my taxes were accepted but when i checked wheres my refund it referred me to topic 151 some kind of appeal but my status still says accepted. What is going on with that

• How to I get access to my status of my refund
  • after my said excepted and i waited a few day now it says has no info.
  • go to www.irs.gov and click on weres my refund and it will ask you your personal info and then it will let you know
  • I recieved my visa card which should have my tax return added to it but,it says 0 balance. how long after I recieve the card will my tax return be loaded on it?
  • they say up to 21 days.
  • @aqtjrs1969 ...that just happened to a friend of mine that means someone took all or part of the refund..in my friends case he claimed his girlfriends kids and he didnt get credit for it.
  • Is anyone else having problems with the IRS website?
  • yes i am also. acts if i never sent a return in though 12hrs ago it showed accepted
  • Got a partial refund today.  About $6,000 short.
  • No letter yet?
  • it only took mine a few days.
  • To get a letter or refund?
  • Yes, I am having problems with getting my tax refund. Do any one know what is going on?
  • I too have been ACCEPTED but nothing more. I filed my taxes on February 7th and have not moved beyond the ACCEPTED tab on the WHERES MY REFUND website. Last year I received my taxes within 12 days of filing on Turbo Tax. What is going on this year?
  • I wish i filed mine on the 25th but they werent taking them to the 30th. but still has been 2 weeks . And now todays a holiday just to make it longer i want and need my money.
  • how long did it take you to get the card?>
  • Did you ever find out what was wrong? I'm having the same issue now. It was Accepted but now they have no info.
okys as i promised when i found out was going on i would post it here. well here it is. mine was pulled for the eic child credits. she told me they mailed me form 886-h-eic and would have to follow its instructions. so i printed it off. here is my thing 2 of the 3 kids are my fiancee's. and from what i have found out threw verious tax companies including h&r block i can file her kids since they live with me and she isnt able to work there for has no taxable income and i am providing 100% support. and the kids dad does not pay child support so i am there soul provider. now i have to wait for the offical letter then let audit defense take over and the next day or 2 ill go get all the copies of documents there asking for. i hope this helps some of you out :) let me know if you have any questions hopefully ill be able to help out :)
  • What are they asking for? I have my geandchildren that i claimed
  • they are asking for proof that they live with you and/or that you provide more then 50% of there support. the big thing is school documents to prove residence.
  • So just get schools transcript and you're good?
  • Just got the dreaded 151 today..I'm hoping all pans out, I have 6 kids,3 are mine and 3 are my step kids..I only claimed mine for the EIC but all kids have been on my tax return for 10 years now.  Any updates on anyone's situations?
  • Topic 151 - Your Appeal Rights

The IRS has an administrative appeals process that works with taxpayers to try to settle tax disputes in an effort to avoid formal court hearings. The role of Appeals is to make an independent review of a tax dispute and to consider the positions taken by both the taxpayer and the Service. The Appeals unit strives to resolve tax disputes in a fair way and remain impartial to both parties.

The IRS will send you a report and/or letter that will explain the proposed adjustments or proposed or taken collection action. The letter also tells you of your right to request a conference with an Appeals or Settlement Officer, as well as how to make your request for a conference. In addition to examination adjustments, many other things can be appealed such as penalties, interest, trust fund recovery penalties, offers in compromise, liens, and levies. If you request an Appeals conference, be prepared with records and documentation to support your position.

Appeals conferences are informal meetings. You may represent yourself or have an attorney, accountant, or an individual enrolled to practice before the IRS, represent you. If you do not reach agreement with the Appeals or Settlement Officer, or you do not wish to appeal within the IRS, you may appeal certain actions through the courts.

For further information on the appeals process and information on how to stop interest from accruing on any anticipated liability, refer to Publication 5 (PDF), Your Appeal Rights and How To Prepare A Protest If You Don't Agree, and Publication 556, Examination of Returns, Appeal Rights and Claims for Refund. You can also refer to Publication 1660 (PDF), Collection Appeal Rights. Learn more about Appeals on IRS.gov where you will find information about alternative dispute resolution processes, technical guidance, international programs, and more.

You can also learn more about the Appeals process by reviewing The Appeals Examination Process and The Appeals Collection Process YouTube videos. Get the latest Appeals news, information, and settlement guidelines by following the IRS News and IRS Tax Professionals Twitter accounts as well.
  • could a student loan offset be under the 151 topic?
  • i went through tha crap about 6 years ago, hadto fil form 8863 and had proff my kids lived with me they were all my biological kids, still didnt recieve my e.i.c because my husband and i were in process of divorce and he claimed 2 of them i claimed the rest. which was really the way it truly was 2 of tm wanted to live with him. but we were still legally married. so he filed before me and got e.i.c.
  • Topic 151 - Your Appeal Rights

New York State has yet to submit its annual budget, so everyone getting a message saying under further review relax, it's a delay tactic which doesn't mean you owe them anything, are being audited, or are losing your refund. The state once again has to shuffle money around to pay out what is owed!  Typical, the folks with earned income credits, and live paycheck to paycheck, the low- mid income people are the ones getting this message!
Being accepted means the IRS has your return and it is being processed. However you may owe back taxes, and they may offset your refund. Call the IRS on Monday morning to see whats going on.
  • I never owed back taxes before. This is the first time I ever got something like this
  • Thank you for ur info
  • I would wait a couple days and see if WMR updates your status again. It may just be giving you incorrect information right now. WMR has been kinda funky this year.
  • That is what I was thinking thank you
  • My refund status says "take alert".. and that my refund is under review and I need to wait 30 days for a letter. At the bottom it says tax topic 151. Has never happened before. What does this mean?
  • that is exactly what mine says. I don't understand myself . For the first time in my life that has happend. I want to know why to.
  • I'm seriously freaking out. I'm sure you are to. As a single parent, that money helps a lot.. keep me posted as to what it says Monday. I'll do same.
  • I will I am freaking out.
  • Mine is saying the samething. I'm thinking WMR is messing up. Well I hope to god it is.
  • I called the IRS refund # and it says I'm under review. So call that #
  • Under review for what though. I just don't understand
  • I was googling all this 151 tax bs and one person said its most likely an eic issue. Some kind of audit.
  • Correspondence audit..
  • what is correspondence audit?
  • Nothing will make your heart skip a beat like walking out to the mailbox to find a letter from the IRS. The tax audit can strike fear in even the most honest taxpayers, but if you receive something from the IRS after filing your taxes you’ll want to understand just what they are seeking before getting too worked up about it.

Audit

In fact, a true audit happens to very few people every year, and it’s usually because of a glaring problem or unusual

return.

tax

a

on

found

situation

correspondence audits and adjustment letters, which are not like the audits you hear horror stories about.

The Examination Audit

A traditional tax audit is usually picked up by computer programs that are set up to detect irregularities on tax returns that might signal there is a problem. While it may seem like a simple error or wrong number may instantly create a red flag and cause you to get audited, that’s not exactly how it works. In fact, the IRS typically audits less than one percent of all tax returns filed each year.

keep in mind that not all audits mean the IRS is out to get you and stick you with a greater tax bill. They are looking for problems and inconsistencies and it could actually result in getting a larger refund.

If you do receive a letter stating that the IRS would like to conduct an examination audit, there will be instructions as to how to provide the information they need. Some of these audits can be conducted through the mail, but in other instances it may require meeting an auditor in person either at your home, place of business, or an IRS office. At the end of the audit process there will be a determination as to what needs to be done to satisfy the IRS. There is an appeals process if you don’t agree with the outcome.

