is anyone else having trouble accessing wheres my refund?

• YES!!!!!!..........so much for y0our government working for you........I wonder if the IRS agents.have any problem as we are facing??????//
  • When will I get my return
  • Since I could not get on the site either, I called and found out my refund is still processing and there was no date given on when to expect it.  The number was 800-829-1040 if you want to check your refund.  I filed mine on 1/30/13.
  • I am a fed and we ALL hate what we do. Trust me, NO ONE in treasury or the IRS gives a darn about the working stiff! I should have gone to law school and become a legitimate crook! Or, run for political office. Federal employees (peons, not Congress) have not gotten raises is three years, and seems everyone's social security tax has doubled. Last year, I asked for my return card, got the card, then a check in the mail three weeks later, Thank you IRS crooks!
  • yes!!!! it doesnt work!!!!
  • Yeah, As they say in New York, "Fugget about it!" After the fiasco I endured last year (filed on Turbo Tax in Jan, asked for check card, then recieved a paper check in March), I have lost faith in the IRS and Treasury, and I AM a Fed! An underFED, FED!
  • It can take up to 21 days.
  • I thought it was just me... :-(
  • I am also having trouble accessing WMR . I filed on 1/30 and checked my status this morning and it said accepted still processing but when I called I spoke to a very nice lady who informed me that although WMR wasn't updated I have a refund date of 2/13. She said maybe the system is updating IDK but I hope this helps
  • barnesn5, when you called did they transfer you to the Accounting department?
  • Where you able to get your transcript? Because that is down also SMH I been accepted since the 30th and filed on the 24th
  • what did you press to get to a rep?
  • i was but just got onto irs 2 go and now have  my direct deposit date of feb12th....i was accepted on the 28th
  • I wasnt able to order transcript yesterday but as of 3 minutes ago I can...but still no DD...hopefully that will come soon!
  • i am in the same boat also, i see on irs.gov they have the form 8863 as being accepted as of 021413 so does this mean that the 21 day starts over again, i sure hope not.
  • I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY AN IRS SUPERVISOR, AS OF 1033AM FEB 8TH TODAY, THAT MY RETURN WAS NEVER RECEIVED- JUST LIKE MANY OTHERS- EVEN THOUGH TT & WMR SHOWS THEM IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND PROCESSED, THE UPPER MGMNT OF THE IRS HAS BEEN IN A MEETING DEALING WITH THIS MAJOR ISSUE SINCE THIS MORNING AND THIS IS WHY THE WMR SITE IS DOWN.

how to call the irs:
    1. dial the 1040 hotline number
    2. select 1 or 2 for language
    3. press # #
    and wait..................

