TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

My Morgan Stanley/Smith Barney 1099 forms are available on line. Why can't Tubo Tax download the information?

• I tried a smaller password and it didn't work.
If you were converted to a Morgan Stanley account early last year and have a couple 1099's (Smith Barney for the first few month and Morgan Stanley for the rest of the year0 and you can download the later from Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, then the problem in getting your Morgan Stanley formerly Smith Barney to download may be your password.

While searching the posts for an answer, a posting from MiataRacer on SB download problems a couple years ago jogged my memory.  Smith Barney would only accept weenie passwords for a turbo tax connect - those pathetic six-eight character pw's that make you wonder just how safe your investment aren't...

So I signed into the old SB sites, using the I forgot my password feature, changed my password to an 8 character string. For good measure did the same on my MS signin.   Was able to successfully get both 1099's.  Then changed the passwords to something more complex.

HTH.

MiataRacerFan
  • I tried changing to an eight digit pass word and it didn't work. Now what?

Similar questions other people found helpful: