still processing?????

I filled on the 30th  and the WMR says that its still processing is anyone else having this problem and its a simple return
  • I'm filing and its stuck on processing, and Ive already paid...I cant get a number for Turbo Tax..Can anyone help?
I FINALLY GOT SOME ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I called and called and called and finally got through just to wait on hold for over 20 minutes. But then I spoke to a really nice lady who told me some much needed info.

She said that NO ONE who was accepted early was actually processed early, so those of us who thought we would get our DD early because we were part of the test batch were very wrong. She said that EVERYONE who's return was ACCEPTED on or before 1/30 should have a DD date of 2/20 or earlier.

I told her that I was part of the group that had their returns held for processing until the 14th because of the education credit, and she told me that they go based on the date of ACCEPTANCE, so everyone's date of acceptance will be AT LEAST the 30th. NO EARLIER.

SO she said they have up to 21 days to release the refunds from the day of ACCEPTANCE, and everyone who was ACCEPTED on or BEFORE 1/30 is considered accepted on the 30th and has an estimated DD date of 2/20. She said the best thing to do is to just add 21 days to the date your return was accepted and that is your projected DD date. She said it could always come sooner, but that should be the latest it would get there.

She also said that the WMR site is so overwhelmed with everyone checking it multiple times a day, and calling constantly, that it has actually crashed a few times. She told me the site gets updated ONCE A DAY overnight (between 3am-6am EST) so as long as you check it AFTER 6am EST you will have the most updated info and there is NO NEED to continue to check it. It will only be updated that ONE TIME per day.

She also told me they are doing DD every day and that the DD happen at 2pm EST and at midnight EST. She said those are the ONLY 2 times that DD go out.

That's all I know for now. She told me mine is still processing, so no news on that front. But at least I have a date to start looking for now. She said if I don't get my money on the 20th, THEN I can call and find out what the hold up is. SO now I can patiently wait. I know what to check and when to check it, so now I feel better. :)
  • I usually check the WMR page in the morning when I wake up everyday. Well I re-checked mine, for the 2nd time today just now, because I heard it was better to check at night. I entered all the information correctly, and did it twice just to make sure if it was right what I was seeing... My orange bar completely disappeared, and doesnt even have the note about processing, or to be given a dd date when avaliable. My wmr page says:

We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:
    verify your filing date;
    check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
    verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail.

If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. Processing may take longer under certain circumstances.