I requested info so that I could processes my FASFA
  • Very useful.......yet interesting!
  • I finally got on wmr but still no dd but no bar either or 21 day wait either this is what it said Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.
Yep, it seems like the webpage is down.... either from too many people logging on, or they're updating the system... 
  • Lets hope its because they are updating! I doubt that is it, but I am thinking positive!
  • me too
  • me too! unable to access web page or the irs2go app
  • i cannot access either or try to order transcripts
  • Yes, I tried to log in when i got into work this morning and it seemed to be working fine. Then I went in to try to request my return transcripts (because I have read if your transcripts are available, then your refund should show a DD date), but that seemed to be down. I just tried to for to WMR and it is giving me a temporary error. I am hoping that there doing a major update and I will finally see a DD date when I am able to get back into WMR.  I filed and was accepted on 1.30.2013.
  • Ditto here...servers not responding. Maybe too much traffic....think they update overnight though
  • can't access it either..too much web traffic..they update from 3 am to 6 am....tax payers are probably checking because they didn't receive their returns this morning and want to know if their dates are posted....
  • It did the same thing the other day and when the system came back up my sister had a DD after the "update" but being that Transcripts and WMR is down I would think it was an update! Fingers Crossed!
  • I can't either. I can't even get the page to pull up so I can put in my information. It would be nice if it was an update b
  • I could get into wmr but not the transcript page
  • And this morning the bar disappeared and said will give DD date when available?
  • Yeppp issues as well.   I agree, lets hope they are UPDATING, for our sake!! :)
  • Yes that would be wonderful ;) I would just like a dd already so I can plan on it one way or another. I always have my refund by the first week in feb ;(
  • here is a site that i use to verify website health:
    http://www.websitedown.info/sa1.www4.irs.gov
  • thanks Rubin....
  • thanks rubin5755 i just checked on your link and it is affermative that the IRS website is down
  • It can take up to 21 days.
i am unable to access the irs gov myself, this is getting on my nerves they need to update as exactly what day they are going to start processing the returns with form 8863, i filed my taxes on 01232 was accepted on012613 and as of last night it is still showning returned received and is in processing will issue refund in 21 days which will end on 021913...
  • same here my 21 days will be up on 02/15. i am still processing with no DD yet.
  • Do any of u have form 8863 attached to yours ?
  • I do , I got accepted 1/24 and now my state will not give me a dd either.
  • My 21 days will be up on the 14th.......not holding my breath....can't even access the WMR site....this is beginning to PISS ME OFF!!!!!!
  • 1/30 and still no DD date
  • Me too
  • Me 3.  TT  should issue me a refund for using their service or lack there of. 48 hours was false advertising
  • Anyone know if anyone has been accepted with the 8863 and got a dd yet?!
  • I'm have been accepted since 1/24 with form 8863 and still no dd yet
  • Accepted 1/24 with 8863, still says 21 day processing message... Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Getting so annoyed, I want my money
  • Me too
  • @gavisashleyfinfr... I got my fees refunded to me yesterday for efiing. Just ask and they seem to be ok with it if you have been waiting for too long for a due date. I files 1/18/accepted1/25 with 8863 forms... still processing
  • @lov, u have edu credits? U call TT or web chat?
  • Yeah well mine never got accepted or anything,....just hung up with IRS who says they rejected because of that form?A?
  • @ purplangel214 ... So when u filed you never got the email saying it was accepted? Of did it say it was until you called? Just wanted to know cus I filed on 1/31 and still waiting for a dd
  • IRS website wont tell me crap and TT says pending STILL, yet it was rejected 1/28.   Im ready to go postal on someone!!
  • Only way i got that it was rejected was by going hysterical on the phone with the IRS which got her to pull it up...
  • O I see.... I'm sorry ..and trust me I feel you... My sons bday is next Friday and I was hoping to take him to Disneyland ( he is turning 3), pay off big bills and maybe just maybe have a nice bit of money to save.... Now I'm like a druggie ...checking my damn refund everyday ..with the same " 21days" stuff coming up...ahhhhh
  • The 21 days does not start until the 30th of Jan no matter what date before then it was submitted, processed or accepted by or to the IRS.  The IRS didn't actually start accepting them until the 30th of Jan with a few exceptions that were the test subjects of all of this new system hoopla that is suppose to be so much better :-(    I completed my taxes on the 23rd and accepted on the 26th and I was told that I could expect mine NLT  Feb 19th.  Mine has been processing since the 30th and I have NO dd or anything.  So annoyed with the IRS.
  • From what I was told the actual date the IRS started accepting everyones papers was Jan.30th. Even though you may have filed your papers prior to that.
  • NO DD. WEBSITE NOT WORKING WTF THIS IS SAD
  • PLEASE EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN DELAYED CALL THE IRS AND TELL THEM YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ERRORS ON YOUR RETURN SO THAT YOU CAN FILL OUT FASFA FOR COLLEGE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY AN IRS SUPERVISOR, AS OF 1033AM FEB 8TH TODAY, THAT MY RETURN WAS NEVER RECEIVED JUST LIKE ?MANY OTHERS- EVEN THOUGH TT & WMR SHOWS THEM IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND PROCESSED, THE UPPER MGMNT OF THE IRS HAS BEEN IN A MEETING DEALING WITH THIS MAJOR ISSUE SINCE THIS MORNING AND THIS IS WHY THE WMR SITE IS DOWN.

