why is my refund still processing and pending when it was accepted early on the 24th of January

I have the same issue. Made the me nervous because last it says I entered the wrong info when i checked the WMR but called the 800 number and it says it was received and still in process. Checked back this morning on WMR and the Refund Status Result is back and orange line is still on Received..... Still waiting. Please let me know asap if you have any update on yours.
      Our return was accepted to the 24th as well and had been on processing status since on both website and 800 number. I finally got to talk to a person from the IRS 800 # after being on hold for 45 minutes. The gentleman said that everything looked good on his end and he said the projected DD was 2/11/2013. I had checked last night on both 800 number and Wheres my refund on irs.gov and it still says processing. I am crossing all fingers irs is just backed up with processing returns and are having issues with updating statues.
      • PLEASE EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN DELAYED CALL THE IRS AND TELL THEM YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ERRORS ON YOUR RETURN SO THAT YOU CAN FILL OUT FASFA FOR COLLEGE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY AN IRS SUPERVISOR, AS OF 1033AM FEB 8TH TODAY, THAT MY RETURN WAS NEVER RECEIVED JUST LIKE MANY OTHERS- EVEN THOUGH TT & WMR SHOWS THEM IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND PROCESSED, THE UPPER MGMNT OF THE IRS HAS BEEN IN A MEETING DEALING WITH THIS MAJOR ISSUE SINCE THIS MORNING AND THIS IS WHY THE WMR SITE IS DOWN.

HOW TO GET AN IRS REP
        1. CALL 1040 HOTLINE
        2. PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH 2 FOR SPANISH
        3. PRESS # # TWICE AND WAIT (USUALLY 15-30MIN)

*****IF POSSIBLE COULD SOMEONE WHO WORKS AT TT PLEASE DISCLOSE THIS TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN DELAYED
      • What is the 1040 hotline