Can I claim my disabled husband on my 2012 taxes?

• If my husband is disable, do I claim him as a dependent on our tax returns?
  • my husband is geting disbility pension,  also mility pension, I work, which would be the best wayto file, joint or seperate
  • my husband works but i get veterans disability can i file as a disable spouse, I do not work
  • my husband is terminally ill needs full time care
  • where do I put in Veterans disibility pension
  • VA benefits are not taxable or even reportable. So, they are not entered at all.
  • My husband receives VA compensation for service connected disability and social security disability.  Do
    I report this as income?
  • No do not report VA benefits. Yes, do include social security disability
  • Should I file married jointly?
  • With my spouse as a dependant?
Yes, but only by filing a joint return with him. A spouse can not be a dependent otherwise. The spouse does not  have to have income to file a joint return.

You cannot avoid tax on his social security disability by filing separately
    my husband gets disability pension from the state also get millitary pesion. I work full time, which way should i file joint or seperate
    • You should file, married jointly.  This will be the best and easiest for your situation.
    I am disable and my w;ice is not can I file jointly with my disability?
    • Yes. can and should.
      Social security (including SSDI) becomes taxable when your income, including 1/2 your social security, reaches:
      Married Filing Jointly(MFJ): $32,000
      Single or head of household: $25,000
      Married Filing Separately and lived with your spouse at any time during the tax year: $0