I received my netspend visa debit card, but it says there's only $1.00 on it. I thought my entire refund would be on it. Why isn't it?

I just activated my NetSpend Visa card and there's only $1.00 on my account.  where is my refund?
  • that $1.00 is part of a promo.. you got the dollar on your card because you activated either by phone or email in a timely matter... all of the information on that should come in the welcome envelope that you receive when you get your Netspend card via mail.  I have one two and it also has an way for you to get 10 dollars in credit as well as 100 dollars in dining certificates.  I hope that this helps
  • sorry about the errors.. ugh.. lol
  • ilovemykids33, no its not, i activated my card the day i got it and it had a balance of $0.00, then they blocked my card the next day, I had to cancel my account entirely or they would have gotten my state and federal and i wouldn't have even gotten a single penny of it
  • @yas59... I am so sorry to hear that ..
Ive been long telling everyone that netspend is a scam. It wouldn't surprise me if half of the turbotax users get cheated out of their tax returns. I've already retained an attorney ahead of time and I fully intend to sue both netspend and turbotax if I have even the slightest trouble getting my refund from netspend.
  • Class action, anyone?
  • Don't listen to this guy
  • yeah rickey im sure you dropped a retainer on counsel for a matter like this when youre broke joke bama phone balla style is freakin about a Federal return.. not to mention on a netspend! Fool, you cant even get a real checking account so stop jaw jackin and blastin .. xoxo cupcake!
  • smhkv he is telling the truth, they blocked my card the day after i activated it by phone, which i got mine in the mail on the 26th of January any when i called them i was put on hold and given the run around for an hour at a time