The Correspondence Audit

The correspondence audit is far more common than the examination audit that people think about when they hear

Again, these are usually triggered

audit.

the word

software that compares returns against common trends and selects those that don’t match for a correspondence audit. The IRS will mail the taxpayer either a Letter 566 or a CP 2000 notice. The 566 letter advises taxpayers that their return has been selected for examination and will

documents needed to verify the return. The CP 2000 notice will contain adjustments based on third-party documents associated with the return. In these types of audits it may be as simple as providing copies of a 1099 form to verify the numbers match what was reported to the IRS.

The Adjustment Letter

Finally, the letter you receive from the IRS may simply be an adjustment letter or adjustment notice.

simply letters sent out to give notice to a taxpayer about additional taxes owed or a change in the refund amount. The reason there may be additional taxes owed is typically just because of a miscalculation

entered on your tax return.

For a list of the different IRS notices sent out and what action needs to be taken for each,

comprehensive list.

In the unlikely event that you receive an audit notice from the IRS, don’t worry. If you prepare your taxes with TurboTax this year, TurboTax Audit Support Guarantee provides free one-on-one guidance from an experienced tax professional to help you know what to expect and how to prepare if you receive an audit letter.

Categories: Categories: Tax Planning Tax Planning Tags: Tags: free tax help free tax help , , tax audit tax audit , , TurboTa TurboTax
  • Sorry about the extra stuff. My phone wouldn't cooperate.
  • Anddddd... A lady that just started wherei work said the irs is so far behind it is probably a stall tactic.. fingers crossed
  • I am trying to contact turbotax and there is a 31 minutes hold time I want some kind of answer about what is going on . I have used this service for 4 years and never had an issue yet til now
  • I also have the same message on 'wheres my refund' I am furious I purchased the audit defense package offered during the  turbotax filing process so I contacted the defense company and the woman was so RUDE and told me she could provide me with NO information on my return!!! WHAT A SHAME i will NEVER purchase that again!!!!!! I asked so what do I do contact you again when I receive a letter? She informed me that the "decision is on you and I can not provide you with any information about your return"...... WHAT A JOKE!!
  • We are having he same problem
  • When will my taxes be sent to the IRS? It's been 5 days now since I sent it to turbo tax
  • I had that message last year.  Turns out that my new husband had a non-tax debt, from back when he was in the military, created by his ex-wife buying a bunch of crap on credit from the BX.  We lost all of the refund last year, but this year, I did the Injured Spouse Allocation to hopefully not lose the whole refund.   I will wait a few days before I check the status for this year's return on IRS site.
  • I decided to go ahead and check.  My return has been accepted, and I'm not showing the 151 crap.  Yet.  Hopefully it doesn't show up.
  • I got the same message and I called the irs they say I didn't pay taxes in last year and I can only get 700$ of my 5000$ refund. [edited by social moderator]
  • Geezus...guess I'm calling after work
  • What's the number you called I want to call those thiefs
  • 800) 829-4933 hit 0 over and over. Youll get a live one.
  • thank you i am calling now
  • Good luck
  • Just got off the phone with the IRS. They told me that the only thing being held back is the EIC at this time they are reviewing the credits due to so many fruedulant acts over the years. The lady told me it is done randomly and not to worry. she said it will take about three weeks to complete the review. If everything checks good the rest of the refund will be deposited immediatley. Thank GOD i thought something bad was going on but I have nothing to worry about.
  • a partial refund is being dd tomorrow so check your accts then .
  • @aqtjrs1969 thank goodness you make me feel a little better I honestly think it's an error on there part. I was told I didn't even pay taxes but I can see that they were takin out on every check stub.!!
  • That's awesome! Thank you! And how long on hold?
  • They said it can take up to three weeks
  • How long on hold with irs?
  • Was this to check status on federal or state?  I'm trying to track my state....
  • that was for my federal i dont have to file state in florida but there should be a link to get some sort of information the only other thing I can think of is to call the irs to see whats going on
