TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Why is my E-Filed Arizona return still pending? Should I mail it to them?

I e-filed both my Fed and State returns w/TT on 1/30. My Fed return was accepted same day, has been approved and the IRS says I should expect my refund on 2/7. However, my state return is still in "Pending" status. Is this normal? I have filed my taxes every year w/TT for the last 7 years and this has never happened. I normally get the notification that both e-filings have been accepted same day, within a few hours of each other. I originally e-filed my Fed return on 1/24, but was prompted by TT to mail my AZ State return because Arizona was not allowing e-file at that time. I hadn't mailed it yet when I received an email from TT on 1/30 telling me my Fed return was rejected because I typed my son's SSN incorrectly. We corrected it and e-filed again. This time they prompted me to e-file my state return as well... Should I mail the return to them? or will this confuse them because of the e-file?
    I was in the same boat having e-filed on 1/26. I just got off the phone with someone at the Arizona Department of Revenue, and she said my return had actually been accepted and processed by them on February 1 and my refund should arrive in 10-15 business days. She said sometimes they receive it and the software doesn't update properly. She also mentioned that some people were not getting their returns properly e-filed because they had not updated their software correctly prior to e-filing. I recommend calling them directly to determine if your return has been received. It was a 22 minute wait to talk to someone for me, but I'm glad just to know what's going on.
    • Thank you very much! I will give them a call.

Similar questions other people found helpful: