Where do I enter my 6-Digit Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN)?
1.Sign in to TurboTax Online or open your return in the software version.
2.Click the Federal Taxes tab (or Personal in the Home & Business version) and then choose Other Tax Situations.
3.In the Other Return Info section, click the Start or Update button to the right of Identity Protection PIN.
4.On the next screen, select Yes and follow the on-screen instructions.
Turbo tax is easy to use but for first time tax payers it sometimes rejects the taxes because of the pin no one who is a first time tax refundee. it was confusing at first but turbo tax walks you through the rejection. Make sure to get your pin from the IRS website before hand so you have it readily available to use.
may be this will help.
The quickest and easiest fix is to enter your IRS e-filing PIN:
1.Go to the IRS PIN request website or call the automated IRS number 1-866-704-7388 to obtain a new e-filing PIN
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.