  • Ok...so on hold 30 min to be told IRS didn't process refunds until 30th so I need to wait 21 days before I call. Really? Rude.. I'm calling back!
  • it depends on the state you are in you want to goto your, example ( new york state tax department) and you will be able to track it that way.
  • That is just an information post. You people crack me up about being so paranoid, calm down your money will be there within 21 days, maybe sooner, but can take up to 21 days, could be in my shoes with 8863 and even though mine was accepted before jan 28th, I still on hold for processing.
  • I am so glad that i found this!! Ive been searching the web trying to find out what a tax review is and so on. I am on hold with irs now to see what the deal is. I am claiming my nephew this year so it may be that. They said on wmr that they are sending me something in the mail but i wanna know NOW!!!
  • true but good luck! some of have gotten some help and usally tell us they dont know that we will get a letter 30 days! they told me to more less pound salt an hour didnt even let me give them my name :( please let us know what they tell you. like you i looked forever for the info and so far everyone here has been help one another :) but please let us know and good luck :)
  • aqjtrs......that is not the only thing holding returns up...I have no EIC...and mine is taking forever.........
  • what is WMR?
  • WMR means Where's My Refund?
  • @ lernecca. Thanks. I don't know why I thought of that. Mine's still says processing but no DD..:(
  • WMR is "wheres my refund". Its an irs website you can go to to track your refund(www.irs.gov) Southtownsales... They told me that if the irs decides to pick up my case then they will send me a letter stating what documents they need from me. She didnt tell me whether it was related to eic or to me claiming my nephew for the first time. She did say that i may have prepared my taxes wrong. So hell i may owe money. I dont see how in the hell i wouldve prepared my taxes wrong all i did was answer the questions turbo tax asked me. Anyways, i asked her how long i have to wait for this infamous letter and she put me on hold and then told me it could be 90 DAYS!!!! I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS SHIT I AM BROKE!!!
  • omg thats insane!!!!!! ameliataylor826 i am in the same boat im beyond broke! i borrowed money this week to get caught up. my return would would catch me up all the way! mine gave me the warning on saturday and some that got the warning on sat have already got part of there refunds and i havent so im starting to get nervous. and mine return was the same this year just had some unemployment nothing big!!!!!! thank you so much for letting us know what they told you. keep us up to date if hear anything and as i find anything out i will post it here also :)
  • Oh trust me i will keep everyone posted. And if anyone gets a letter please let us know what it says. The thing is, i have no way to prove that my nephew has been staying with me. Hes 17, he dropped out of school when he was 15, his mother is missing in action, and hes been on my couch and eating my food for the last year in a half so i claimed him as a deopendant. I dont know how to prove hes really there besides the irs coming to my house and seeing for themselves.
  • does he work or have any medical bills with your address that might work?
  • no, he does absolutely nothing. hes really messed up. Im trying to get him enrolled for GED classes and counseling but he wont sit still long enough. Everytime i try to enforce anything he takes off and is on the streets and comes back when hes had enough. I cant just put him out hes just a kid. Hopefully they wont even want to know. Maybe theyll just leave me alone and ill get my money. I just have a strong feeling that that's not going to happen
  • ill be praying for you. your a wonderful person taking care of him!i hope they just let it go. does he even get any kind of mail or i hate to ask but has he ever been in trouble law wise were there by be something as simple as a report?
  • oh man i have no idea. It's very possible. Since im not his legal guardian i wouldnt have ever been notified. Do you think that would cause a red flag on my taxes? Or maybe if someone else tried to claim him?
  • if someone else tried to claim him that will automatically stop the refund till they determine who gets the credit and with him living with you i wouldnt worry about that part
  • anyone have any luck so far?
  • I cant wait 30 days for a letter will they talk to me before & can I send my verifiable documents for EIC?