HOW TO GET AN IRS REP
    1. CALL 1040 HOTLINE
    2. PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH 2 FOR SPANISH
    3. PRESS # # TWICE AND WAIT (USUALLY 15-30MIN)
  • Tt pretended it was free then changed to me owing $29.00 plus an extra $20.00 for tax.
    So OK then..seems like they would be wanting their money fast.
    Last year same type filing for free.
    When it switched on me...beats me!!! But as desperate as we all are for our own money that they draw interest on..you would think that we would know a date.Shouldn't have to wonder about anything.
  • I am in the same boat but I got both of my state refund (Md and Va) now just waiting on my federal...... this so annoying
PLEASE EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN DELAYED CALL THE IRS AND TELL THEM YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ERRORS ON YOUR RETURN SO THAT YOU CAN FILL OUT FASFA FOR COLLEGE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY AN IRS SUPERVISOR, AS OF 1033AM FEB 8TH TODAY, THAT MY RETURN WAS NEVER RECEIVED JUST LIKE ?MANY OTHERS- EVEN THOUGH TT & WMR SHOWS THEM IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND PROCESSED, THE UPPER MGMNT OF THE IRS HAS BEEN IN A MEETING DEALING WITH THIS MAJOR ISSUE SINCE THIS MORNING AND THIS IS WHY THE WMR SITE IS DOWN.

HOW TO GET AN IRS REP
1. CALL 1040 HOTLINE
2. PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH 2 FOR SPANISH

*****IF POSSIBLE COULD SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT TT PLEASE DISCLOSE THIS TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN DELAYED

