My refund still says "pending" and I did my taxes on the 30th (5 business days ago). It says it should only stay there for 48 hours. Is anyone having this issue?

• I'm also experiencing this and it's actually the 8th now...
  • me too ---why??????
  • Just saw this, the answer I've been looking for! --  https://ttlc.intuit.com/announcements/1633748
  • I AM ONE PISSED OFF TAX PAYER MY RETURN WAS ACCEPTED ON 2/2 SIMPLE NO SCHOOL FORMS NEEDED AND IRS.GOV SAYS REFUND RECIEVED WITH WITH DUE NO DUE DATE IT HASNT UPDATED. IT DOESNT SAY REFUND APPROVED OR REFUND SENT  !! I CALLED IRS WAITED 45 MINS TO SPEAK TO SOME FINALLY GOT SOME ONE HE SAYS I WILL HAVE IT ON 2/13 ... SO I CALLED BACK TO MAKE SURE AND SHE TELLS ME THAT THATS NOT TRUE AND I HAVE NO DUE DATE AS OF YET OMG WHAT THE PROBLEM!!!!???
  • Thank you very much for sharing !!!
  • Sorry, that was to Ellyn Welker - I do have a depreciation form from  a rental property.
  • You're welcome :)
  • DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHATS GOING ON ?? UGH
  • call the HOLDS dept and be super sweet and you will get answers.. if you say that you can't get any info on the WMR website and you feel something isn't right and maybe there is a hold they will start looking it up.. that number is 1-866-897-3315.  I just got off the phone with them ten minutes ago.  MINE IS ON HOLD because I didn't have to file taxes last year and I didn't get married until this year.. they thought I was pulling one over on them.. lol.  I was claimed as a dependant 2011 and 2012 I am married to the one who claimed me as a dependant the previous year.  It was more of a safe guard than anything but man it took three reps later to tell me that.

Oh and mine won't be released for 2 to 3 weeks from now they had to put a release code on it.  And if anyone has education credits it wouldn't do any good to call in because they won't know anything until they process it.

If you was able to order your return transcript at least 2 to 3 days ago and don't have a DDD then you should call. If you just ordered your transcript yesterday then I would wait for the WMR to update  :)  This department is VERY VERY POLITE!!!
  • dcpsap2012 I JUST CALLED THE IRS THEY ARE CLOSED AT  7PM EST I CANT GET ANT ANSWERS FROM THEM IAM UNABLE TO ORDER A TRANSCRIPT.. ONE PERSON TELLS ME THE 13TH THE OTHER PERSON TELLS ME I  HAVE NO DUE DATE
  • Ashley, you'll get it when you get it.  If its a simple return, then it'll probably be 2 weeks.
  • Well I didn't even call the HOLDS department until 7:30 pm and they answered I spoke to rep 1000180xxx, a male in the HOLDS department.  He is very helpful and kind and gave me all my answers.
  • My return was accepted 01/28 and  it wasn't  processed until the 4th because of the amount of returns at the irs , the wmr doesn't show a date for me but when I called the irs this morning the rep gave me a date of 02/13. Hope this helps.
  • Filed mine one week ago and have not heard anything back.....so much for 24 to 48 hours.
  • me too i got 2/13 when i doubled checked the other rep said that was false i have no due date i only have one orange bar filled on the irs website
  • debchickey on the irs website how full is your orange bar?
  • Thank you so much!!
  • The wmr is showing 21 days for me.  But the rep said 02/13 and that my refund didnt get accepted til 02/04 although turbo tax said 01/28. So there is some kind of delay for some folks. Best regards.
  • My orange bar is stuck on acceptance only
  • I had an orange bar after my return was accepted on the 31st but as of 2 days ago I'm only receiving a message stating that my return is being processed. Anyone know what this means?
  • I can only guess that the irs just started to process your return because I got accepted  on 01/28 and they didnt start to process mine to 02-04.  I guess maybe your were in limbo and they are processing your return now dont know for sure .
  • if you can order a return transcript for 2012 does it mean everything went ok?
  • Dont know for sure but alot of people are saying when there able to order transcript the next day or two they get a dd date on the wmr. I would just call 1-800-829-0582 x362 and ask a live rep. you will feel better knowing exactly whats going on I did.
  • thank you so much! my federal was accepted on 2/6 my state is still pending as of yesterday i couldn't order my 2012 return transcript now  i  can.
  • I was able to order my transcript Tuesday night around 10 pm...  HOWEVER, I just found out tonight (Friday) that there is a Hold on my refund regardless of ordering that return transcript they did not give a refund date and won't.  So If you get a DDD soon within two business days I would say your good to go...  On the third day I would call the HOLDS dept with the IRS and ask if there is a hold.
I'm having the exact same issue, I really wish this would be addressed, even if just to say this is normal for this year and let us know how long it's really going to take.
  • Yeah i just checked mine, says accepted but on irs site say recieved dosent say approved or sent on irs page, but on turbo tax says it was accepted? and i was accepted on jan 31st??? according to turbo tax and i called them said everything looks good and now i need to maybe call the irs?
  • yeah that guy told mefrom the irs the 13th i double checked the other lady said he lied to me she was rude
I DON'T HAVE ANY  DEPRRESIATION ON MY RETURN,BUT THATS THE REASON I GOT I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER A WEEK NOW WHO KNOWS WHATS GOING ON ARE THEY GOING TO PAY US INTEREST, LIKE THEY CHARGE US IF WE ARE LATE?
  • got a acceptance date of 01/28 called the irs today and got a dd date of 02/13. They told me there was so many returns they were unable to process my return until 02/04. The wmr is saying 21 days for me to. I hope this helps
I AM ONE PISSED OFF TAX PAYER MY RETURN WAS ACCEPTED ON 2/2 SIMPLE NO SCHOOL FORMS NEEDED AND IRS.GOV SAYS REFUND RECIEVED  NO DUE DATE IT HASNT UPDATED. IT DOESNT SAY REFUND APPROVED OR REFUND SENT  !! I CALLED IRS WAITED 45 MINS TO SPEAK TO SOME FINALLY GOT SOME ONE HE SAYS I WILL HAVE IT ON 2/13 ... SO I CALLED BACK TO MAKE SURE AND SHE TELLS ME THAT THATS NOT TRUE AND I HAVE NO DUE DATE AS OF YET OMG WHAT THE PROBLEM!!!!???
  • same here? like i was acceptd on the 31st? according to turbo tax so i called them said everything looks good. and maybe i shoudl call the irs like wtf?
  • I did my taxes on 01/26/2013 and my federal still says pending, wth? the state said it was accepted...When will it be excepted? This is crazy, Im starting to hear of people getting their taxes back already, and I did mine on turbotax on 01/26/2013...I want my refunds
I am having the same issue and seem to not be able to find an answer either...
Yeah i just checked mine, says accepted but on irs site say recieved dosent say approved or sent on irs page, but on turbo tax says it was accepted? and i was accepted on jan 31st??? according to turbo tax and i called them said everything looks good? So like wtf so i need to call or irs or is this happeneing to everyone?
  • I bet the IRS did not get your return until February fourth just like everybody else they filed on the 31st
  • maybe but like on turbo tax said accepted the next day
  • its so upseting that the  irs cant give me straight answers ugh@!
  • agreed
  • what does it mean when you can order your refund 2012 return transcript
  • I filed on the 31st as well and the IRS told me that my tax return was not accepted until feb 4th. So if this is possible when should we expect a refund? The software or cmpainies that we are using are lying to us. They send us the email that says we were accepted but the irs has the actual date when they accepted the return so you have to go with thier date. Not the email from the e file provider.
  • where do i get the irs date??
  • When the irs says it's accepted that means they didn't reject it because of wrong numbers, ssn's, names , ssn numbers already used in fling for this tax season etc..  processing means it's in the system and it's getting looked over..if they don't see anything wrong.. they will approve a refund.. then it will go up for refund sent.... they can accept a return one day and not do anything with it for several depending on the load that they have which depending on how the rep is looking at it they will either say they got it on the 24th in Q or they got it on the 30th for process....  The IRS accepted mine on the 24th verified tonight with IRS holds dept.  The IRS started processing mine on the 30th with hundreds of thousands of others then when they were finished with it "they found reason to put a hold on it"  per the holds dept.  It was an error in their system but regardless it was flagged and sent off the the "holds' dept.  My hold didn't get over there from processing until Tuesday at the close of business (they started processing mine on the 30th) if that tells you how far they were behind on processing. Keep in mind during all this madness I was attempting over and over again to order my return transcript.. which did happenTuesday night at 10 pm, just after they were finished with it in regular processing.  If a rep doesn't look deep enough into the Q, and only look for processing yeah they will probably tell you they don't have it.. when in fact they most likely do.  There is going to be sooooo many people having to amend their returns because of a whacky system this year and it's sad and very frustrating for everyone that is getting basically well I won't say the word I am thinking~ lol.  But anyway...  I suggest if you filed before Feb 1st to give IRS holds dept a call because there is no reason those shouldn't be finished UNLESS you have the education credits or others on the list of hold ups.  I had no idea there was a hold on mine I got the number from another site and said "I think there is something wrong with my return because WMR what tell me anything and I was accepted way back on the 24th with a simple return".  He asked for all the info and wham!  Info I needed !  They put the release code on it and now it's wait for the refund all over again.. lol.