Do I have to file for form 1098-T

I am a student that receives Financial aid and took out Student Loans.  I was mailed form 1098-T do I submit this form as well, there were no links for this particular form.
Deduction and credits for qualified education expenses (tuition, fees and in some cases books and course related materials and equipment) are tied to dependency. Whoever claims the student as a dependent (student or someone else) on their tax return is the one who can claim qualified education expenses paid out of pocket or with loans for deduction or credit. It doesn't matter who actually paid the expenses. On the other hand, scholarships that paid non qualified expenses such as room and board must be entered on the student's tax return as income. 

Where do I put my information in for 1098-T?
  • Where do I put in the information from the 1098-T form????  It paid for my classes but not my books
  • Click on Tools then Topic Search. Type 1098-T in the search box and click on the matching form in the drop down box and click Go.
  • My son lives away for college I have paid truck , medical and housing is it better for me to claim him? Or him to claim himself but didn't work much
  • If he meets the tests to be claimed by you, he can't claim himself whether you claim him or not. He does not have a choice. Here are the tests:

1. The child must be your son, daughter, stepchild, foster chld, brother, sister, half brother, half sister, stepbrother, stepsister, or a descendant of any of them.
    2. The child must be (a) under age 19 at the end of the year, (b) under age 24 at the end of the year and a full-time student, or (c) any age and permanently and totally disabled.
    3. The child must have lived with you for more than half of the year. Temporary absences while away at college are considered living with you.
    4. The child must not have provided more than half of his or her own support for the year.
    5. If the child meets the rules to be a qualifying child of more than one person, you must be the person entitled to claim the child as a qualifying child.
    6. The child must be a U.S. citizen or U.S., Canada or Mexico resident for some portion of the year.
    7. The child must be younger than you (or your spouse, if filing jointly) unless disabled.