• Thanks!
  • Hung up with IRS a bit ago who told me I should have recieved an email from TT stating my return was REJECTEd not delayed due to the education credit stuff thats going on so just spent forever with a moron on TTs help section who said there is no rejection.  I am done!  I realize the delay is not TT fault but they need educated people on there servers.  Most people the WMR page tells them pending or processing allbeit forever says that but mine has never been able to pull up at all due to the REJECTION that TT denies yet I got the date straight from the IRS when it was rejected.  This company is a JOKE.  I dont know what is going to happen to my taxes now!
  • I'm so sorry purplange ;(
  • IRS was absolutely useless. spoke about fasfa need and everything. Lady kept repeating she will not access the account until after 21 days.  Wouldn't even look at my account. My response after several attempts to discuss,  "Well, i guess the other guy must have talked to someone who's more helpful, thank you for your time"  haha then the rep hung up on me!?!? You must have had a magic touch to get them to disclose you your info.
  • Talk about rubbing salt in the wound! Hey Rubin,thank you...so on the WMR site it had your return as "received" and processing? And your 2012 info including refund amount? If so how could the IRS say they hadn't received it? The refund amount could only be displayed if the IRS had gotten the return and put that number on the WMR page right?
Yes its down I tried to get on  minute ago.....
try the 1800 #  : 1 800 829 1954 it worked for me just now and it updated!! I was accepted 2-4-13 and got a dd of Feb 12 as of this AM!! :) :)
  • Had you checked earlier this morning or was this the first time you checked today?
  • I'm happy for you ;) mine still says wait 21 days BOOOOO
  • Do you have form 8863 ?
  • Did u have any credit for school?!
  • I called and it told me the same thing the web site did yesterday. My refund has been accepted but still processing. My acceptance date was 1/26/13 :( and I still have no DD!!!
  • I had been trying fit two hours this morning online and the app.  I originally had education credits, but was very upset that they made that change as myself and children are about to be homeless and i need the money so i filed with another service and left out the 8863 got accepted within two minutes of filing.  Left me300 short but it's unimportant at this point.
  • That's a lie if they are updating the web site that means the phone line is not right either
  • This so sucks for us form 8863 people. Once a year is the only time I get a two day vacation with my hubby for v-day and my birthday Is the 14 th ugh ... Lets just pray for each other. I feel like we are being  Punished for going to school
  • Its easier to see Americans as statistics and not people
  • How in the world did you get a date a week after mine was accepted? This process SUCKS!
  • Did u have form 8863 ? Dedavis88
  • Everyone around me has got their money or a dd but me. I wish i would have left out form 8863
  • Wow.  How bout u try it before u run your mouth.  I call that number and check the website fifty times a day, the systems as of about 25 min and ago was approved and dd.  Stop being so hateful.
  • No.
  • I hope u get your refund soon ;) or at least a dd
  • 1 800 829 1954 is not working
  • the phone line is working btw
  • Try 1 800 829 1040. Press 1 and then 0 until it transfers you to a person. I had to hold for about 30 minutes, but I finally was connected to an actual person and she gave me a DD of 2/13. I filed and was accepted 2/2.
  • Just called hotline... Still same received and process 21 day message
  • I cannot even get a person that will look up my information.
  • Me either hhmm702... I've just about given up
  • The hotline told ,e the same crap.... Still 21 days.... Has anyone called and talked to someone and gotten a dd date even when the system says different ?
  • Did u have from 8863 christyc78 ?
  • Education credit?! And accepted?!
  • Please please say it was with the education form??
  • did u have education credit Christy
  • No, I didn't.
http://www.websitedown.info/sa1.www4.irs.gov stated that the IRS website is currently unavailable and down for everybody (not just you)  website is temperarly down
    Filed on 02/01/13 and return was deposited today in account.  State has not responded at all, not surprised though.  When they are making deposit the site has a tendancy to be unstable.  It should be up and running this afternoon if the storm back east does not create to many problems for them.  Hope you see something soon. 
    • With American opportunity credits?!
    Yes, it goes all the way to where you input your info then page says web page unavailable :(
    • I'm having the same issues . This issue with the IRS is giving me a headache !!
    just tried to
    • i can access the WMR if im patient says it was recievied 1/31 but not approved yet
    • me too, its down 1-800 number....then it just hung up!
    I m try today  and  for  some reason its not working .
    • yup i got nothing but cant load webpage
    Yes, I am also having trouble with IRS WMR...
    yes. I am. This is crazy but not unexpected. FRUSTRATING YES
      Oooooo thank goodness I thought it was just me ... The irs2go app says it can't accesss my infor and wheresmy refund won't load at all..... I called the hotline and said I was still stuck at the same point accepted and processing ....booooo I flied on 1/31...I hope they are updateing...I would love to have a DD... I have no education credits soooo...I don't know why I'm stuck in processing hell !
        When will I get my return
          No problem with federal but cannot access state, NC
          • I can access nc state wheres my refund although it still says processing. I just want a date for something. A date to look forward too.
          yep can't get the tool to load must be down or maybe there updating keepin fingers crossed
            This is just a guess ..but of the website is down ... Then and hopefully updating... Then the information on the hotline must not be right....my question is has anyone called the hotline and gotten the same old "  within 21 days " message and then called and talked to someone right after and gotten a DD? If so then it proves my point .... All the automated systems are down not just the web and app but the phone line too....
            • YES!!!!!!! I was finally able to get a transcript sooo that mean i should be getting a DDD soon. right?
            • Maybe I should try and order my trans .... Is the system back up?
            • I called the irs and im still in first stages of there stupid 3 step bar i filed on 1/30 i filed a 1099 i filed online with h&r the lady i spoke to said there was no problems with my return just give it the 21 days and if i dont hear anything by then to call back this is so aggregating
            • Sorry cant spell so mad aggravating
            I tried accessing also and the system was down so i called the netspend number and they said that i had an available balance for my refund on the card but my card still has not arrived in the mail yet so it still in not benefitting me
            • Anyone have the education credit and get their refund?!
            • congrads did you file with the 8863 form and gettingthe american opportunity credit
            • no not yet as of 10 minutes ago no dd and no transcripts yet
            Per "form 8863 irs update" forum. User posted this which appears be how preparers get communications from irs

Subject: Extended Sunday Maintenance Build Window for the Modernized e-File (MeF) Assurance Testing System (ATS) and the Production System
            The 2/10/13 Sunday build window has been extended from 1:00 am until 9:00 am, Eastern.  The extended build window is needed to implement system enhancements impacting the filing season.  Please refrain from sending any service request during this time.
            We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for refraining from accessing the MeF ATS and Production environments during this period.
            • Everything for me is back running but, still no dd ... The app for iPhone does look different so maybe they are starting to process 8863 now ...
            Just got this quick alert from the IRS