WTF? It has not changed once since the 31st, and now I see this. anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I filed on the 25th, went to my return to make sure, and my acceptance email was on the 28th. Since the 31st I saw the orange bar, with the generic status about recieving your refund in 21 days after the irs recieves your return.
  • gosh that hasnt happened to me yet but i also filed 1/31 so i may also get that too, who knows!! the way things are going. could it be they are so busy its kinda going crazy? try again tomorrow early after 6am. i am scared to even check mine anymore because it causes me so much stress just to see it sitting in processing for so long or for fear of getting a message like that any moment too.
  • as of this date mine still says still processing
I am not sure if the IRS is doing the same as previous years but if your return was accepted after 11 am it would be considered the next day. Which if that is the case for you it would be 31st. So maybe you will see a date tomorrow since I have been reading that  people that got accepted on 30th just got DD on last WMR update a few hours ago. But please remember that some are saying there's are still "processing" too that we're accepted before you.  I personally think the "New" system is a bit flawed and confusing for most. Hopefully we will all get DD soon.  :-/
    NOBODY panik. You are within the 7-8 calendar day PROCESSING presently. That is an average. Thus, some people without schedule C, or itemized deductions will naturally just go through the fraud checks rountinely then process normally and get processed faster on average than those with more complicated returns. Refund amounts have nothing to do with it. ONLY OFFSETS (meaning if you owe the IRS money ) then that will delay it by on average a week as a paper check in most cases must be cut after the offset is taken from the refund owed to you. Paper checks on all old cycle charts always are a week later than a normal DD for the same return.WORST CASE SENARIO JUST DO NOT COUNT any of the calendar days prior to the 30th. The IRS may have received your return prior but they had it posted prior to the public that WWR would NOT OPEN until the 30th as that is the date they WOULD BEGIN PROCESSING REFUNDS>
    • I filed my taxes on jan 29th and the federal was accepted on jan 30th and my state was accepted on feb 1st.... Everytime I go onto the IRS2GO app it says that its being processed but if I check later on the IRS website it says that I may have entered my information incorrectly and to re-enter or enter in additional information, however I know that the information that I'm entering is correct. I also call the 800# and its saying in process.... I still don't have a deposit date. Do anyone knows whats going on??????? IS THIS NORMAL?
    • garret,
      I filed with turbo tax...my state was initially rejected because I entered a number incorrectly, I fixed the problem through turbo tax and refilled on 1/31. When I go to the turbo tax website it still says pending...I haven't heard anything from IRS or anyone else. Turbo Tax states that I should receive a "rejected" or "accepted" status in no more than 48 hrs, but it has been a week and Turbo Tax still says pending???
    • It can take longer on your state than the 48 hours posted to go from pending to accepted or rejected site. My state took 5 days longer than the Federal...
    • Ive been processing since the 24 th thats a whole lot longer then 8 days
    • it is from 1/30 the date the IRS publically stated and posted that is the first date they would begin processing refunds. That means eventhough you may have completed taxes prior or been accepted prior they do not start counting the 21 days until the day afyer he 30th FROM the date you were accepted) and that is also a benchmark too. so do NOT panik most people are still just processing unless you have received a message and a code to contact the IRS on WMR then everything is fine you are just in the backlog of processed and processing returns because so many people filed on the 30th thats all it is. Also the 7-8 processing days is ONLY BUSINESS DAYS and is also an average. Zanders, yours would be the 31st, 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th as COUNTABLE BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE 30TH...(so just now 7 business days for you also)
    • read my post i left for you I hope it gives you some peace (:
    Filed the 19th. Accepted 25th. Yeah. Others are having that problem...lmao...you just filed 4 days ago.  And its the weekend.  Be patient. Im sure youll get yours before me.
    :-P
      Im unsure as to whats going on also.  I filed on the 16th.  Was accepted on the 25th and read on turbo taz that it should be 48 hours after the 30th to have my return processed and get a dd date.  it has been 4 days and I do know they work weekends as others have been updated this weekend.  Both my daughters filed after the 25th, were accpeted after me and they both had their returns accepted, processed and have a dd date of feb 6th while mine is still saying PROCESSING. All three of ours are simple returns and the same. 
        I filed 1/23 and got axcepted evening of 1/28 and I'm still processing. I can't even order my transcripts yet. :(
        • I am in the exact same boat so keep your chin up and all we can do is post any updates each of us have and hold each other up (:
        • I was finally able to order transcripts today, I couldnt yesterday..still no DD date, still shows processing so not sure if the ability to order transcripts means any real progress or not ):
        • What time were you able to order them?
        • Beyer, today late morning. by calling the 1-800-908-9946. I live in Indiana also. Federal return accepted early evening of 1/28.
        • Accepted on 25th was allowed to order return transcripts 3 days aga still processingi have gave up
        • OMG-osh, I have been seeing this whole "processing..." since yesterday. It ask if I wanted to continue with my return and this pops up with the circle that's loading. When is it going to stop? I tried calling but I've been on hold for hours....Help please.
        • still processing but able to order my transcript today what is going on does this mean my refund is done so were is my DD at?
        • It seems evryone who filed early is being reviwed i know i am accepted 01/28 now being reviewd
        • Accepted on 25th being reviewed as long as taxes are honest andcorrect than no worries as long as it shows topic 152refund info than your good  least thats what they told me when i called
        • That's what I was told too. I filled 1/31. I received topic 152 also. So I guess we will all see
        • What is tax topic 201? We don't have any offsets and I know we don't owe the Federal government anything, or the state for that matter. Any ideas? We also got reference number 1091
        mine was accepted 1/28 and no dd as of yet as of 2/3
        • Mine shows processing and tax topic 152 and when I look at my return it looks like turbotax did not send form 8888 along with it which is the direct deposit form. Im hoping it isn't messed up now.
        • It wont be messed up worst case they have to mail a paper check, it only delays it a week mailing a paper check from a DD per all the cycle charts if that ends up being an issue fyi. That has happened to me personally 2 years in a row and literally its mailed out on a friday and you have it in your hands on monday -tuesday so it isnt a huge deal to panik over if this happens to you.
        • Thanks thats good to know! My ex filed his taxes ont he 16th and never even got an email saying it was accepted and got his refund on the 1st
        • I am trying not to stress because I filed mine 1/31 and I haven't even received an accepted or rejected, mine is still saying pending and it has been over a week!!! what does that mean???
        • update i check wmr now as of 2/6 and it says it dont have my refund or i put info in wrong info in  to check my status anyone know what this means? Is it almost done
        • ana,
          who did you file through? It is your filer (like Turno Tax) that still says pending and that the IRS hasnt accepted or Awknowledged your return? Or do you mean in WWR it still says "processing" or the beggining stage of the 3 bars. Please advise so I can answer you accuratly (:
        • Please help!!!! What does reference 9001 ?
        • Anna,
          I can only speak of last years experience of what the 9001 code meant. This year they are doing everything so different so that must be considered. Last year for some it meant selected for review which meant that theur refund could be delayed. This though ONLY should be a concern this year IF the IRS posts on WWR a code or notice to contact them and an extentionor number will usually be given on what number to call. If there is NOT this notice on WWR then do not panik. Last year that code meant they pull a small percentage from each of the processing batches for what is called a manual review. In most cases it was an INTERNAL IRS code NOTHING the taxpayer needed to do UNLESS WWR STATED WITH THAT CODE OR ANOTHER CODE TO CONTACT THEM>
        • I had the same thing and they said its because I entered my social instead of my husbands
        • Caitlyn and Anna,
          Yes I have heard of that . Last year it meant one of two things . One (the thing above) but it was usually just an internal code and nothing to do or panik about unless as I explained above you had a code and a notice on WWR to contact them or take action. This year it is supposed to be the same. THEY will notify you IF there is a problem or a concern or something they need you to address on WWR since WWR is supposed to be persnalized. It also meant if you filed a joint return and tried WWR and entered either your or your souse social security number instead of the primary listed filer it would give you a 9001 code. Wait 24 hours then check WWR and enter the correct social and it should be gone if its that. If not follow the instructions if it asks you to take action. If not just give it a few days and WWR should update and that code drop off.
        • garrett195845
          Resultados del Estado de Reembolso