  • I am trying to track my Delaware state tax refund they said that my refund would be in in 7 days after acceptance I filed my Delaware state taxes on January 30 2013 and they were accepted but no DD date for my state I checked my Federal tax information it had the orange bars saying processing but now the IRS says they have no information on my Federal refund or a DD Date then when I went to check my Delaware Tax refund status their site said online refund inquiry system unavailable I will call the IRS and the state of Delaware on Monday February 11 to see whats going on with my refunds federal and state
  • @isbrown1980 you can try some are very cold and rude when u call and every now and then you will get someone that will be willing to help. i finally got one to talk to me after a week of calling and i still havent got my letter
  • I haven't received a letter yet. Its crap
  • i still havent got my letter yet this is getting annoying
  • I just got my letter today. And I don't understand what the hell they're asking for! I have to send in 3 different forms. Bullshit I tell ya
  • agreed i just emailed all my papers friday to audit support now im just waiting to hear back from them. and the worse part is we are looking at least another month to get our refunds!
  • I've used this service for quite some time now and NEVER had this much problems before. I am FURIOUS!
  • i just sent all my papers in to the audit defense hopefully they get this resolved fast
  • What is the phone number on the letter? What are they wanting from you?
  • Southtownsales what's ur status now? I just revived a letter
  • Turbotax is saying that the IRS is auditing me and that they are going to be doing more of that this year when you file head of household and get earned income credits. I just have to wait for the letter from the IRS .
  • That's just wrong. Get audited because we have kids? But yeah, Ive been hearing that as well. Guess I'll go pick up school records and child support letters.
  • Will post letter when it comes too.
  • So I got the take action notice on the wmr and I'm just curious if anybody else has had that.. Did u at least get part of ur refund until further review
  • I just recvd a partial as did someone else on here.
  • tammy i am glad to hear that you got a partial like myself. Don't worry thing will work out . GOD makes all things possible.
  • When did both of u guys get ur partial...
  • Did it at least give u an email on how much u were getting at least
  • I got part of the payment yesterday. But I am wondering has anyone received the rest of their payment yet? I am thinking that everyone with this issue has not received the EIC part of their payments and was just wondering if anyone had gotten that part yet?
  • Indeed he does. It seems to be the eic that's being withheld so... Just happy I got some!
  • I got my partial either late last night or this morning.
  • Hey Tammy did U get a notification u were getting some of it back at all
  • Not at all. Just checked my balance to see how much gas I could get and there it was!
  • did your get filtered threw the santa barbra bank?
  • Thanks Tammy for the info... There is something pending now in my acct so I'm assuming that's it I'll know tmrw
  • I got only part of my refund. They stated that they are evaluating my EIC and child tax credit. I find it to be a bunch of junk. What documents are they looking? I claimed my niece and nephew whom I have been taken care of for the past two years.
  • I hope I get mine in the morning at least half. I did the EIC and when I called the IRS this morning they stated that my refund was still being processed.. BLAH.. Which I filed early and got accepted on the 25th but my best friend filed hers on the 29th and it was accepted the same day and she got her refund this morning. I've never waited this long before...
  • Me either. They stated that they would be mailing me a letter for additional information. They gave me the amount that they had taken out of my check last year. I didnt get any additional tax credits only what i paid in.
  • brittany_payton, they will probably send you letter asking for proof that your niece and nephew lived with you. When you send that info back they will release the rest of your refund.
  • well the thing is my nephews mom kicked him out, hes a high school drop out, and hes not on my lease so i have no idea how in the hell im going to prove he lives with me. Ive been trying to get him in a GED program and counseling if he would sit still long enough. I dont know how id prove it
  • i wonder what kind of proof that would intell. maybe school enrollment papers?
  • Yes the school transcripts will have the address on them or I think you can use something from the doctor showing your address and billing info for the child.
