MN state return/8863 issues?

Like several other lucky individuals, I filed a form 8863 on the 26th (before I knew about the delay) and TT claims my federal return is still "pending."  Which sucks! But I get it.

However, TT says that my state return (Minnesota) was accepted on the 31st- this after my state return was rejected due to their "glitch" and I had to re-send. The MN "where's my refund" site has no info about my return, and the whole thing is just sort of weird since I've traditionally had my state refund back in about 2-3 days OR their website has had info for me within 48 hours. I'm willing to be patient (sort of, ha!), but I'm wondering if MN will even process my return if the federal return hasn't been processed yet, and I can't find anything on the forum about it. 

Google has been pretty unhelpful re: whether or not MN will process state returns without federal, and TT just says we need to check with our individual states. Which I would do, if the state website had any info or anyone at the MDOR would, um, answer a phone. :(

Anyone else in MN with the 8863 issue?
    Not sure if this has anything at all to do with the 8863 delay, but there is a similar topic on the MN returns pending...this is what I saw on the board I have been watching......
    http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/Pages/Electronically_Filing_Your_Tax_Return.aspx
    • Interesting, thank you! I'm hoping that's all it is and not something 8863-related.
    • i had talked to turbo tax and MDOR, and the IRS has to accept the returns first in oreder to get them to process MN refunds. So MDOR is delayed because they are waiting on the IRS
    ETA: As of this morning, the MNDOR website has record of my refund, says it's processing, and projects a finish date of 3/5/13. I hope it comes much sooner than that, but we will see!