No podemos proveerle ninguna información acerca de su reembolso.
          Por favor permita 4 semanas a partir de la fecha en que envió su declaración para obtener información acerca de su reembolso.

Por favor, lea la siguiente información relacionada a su situación de impuestos:
          Tema 152, Información de Reembolsos
          Si tiene preguntas o necesita más información, por favor, tenga lo siguiente a la mano cuando llame:
          Una copia de esta página.
          Una copia de su declaración de impuestos.
          El Número de Seguro Social, su Estado Civil, y la cantidad del reembolso reclamado en su declaración.
          La fecha en que envió su declaración por correo.
          Por favor mencione el número de referencia 9001 al representante del Servicio al Cliente del IRS.
          Horas de Servicio del IRS:
          De lunes a viernes, de 7 de la mañana a 7 de la noche.
          Llamar:
          Al 1-800-829-0582, cuando le pregunten por una extensión, marque el 362.
          De fuera de los Estados Unidos, llame al 267-941-1000.
          TTY/TTD 1-800-829-4059

i called 3 times no results
          not known
        • Refund Status Results

We cannot provide any information about your refund.
          Please allow at least 4 weeks from the date you mailed your return to get information about your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
          Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
          If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
          A copy of this page.
          A copy of your tax return.
          The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
          The date you mailed your return.
          Please mention reference number 9001 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
          IRS Hours of Service:
          Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
          Call:
          1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 362.
          From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
          TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059
        • i called 3 times no results
          not known
          Refund Status Results

Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
          A copy of this page.
          A copy of your tax return.
          The date you mailed your return.
          IRS Hours of Service:
          Call:
          From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
          TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059
        Seriously. .im still waiting...I filed the 19th and accepted the 25th. So...yes..
        Its perfectly normal to still be processing.
        • Star i filed and was accepted on the same day as you and stull processing and thinking the sam"seriously"
        • Well...supposedly im now considered an unpostable...whatever that means...considering its something they have to fix it will take 6-8 weeks.

Not fair. They should get their act together and stop processing everyone elses until the people who filed first are taken care of.
        • Have you been able to order your return transcripts? I ordered mine monday its looking like i will get it beffore i get a refund this isnt fair what #  did you call to get the unpostable statement because this isnt fair
        • I called 800-829-1040 pressed 1 for english then 0 a few times til it said something like "we are unable to process your request please hold" then tell the operator that youre confused at how to read the info on the wmr site to get to an acct specialist.