  • awesome cause i also wonder if that will be what hits me im thinking either the unemployment or the eic credits
  • @southtownwales... In my acct it doesn't say where it was filtered thru. I'll look again tho. Just stated an amount. But I'm thinking its the eic. Which is funny because its the same kid its always been for 17 yrs.
  • it funny i just went to pay a bill and was talking with the manager and he told me 3 people that work are going threw it also! the irs is getting out of hand! if your refund came from turbotax it was sent threw santa barbra tax bank. and i have seen were youll see your return there 1 or 2 days before you get it. and they still wont tell me anything but im with you i think its the eic and since we can prove why we got it they cant keep but its gonna take even longer to get the rest of our money :(
  • I filed with taxact because I ALWAYS get a better refund. TurboTax screwed me outta $1000 a couple years ago anyway.. never again with that!
  • wow i dont blame u there i left h&r block and came to turbotax cause i got better here. next year ill try taxact :)
  • did you get your letter?
  • hi i been worried cuz everyone is getting their tax return i did get a notice when i checked on mywmr and it was 151 appeal i called the irs and they told me everything still looks good that their still proccesing my refund and i told them what the notice said on the internet i really hope its a big mistake and we get our refunds
  • has anyone got their refund back that got that topic 151 appeal
  • No, there is a new forum on here where a LOT of us r going thru the same thing!! This is the second year that we have been reviewed & last year we didn't recieve any notice, just checked our card after 30 something days & there it was! Praying that's what happens this year!!
Nick that reference is responce to either an education credit you are claiming which the irs wont be processing till mid-feb. or any of the the other credits that are on a list which would not be processed till late-feb to the beggining of march. I had my return accepted on the 25th of jan. to find out that even though it has been accepted they wont be fully processing it till mid-feb because of the education credit I am claiming. bummer... hoping I am still get my refund by the 21 day mark which would be around the 15th.
  • Got my refund deposited today!
  • I'm happy for you! At least they may have been telling the truth! I wonder if ur wmr still says alert! Review
  • I haven't gotten any emails from them tho.
  • tammy thank you so much keeping everyone updated. i filed and got accepted on the same days as you and like you on saturday i got that alert and called the irs and they couldnt tell me anything! but i still havent got any dd yet im hoping to get something soon. but reading your posts at least gave me hope :P i filed 2w-2's unemployment and some self employment. everything was the same this year as always except the unemployment that i had for 3mths. and i have 3 kids and i gat the earned income im wondering if the unemployment threw it off. but no biggie i can prove it. i just hate waiting the bill are due lol.
  • Your welcome. Check your account today or tomorrow. Also the refund status still shows the alert on my account. But there's a light at the end of tunnel!
  • thank you so much tammy. so far nothing in my bank at all :( but after reading your responses it is giving me hope so you can be happy knowing you gave someone a ray of hope :) did you call them at to find out if you were getting even your partial
  • Im gettin the alert message and have been getting it since sat irs is giving me no info can sumone please shed a little light on my situation they said my refund is on hold
  • well lisa ill tell you this you found the right thread there isnt much out there on this! like you mine did the same on saturday and i think tammy's did as well and her and a few others got some back already today. the irs told me mine was random and wont give me anymore info!
  • This is so  frustrating and the irs isnt giving us no info saying wait on the letter u gotta be kidding me
  • i know i just got of the phone with them and talked to a mrs mobley and she was of no help at all
  • Do u know of anyone who has gotten a letter
  • i dont know anyone who has got the letter yet but im waiting for mine :(
  • Some people get answers when they call. I called twice yesterday and was told both times. It's a new three stage process and don't expect any answers for 21 days. Also most filers are getting that message. My son hasn't gotten it tho. His still says processing
  • yea i called today and they would give me squat lol. they didnt even want to know who i was but monday they were willing to talk. i normally dont mind the wait but this im strapped bad!! it would be nice if they would just help out :(
