didnt file taxes 2011 how do i get a pin

• I didnt file taxes for 2011. How do I do that and still file for 2012?
  • I have spoken to 6 different people at the IRS and 2 different people at TurboTax and here is what you have to do IF YOU DID NOT FILE INCOME TAXES IN 2011. The short version is if you did not file Income Taxes with the IRS in 2011, you cannot electronically file this year because you cannot get a PIN, you will not have an AGI and you will not have a filing status.  To fix this problem, here is what you have to do.  You go back into TurboTax and CHANGE your filing status from electronic to MANUAL MAIL IN and print out your taxes so you can manually send your taxes in.  Next, you will have to do as I did and mail your taxes in to the IRS by United States Postal Service. Then you call TurboTax and tell them you want a refund of your money for the TurboTax program because they screwed us by not disclosing that you cannot electronically file this year if you did not file last year.  TurboTax is going to give you a line about you still need their program to do your taxes.  Just tell them you could do your taxes on your own without TurboTax and that you only bought the program to electronically file and that you want your money back.  By this time you should already have MAILED your Taxes in and are waiting the 6 weeks to get your refund like me.
  • Thanx Bro.Fuck Turbontax
  • I don't think this is true. there has to be a way to do it on here, other wise other first time filers would not have been able to e-file.
  • I STARTED A RETURN ON TURBO TAX LAST YEAR FOR FILING MY 2011 TAXES.  I NEVER SENT IT AND I AM WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY TO PULL IT UP.  wHEN I FIRST SIGNED ON THIS YEAR IT HAD THE AMOUNTS THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FROM FEDERAL AND STATE POP UP.  IS THERE A WAY THAT I CAN PULL THAT UP AND FILE MY RETURN.  I WAS GETTING A SMALL REFUND FROM BOTH.
  • what is the phone number
  • there is..I just completed mine finally and it was accepted. when they ask if you filed last year say no. then in the AGI box put 0. and continue then when it ask for a pin pick 5 numbers your choice type in that box and continue. this should do it.
  • i tried that and it was still rejected  any other thoughts?
FreemanAlexa702
Try this c/p from Irs Q & a

If I didn't file a tax return last year, can I still e-file my tax return this year?

Yes. You can still e-file your tax return even if you didn't file a tax return last year. The OLT online tax software, on the Self-Select Pin page, will ask you your Last Year Adjusted Gross Income for the IRS authentication purpose. If you didn't file last year, then enter 0 as your Last Year Adjusted Gross Income.

but leave blank the section for prior year PIN.

• I am on Social Security Disablity (SSD), so I did not file taxes for the past 11 years because if you only get SSD you do not have to pay taxes.  Now I have remarried and am filing Married Joint. On the form I put in for my AGI as $0 but it still wants to know my filing status for last year and I did not file last year. Technically, I DO NOT HAVE an adjusted gross income (AGI) for last year or a filing status.This answer is WRONG and it does not work if you did not file a income tax last year.
  • The answer is a copy and paste from the IRS Q & A  site so it is correct . The link below and you can do your own research.
    link
    http://www.irs.gov/

You may have something else  hindering your efile since you have not filed in 11 years so why not join ME and millions of other that  print and mail our returns in.

That way you will get a jump on next year efile and have all the needed necessary information to enjoy efileing  

good luck and congratulation
  • Totally agree, using o in the last yrs AGI is not working, still getting rejected stating needing a pin.
lectronic Filing PIN Request

The quickest and easiest fix is to enter your IRS e-filing PIN:
 1.Go to the IRS PIN request website or call the automated IRS number 1-866-704-7388 to obtain a new e-filing PIN
  • The answer doesn't say how to e-file if you didn't file a return last year.
  • ok i called i need to enter agi  # 0
  • DID'NT HAVE A RETURN  LAST YEAR
  • I enter agi # 0 and still being rejected
  • there is..I just completed mine finally and it was accepted. when they ask if you filed last year say no. then in the AGI box put 0. and continue then when it ask for a pin pick 5 numbers your choice type in that box and continue. this should do it
No taxes were filed last year this is a student working a part time job. I should not get a pin for this.
    didnt file taxes 2011 but my return is being rejected.. keeps asking for a pin
    IF I HAVENT FILED 2011 TAXES YET HOW DO I DO THAT AND THEN THE 2012 WHICH I HAVE ALREADY STARTED?
    Is your pin on last year tax papers 
    • Well If you didn't file taxes in 2011 looks like your gonna have to wait that long 8 weeks for your refund, because you can not retrieve a new pin unless you filed your 2011 taxes! I myself had to mail my taxes because I didn't file last year... I sat on hold for 45 minutes before reaching someone from IRS just to tell me I had to mail my return in... I'm so fustrated!
    • I didn't file last year and mine went through....just put 0 in the AGI and choose 5 numbers for your pin. I already got my refund only took 1 week.