it too.......my prayer is that everyone will be ok until the deposits come in :)
    • I just called my local ombudsman's office. If they do not return my call by 12pm I will call back and get to the main number where I can speak to someone.
    • I'm the phone with them now. So far the agent told me that yes they are batching everyone through and they will start processing us (those that were accepted before 1/28) after everyone who filed after is in the system. I'm now on hold to speak to an agent who is going to look up my return. They did tell me that TT should not have tried to batch my file through the system early and that's one of the big reasons that I have had to wait. Which is what I have been saying all along! I told him I was worried that I was stuck in review and he assured me that I wasn't but I'm waiting to speak to someone who will look up my account and make sure. He also said it's 21 days from the 30th no matter what. I've heard this before.