  • did u have 151 appeal
I JUST TALKED TO MY STATE REVENUE DEPARTMENT, BECAUSE MY TURBO TAX SAID MY STATE WAS ACCEPTED ON THE 10TH AND NO FURTHER INFO WAS GIVEN......ACCORDING TO NEBRASKA, THE PROBLEM IS TURBO TAX!!!!!!!!!  I WAS TOLD BY THE STATE THAT MY RETURN A REJECTED ON THE 4TH THEN RESUBMITTED BY TURBO TAX ON THE 10TH.....TURBO TAXS  IP ADDRESS WAS THE ISSUE!!!!  LAST YEAR I USE THEM!!!!!!!!
    have anyone ever received a e-mail from  irs stating your refund is in the mail?
    • I gotta email sayin my partial would refund 2/6
    • We wish!
    • I got an email stating it would be deposited on 02/06/2013, today I got a text on my cell phone and my federal tax return was deposited in my account today..a day early...yeah!,,
    • when did you file if you don't mind me asking ?
    • I personally filed on Jan. 28th accepted on 29th and then on Saturday it pops up with that damned alert. But I again called its like a Min ago and another lady told me its a new system and has a three step process and I should wait as its the new norm... Blah!
    • Also told me what I see is what they would see if they ran my info
    • 01/28/2013
    • check your account I got a particle refund in my account.
    • Anybody claiming education credits and have their REFUND deposited already ? Cause my return was accepted on 01/28 and have not received my refund yet. Thanks anyway for commenting.
    • I just checked and have $1631 dd'd out $4746. Better than a sharp stick in my eye!
    • I just hung up with IRS... She said that my return has been picked up by exams(?) and if they decide to pick up my case i will get a letter in the mail and they will tell me exactly what they need from me. She said that i may have prepared my taxes wrong. UUGGHHHH this is so frustrating. I also just checked my account and theres nothing in it. Go figure. Im upset about this.
    • I also have gottenn the "151" pain I got $985.00 out of $8,496  did you get the rest of yours yet??
    • lucky! they havent released any of mine.
    • Has anyone received the letter yet?
    • @amelia what happened next
    Im getting all this crap too omg im flipping out!!!!
    • Anybody claiming for education credit and have their REFUND deposited already. Mine was accepted on 01/28, but until now I have not received my REFUND yet. Thank you for commenting.
    • No education credit here...no kids...no head of household...no nothing but mortgage interest...and normal deductions...and mine is still PROCESSING...........
    • On a post on here that i just read it says that they are not paying out education credits until mid march. Im under review and it sucks
    • ok sorry, theyre not processing them until mid feb not mid march
    • tubo tax is saying mid-march, yahoo was saying the end of feb, and the irs page says mid-feb. they need to get their facts together but im going by the irs page that says mid- feb. Also mine is still being processed I wish they would give everyone another update so atleast we know that they are still working on it.
    • it seems there are alot more people this year going under review then ever. alot of the drivers were i work are going threw the samething we all are :(
    • is that for students and teachers or teachers only
    You don't want big government but when it is your tax refund you want it yesterday. Well take two aspirin and wait several months!
    In the old days that was normal.
    • its not that. its there pulling our refunds and making us wait without explanation thats the problem. we just want to know what there looking for from us
    • if were paying our taxes we deserve our refunds point blank. its not like theyre doing us a favor, its our money so youre damn right i want it yesterday. and then they do this shit where they audit me and question everything i do its obnoxious. i have bills as do everyone else whos "under review". when the govt wants what they want they just take it from us. And they give us what we need when they feel like it. its not right. We expect this money, budget on this money, SO YES I WANT IT YESTERDAY!
    • so true
    Mine said I should have it direct deposited on Friday Feb 01 but I have not received them. I keep looking on Irs but it changes daily from no info to being processed. I have no clue what is going on....
      d

im in the same place claming my soon to be wifes kids i pay 100 percent of everything and there father is in prison for a very long time and doesnt pay child support. i got the topic 151. what kinda documents are they asking for?

• can anyone tell me whats going on with this 151appeal i claimed 2 of my grandchildren this year