will i still be receiving my ny state tax refund? soc.#

my Turbo tax was filed on Jan. 15 2013 . i received my fed tax. why havent i received my state refund?  is there something wrong?
  • Ummm his social is listed. Is anyone going to delete that???
  • Already did
  • I saw that. I was scared for him lol
  • Volvogirl - I  see that you post a lot of answers to tax questions.  There are a lot of people getting message about their New York State returns needing further review.  I e-filed on 1/31 and my federal was accepted the same day.  I already have a DD date for my federal of 2/8.

On 2/4/13 I checked the NY State refund site and I got the message that  my return was received and needed further review.  It could take up to 60 days to complete.  "IF" I receive correspondence to respond as soon as possible.  As of 2/7 I haven't received any correspondence.  My message hasn't changed.  Do you think that this 60 day message mean that I am going to be audited?

Does the state usually let you know about an audit right away or do they take the 60 days and then let me know that I am being audited?

A lot of people are getting messages about further review but their message mentions 4 to 6 weeks - nothing about correspondence.  It appears the people that got these messages are the ones that e-filed early.  There are some people posting now that they received a DD date of 2/14, but they didn't get a message about further review.

Can you give me any info what you think this might be so I know what I could expect.  This has never happened to me before.  I didn't have EIC or childcare credits.
  • Sorry I don't know about NY or about processing returns.  I just know how and where o enter the info into Turbo Tax and some standard answers like how much is the standard deduction or EIC, etc.
Returns can take up to 30 days to process, so there's no reason to be concerned.

Have you check the status of your return.  Below is the website for NY.

https://www8.tax.ny.gov/PRIS/prisStart
    Did you receive a message about your return needing extra review?