It may take more than one call..as there is plenty of mean operators who wont even look.

But if you got your transcript...youre already a few steps ahead of me. I called the tax advocate about my case however...
        • Trust me i know about the operaters appriciate the info i will try that
        • So if you're able to get a transcript does that mean its done processing?
        • More often than not yes. However..if you have offsets theres a chance u might notever see any of it
        • Well I know I don't have any offsets I already checked. But I can't order my transcripts at all I tried online and over phone thru operator and live person. So I don't know and this is getting on my nerves.
        • So...any news?
        • I got a date for the 13th for my DD
        • i was able to order transcripts today and it has no orange bar and says dd will be given when availble anyone know what that means will i get a dd soon
        • I haven't ordered my transcript yet..but I got the same response on the dd will be available
        I woke up this morning and I HAVE A DD DATE!!!!!!!

Refund Status Results

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank on February 26, 2013.

If your refund is not credited to your account by March 3, 2013, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

Thank you Lord!!!! I need it by the 27th and I'm set to get it the day before. God id good. Hang in there, everyone!!! The dates are coming!!!!

i filed the 29th and got accepted late on 30th. i just checked the wmr site at 3 am on feb 3  and got ny refund date for 2/7.
          • I filed mine on the 29th and got accepted the 30th by TT but on where's my refund it says still processing...... and Tax Topic 152 just saying about direct deposit. I hope we get it the 7th
          Yes, I filed for my sister on 1-10-13 and of course they didn't start processing until the 30th and I keep checking on the WMR for her a few times each day and it's never gotten past the first bar (processing). But at least they've confirmed that they have her's. Mine keeps saying they can't provide any information.
          • I dont even have a bar
          • I don't either. The processing thing is a little maddening. Just keeping the faith that it'll get sorted out.
          I checked mine this morning and I have a dd of the 13th
          • what day was you accepted?
          • I have a DD of the 13th mines was accepted on the 31st
          • happy for you  ....I just wish I could get a dd     filed on 1/18  accepted 1/28   84% on TT refund tracker and only one orange bar on WMR ,  can not order transcripts , no offsets , simple 1040EZ  , no edu, child, or biz credits or deductions ,  same job over 20years    I am loosing my mine waiting on just a DD
          • I was accepted on the 30th
          • How do u check for off sets
          • 18003043107 offset line
          • Accepted since 27th still processing as  1/10
          • 2/10
          • Thanks James
          • No offsets for me i didnt think so but ya never know!
          • I filed and was accepted 1/31. Still processing. Not able to order return transcript . Phoned irs white lied about getting error messages telling me to call . Irs lady initially gave the 3 week response. With a push she looked me up. No issues just still processing. Grrrrr
          • Tracy what phone number did u use and what ext numbers did u push I'm having issues getting a hold of a real person
          • mine has been processing since 1/28/2013 so just keep checking they are behind and not doing them in order in which they received them i know this due to my sister n law filed last week and has a dd already
          • Here I the trick call the 1800 829 1040. Do NOT PUSH ANY BUTTONS EVER!!! Let it cycle thru the crap a few times and it will eventually go to a live person.u have to lie thru that person tell them you have some error codes or got a letter telling u to call. Then u will b redirected into the cue again on hold .. Again do not push buttons. When they finally answer after 20-30 minutes u again have to insist you received an error message. Be super overly nice, I apologized for calling blah blah blah. She finally looked me up. Didn't help but at least I know there aren't any really obstacles just still pending
          • I have a 1040EZ I was accepted on 01/27/2013 and my status is still processing, How long does it take this year?
            I always have my return DD within 8 days?
          • Well i found out i screwed up gave wrong account number by one digit gotta wait for paper check now
          • i was able to order transcripts tonight!!! heres hoping a dd is coming. been trying am and pm for the past week to order transcripts and never could before just now!
          • Me too! IF there is a transcript does that mean it's going to dd soon?
          • from what i understand the return has been processed if you can order transcripts.. most get a dd pretty quick after that but I did not have  a dd this morning.. did you?
          I just got off the phone with IRS, by the way they don't want to answer questions on the phone they keep telling you to go back into the system. But she did check and she stated that my 1040EZ was re sequenced??? I asked why it was re sequenced and she said she did not know. That I would have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks from the 30th?? 
          This does not make sense to me at all, but at lease she didn't say there was a problem with the return (code) something like that.
          I was accepted on 01/27/2013 and still processing, I don't think this will help anyone but this is what I got!!
          • Thats NOTHING of a wait.  We have to wait 6-8 weeks as we are unpostable. So..just hang in there.
          • Ya but I don't think it is going to be 10 to 14 days, that would be tomorrow, I always get my return within 8 to 10 days
          • any one still processing after being accepted on 01/28
          • yes  still processing  accepted 1/28
          • still processing 01/28
          • Mine is accepted on 1/30 and still in progress...when i will be getting it?
          • I just checked mine @ 6:22 AM est still processing, accepted 1/27 1040EZ
          • Accepted 25th still processing
          • Here.  Still processing accepted 1/28.
          • Same here... Accepted the 28th, still processing, orange bars have been gone since last week. Just a message saying something like, we have received yoru tax return and it is being processed... Doesnt even say anything about 21 days... Was able to order trans last week also... Glad im not the only 28er still waiting...
          I just checked again @ 6:02 AM ET still processing, I filed a 1040EZ simple accepted 1/27/2013 this is taken too long compared to other years,
          Is anyone in this situation with me???
          • I filed 1/28 accepted within probably 30min of filing and it is still processing for me too.. ive received both state returns too. I just was able to order the transcipts but IDK if that means anything.... So frustrating!!
          • Wow maybe something is happening I was just able to order my 2012 transcripts, couldn't yesterday
          • filed and accepted on the 31st. ordered transcripts monday the 11th.. still  no ddd. called yesterday and have no holds
          • YES  I filed a 1040EZ  with a acceptance and acknowledgement on 1/28     no  kids  , standard deduction
          • My return was accepted on 25th and still processing just talked to irs lady and my return got picked for urther review and that they needed  no info from me annd there was no time line in me getting my refund she just said they are looking closer at the eic returns mine is honest and ligit so just a waiting game now so if you been waiting 2 weeks for your money call the 8291040 # and let it run threw the options cycle and ask to speak to accountig and lie and tell them its been 21 days  they will look it up i feel a whole lot better knowing whats goingon
          • Well I was able to order my return transcript this morning? yesterday I could not, so maybe it getting closer
          • Recieved transcripts in the mail last week
          • Refund Status Results...EVERYONE PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW.IF YOU HAVEN'T RECIEVED YOUR TAXES  IS BECAUSE THEY BEING REVIEWED. I BELIEVE (TT) KNOWS BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE NEWS (TT) AND HOW ALL THERE PEOPLE ARE BEING REVIEWED FOR FRAUD .

Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
            A copy of this page.
            A copy of your tax return.
            The date you mailed your return.
            IRS Hours of Service:
            Call:
            From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
            TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059
          • is this what you show on your refund status when you checked online? if you look up tax topic 152 it just discusses the option you have to get your funds deposited...not fraud.
          • Not filing with tt ever again 1st and  last time never got reviewed b4
          • CALL IRS THEY WILL TELL U ,I AM ON THE PHONE WITH THEM NOW... SEE MY MESSAGE ABOUT USE THAT INFORMATION .U WILL HAVE TO LIE AND TELL THEM U GOT THE LETTER AND THEY WILL TALK TO YOU.
            .
          • When i talked to the irs she says as long as its showing topic 152 than they havnt found anything wrong looking at it as a good thing
          • topic152is about direct deposit  not about fraud where did you get such bull
          What happened to the colored bar on where's my refund
            Still no change in my refund status. Still no DD date or actual refund. Still can't get any answers from anyone. I'm really scared now. If I don't get my refund BEFORE the 27th, we will be homeless. I have been patient, polite, and tried really hard to be understanding about the whole thing. But this is just to much now. Full blown panic has now officially set in.
            • my2babies.. you can't get anyone to give you any answers when you call? ive called 3 times and twice i told the truth about wmr stating it is processing and they wouldn't even look it up.. one even lied and said his system is the same as wmr.. i finally just lied and said that wmr never showed my return recieved and i was calling to see if my return was at least recieved.. and only then was i told that i had a hold due to a small back balance due from a previous year.. try this little white lie to get some answers..its ridic that we have to lie.. before the 21 days was up, all they said was call back after 21 days, now its up and they just lie and say they can't see anymore than we can.. this has been terrible for a lot of us.. .
            • Im the same way hun...
            So I have a new update. I called the IRS and was told that even though the education credit returns were able to begin processing on the 14th, obviously not everyones did. Mine wasnt even put into the computer until yesterday the 20th. I was told it's 21 days from the date it's actually put into the computer, not the 14th. So I should have my refund no later than the 13th, but that presents a real problem for me since I need the money by the 27th. I told her that and she said for me to contact a tax advocate to see if I can get my money faster. I checked WMR today and this is what I see now:

