How do I change my refund method from direct deposit to paper check

My bank closed my checking account, I need to change the method from direct deposit into the account to recieveing a paper check in the mail. Can anyone help?!?!
  • i want to change my method from direct deposit to paper check
  • I want to change my refund to a paper check
It will not hit your closed bank account 30 days after the acct. is closed (estimated). If you are in overdraft your bank can possibly accept the refund, but this is not likely. The IRS will get your refund back and issue you a paper check automatically. No need to call them for a few weeks. By then you will have the check or it will be on its way. Since you did e-file you will get yout paper check rather quickly. I have gotten paper checks from US DEPT OF TREASURY.
  • But what if your bank has put a lock on your account preventing you from making any cash withdrawls. That is what my bank is doing. Once my tax refund check is direct deposit into my savings account I will not be able to make any cash withdrawls because my bank is holding my money making me pay on a old car loan from 7 years ago.
I had the same issue,  I called IRS and spoke with a gentleman who fixed it for me.  He asked if I had been accepted or not (I had), and verified my info, then said he noted my return to send a check in the mail.  Of course,  that was on the 30th and I am wondering if that is causing my refund to still be processing,  or if somehow that set me back a few weeks,
I am getting nervous HAHA
If you already filed it is too late to change it unless it is rejected.  Otherwise To get back to the screen Direct Deposit, click on the File Tab and continue through the screens until you see the option for "How Do You Want Your Federal Refund?"  If you said to pay the fees out of your refund then you can only use Direct Deposit.

I filed for my son and had it direct deposit on my account, not thinking names dont match rejected it sent it back IRS on Feb 13 still nothing!! But what happens if turbo tax was taking fees out direct deposit ? Do they get my refund first?? Help