Subject: Ability to e-file Tax Returns Containing Form 4562 and/or Form 8863

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013, the IRS will start processing Tax Year 2012 returns that contain Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization. After completing the 9:00 am, Eastern maintenance build window, the various business rules used to reject returns with Form 4562 attached will be disabled. That includes the Form 1040-family tax returns, Form 1065/1065-B, Form 1120-family tax returns and Form 990-family tax returns.

On Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, the IRS plans to start processing Tax Year 2012 returns that contain Form 8863, Education Credits.

Back to Top

Thank you for subscribing to QuickAlerts for Tax Professionals, an IRS e-mail service.

If you have an idea or a question related to QuickAlerts you can contact us by e-mail. Submissions which are not related to QuickAlerts will not be processed. If you have tax related questions you should pursue normal customer service channels provided on the IRS.gov Website.

If you know someone who might want to subscribe to this mailing list, please forward this message to them so they can subscribe.

This message was distributed automatically. Please Do Not Reply To This Message.
            Try using the IRS2Go app for android.  They probably have one for iPhone to.  I use the android app and it works well and shows me my return status a LOT faster than the website.
              It's up again, however, it wasn't down to be updated....lol...my information is still pending...I am wondering if I should just work out our taxes so that what we would get back at the end of the year just doesn't come out of our paychecks....I am about sick of the IRS...I'm tired of them getting their funds asap but when it comes to ours, please wait...we are having technical difficulties..sigh..
                Has anyone been told they are in error resolutions dept? I called to get fafsa info and they advised me they don't know why, it could be 8863 delay, mathematical error. Wtf
                • I called irs about an hour ago and he told me that the 21 daya start over from feb 14  he verified that my return was recvd but that it.
                  So i am trying to figure out how.they would have known about the form 8863 if they did not start processing it.
                • was able to get in still getting processing 21 days out and i was able to order my transcripts hopefully that meand i should get a dd soon
                I am currently on the phone with the irs now and got a WONDERFUL lady and  she let me get what was on my chest off and now she is currently taking a look at whats wrong with my account, I told her that the website isnt updating for me nor is the website, she placed me on hold.....im still on hold.........1 1/2 mins still on hold......3 mins on holdd....getting antsy.......nervous........nice hold music.......my return is on hold cause we owe a balance from 2010 and she states that after 3 weeks the hold will be removed and then we have to wait 3 more weeks for them to release our money.....plus where my husband was primary one year cause he made more and this year i am primary cause i made more that held my refund up...so right now we are waiting for the hold to be removed which takes 3 weeks and then after the hold for our money to be released begins on the 25th of feb and we are looking to get our refund around the 2nd week of march.  so some of you guys may want to look into making sure there is no balances that you owe that you arent aware of.  hope this helps anyone out there thats going through what we are going through now.
                  Hello all! I just wanted to give you all some information that you may not be aware of. The IRS only sends the refunds for processing by your banking facilities on Fridays. I used to work at a credit union and was told this. I hope it helps everyone!
                  • good info thanks
                  • Incorrect.
                  • Not this year that is how it used to be , When they were on the old system
                  • Every day but Sunday starting this year
                  • That's what I was told also , everyday but, Sunday !!! Who knows any more ;(
                  • Yup have had people get their refund on different days so far I am the only one that got it on a Friday.
                  • My daughters was federal deposited on a Wednesday 2/6/13 with BOA and the state was deposited on 2/5/13 Tuesday.
                  • True....at least m-f this year...and good to know sat also. Although considering I was accepted 1/30...no Ed. Credits...and no dd date as of 2/8 at noon. Sucks big time.
                  • That was last year... this year they are making deposits throughout the week but Sundays ... and that is coming from the IRS .
                  • That was last year ... this year it is throughout the week excluding Sunday , and that's coming straight from the IRS.