Refund Status Results

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

SO I click the link and this is what I see:

Topic 152 - Refund Information

Taxpayers have three options for receiving their individual federal income tax refund:

• direct deposit (electronic funds transfer) into a checking or savings account, including an individual retirement arrangement (IRA);
            • purchase of U.S. Series I Savings Bonds; or
            • paper check.

If you choose to receive your refund by direct deposit, you can request that the refund be deposited in up to three separate accounts, such as checking, savings, or retirement accounts – just complete Form 8888 (PDF), Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases). However, if you file Form 8379 (PDF), Injured Spouse Allocation, you cannot have your refund direct-deposited into more than one account. Your refund should only be deposited directly into accounts that are in your own name, your spouse’s name or both if it’s a joint account. Please note that to receive your refund by direct deposit (whether into one account or more), the total refund amount must be $1.00 or more.

If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. This time-frame does not include mail and IRS handling time for paper returns. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require review and take longer.

Use Where's My Refund? to get your personalized refund status. Just use IRS2Go, our free mobile app, from an iPhone or Android device, or go to IRS.gov. Both are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return.

Have your 2012 tax return handy so you can provide your social security number, your filing status and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund shown on your return.

If you do not have Internet access, you may call the Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. Where’s My Refund? includes information for the most recent return filed in the current year and does not include information about amended returns.

Where’s My Refund? has a new look this year! The tool includes a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent. Where’s My Refund? will provide an actual personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. So in a change from previous filing seasons, taxpayers won’t get an estimated refund date right away.

Where’s My Refund? provides the most accurate and complete information we have so there’s no need to call unless the tool tells you to. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day - usually at night.

Processing may take longer under certain circumstances. Refunds from amended returns will generally be issued within 12 weeks. Injured spouse claims can take longer depending on the circumstances. Refer to Topic 203 for more information about injured spouse claims. Refund claims associated with an application for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number also take additional processing time. Refer to Topic 857 for more information about Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers.

You can also refer to Topic 303 for a checklist of common errors when preparing your tax return and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return.

If you receive a refund to which you are not entitled, or one for an amount that is more than you expected, do not cash the check until you receive a notice explaining the difference; then follow the instructions on the notice.

On the other hand, if you receive a refund for a smaller amount than you expected, you may cash the check, and, if it is determined that you should have received more, you will later receive a check for the difference. You will also get a notice explaining the difference. Follow the instructions on the notice.

The IRS will help you obtain a replacement for a refund check that we verify as lost or stolen.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN????? Is this good, bad, or does it not mean anything important????? I'm really REALLY freaking out now!!!!!

Tax Advocate info, in case anyone else needs it:

http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Tax-Help

• ive seen on here that theirs changed to this right before they recieved their ddd
              Hopefully this makes you more optimistic. A few friends of mine have received their refunds without the WMR system ever updating. Several people I have talked to claim in never said ACCEPTED and they received it. I think the online system is unreliable. I would try calling.
                accepted 1/31 still processing ...no credits i check once daily all 3 places bank, WMR, transcripts still nothing this is the longest i have waited. usually they have taken about 15 days in the entire process start to finish over the last 4 years so clearly something has changed with the method they use to handle these returns now. lesson learned here for me...save save save so not to rely on the refund to help me get some things paid because i hate the waiting while i need it.
                • uhhhhh still processing sooo tired of seeing that
                • I just checked again @ 6:02 AM ET still processing, I filed a 1040EZ simple accepted 1/27/2013 this is taked too long compared to other years
                • nothing yet for me today is day 15 of the status wait it has said the same thing since 1/31 no dd no transcript available either just processing..no letter no hold codes and when i called they said to wait couldn't tell me anything. i filed 1/31!! i see others already getting refunds back after like 10days!! at least a status update would be good...it is unsettling because all i want to know is if it will be here soon or am i going to get in in months? so frustrating.