This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

"Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available" ...WHAT THE [Profanity Removed] !

So yesterday I checked my status' on the where's my refund website for the IRS and I had the bar with the 3 sections and it just said approved and being processed and I will have it in 21 days..this morning I checked it and it said "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available" and the 3 bars were gone....anyone else get this?? what the [Profanity Removed]  is going on???.

• Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available

I got the exact same thing.... no one has an answer for this.. help!!!!
  • I have this message and I got my return accepted early on the 24th i filed on the 10th I have no clue what's going on .i have the old style where's my refund. My friends did theirs yesterday and they have the new where's my refund meter I've seen people with exact file date and acceptance date with refunds as of this morning would like to know what's going on
  • I got this same message, and this is the only message that they have been showing me... Mine was accepted on the 24th, and I am concerned, as I called the IRS, spoke to someone, and she gave me the same run around... you know, wait, it could take 21 days!!  WTH??? there are people who just filed this week, and got accepted, and a refund date!!!
  • Has anyone else called the IRS???   Are they telling you anything different?

I called the IRS, and all they told me was to keep checking back!!!  

WTH????
  • Because I am getting that same message, was accepted on the 24th, and there are people who just did theirs this week, who have a refund date
  • I was accepted on the 24th as well...So apparently its all of us people that were accepted on that date that are having problems...so aggravating
  • Does anyone know what is going on???
  • Mine cont. to say "you will receive your refund in 21 days" but today i did call and was told DD date of 2/6/13. Mine was accepted the 28th filed the 17th
  • who did u call was it wmr
  • No, I called and spoke with someone in the accounts dept. I had a 1098-T form in with my return that wasn't supposed to be there. It had all 0's on it. I was afraid this would mess up my refund, but it wont and she gave me a date.
  • i just got off the phone with the irs. i got the email from turbo tax on the 24th and i let him know that and he said that they actually recieved my return on the 28th and its in process. for me to give it about 3 weeks for it to go thought. he wouldnt give me a refund date just that it was accepted as in received early but that that was about it to try give a call in about 3 weeks if i didnt hear anything from them. just here patiently waiting officer said that the 24th date was the actual submittion date from turbo tax to irs and the acceptance meant that they received it. so i dont know im just here waiting
  • I efiled mine on the 29th because my understanding was the IRS wouldn't accept any returns until Jan. 30. I then went into a pending status. With a note saying it could take up to 48 hours to process and I should receive and email with accepted or rejected on it.  Well here it is More than 48 hours and I'm still waiting on an email.
  • I got the exact same message now and I filed on January 23rd.  I'm not sure of my acceptance date, but it was the 24th or 25th.  I also had the three bars, then they were gone.  I filed my parents and brothers taxes after that and both are approved and are set for deposit on 2/6.  WTH!?  Also for some god-forsaken reason my state e-file was rejected and had to be mailed in?!  The IRS needs to get it together!!
  • That is what's happening to me and I'm getting frustrated. Just that mine is pending but I filed on the 28th.
  • I filed on the 12th... accepted on the 25th... got my State back already ~ and have absolutely no info about my feds... they have been accepted ~ but they are still processing. I have no DD date.... nothing. So... I can't help ~ sorry guys.... I'm in the same boat with some of yous.. really wish I had a date for my feds tho ~~ did anyone get their State back yet tho... I thought it was really odd that I got my State back first... and it was only days after acceptance... I got them on the 31st.
  • Nope.  My "luck" for some odd reason my state rejected-- first time ever-- nothing odd and no special credits, so I had to print and mail it.  Refund will get here in 4-6 weeks...... Boo!
  • i filled on the 29 got the email sayong it was accepted the nexy day wheres my refund tells me wrong info are wait 48 hours then ch agin but last week it hd three bars telling me it was being processed
  • Spoke to irs today lady was rude said she couldn't check the status that I needed to wait the 21 days that they had 3 weeks to process returns that its only been a couple of days to wait to not call until after the 20th
  • yea same here !! mine was excepted on the 24th but WMR just keeps saying processing
  • i filed on the 31st of January, my status is pending. I haven't received an email that it was accepted or anything. I just don't know what to do. I know my federal is delayed because of some of the forms but I was really hoping my state of virginia taxes would be here soon.
  • Same here me and my mom filled on the same days the 16th and the IRS accepted it on the 30th. Up until today the three status bars have been there saying "RECEIVED" now the bars are gone and I'm getting the same message "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available"  !! My mom has already received her refund as of today. When I call the IRS they tell me its doing just that being processed !! RUDE She said if there is an issue with my refund the status will show a reference number and it will say to call the IRS with that number. TOTALLY BLOWS !

Now when I check my status again I get this message .......We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS. I already got the email stating that they have received my return and are processing it !!! My status just keeps changing from day to day.....has anyone else gotten this message ?? The IRS will not help me at all :(
  • That's correct, the IRS accepted no returns until January 30th.  I filed mine on Feb. 2nd and received an accepted status on the 3rd.  I still do not have a DD date, only the 21 day window.
  • State back first is odd.  Filed all of mine on the Feb. 2nd, Federal accepted on the 3rd, and still have not heard from the State.
  • I'm ok if it is still pending if that is what is required. What I don't like is the little box that says that is will be processed up to 48 hours and you should receive and email telling you if it is accepted or rejected.  Don't tell me 48 hours if it’s going to be longer. I'm going on a week now, and it’s still pending. All I'm asking is that I get an explanation on why it’s taking so long instead of leaving the 48 hour thing especially when that is not true.  
    Where is the email telling me about a delay or taking away that little help box that says 48 hours. All I’m asking for is an honest answer.
  • I called the IRS after waiting 3 days with no status bar and the same your refund if being processed and a refund date will be given when avaliable. The rep says I don't understand what you are saying I can see your status bar here, but you are still within the scheduled time frame call back after 3 weeks. I am so annoyed I can't hardly stand it my husband is scheduled to get his refund on today and I filed his with turbo tax also on 1/25 accepted on 1/27 I was accepted on 1/28 no other news since then WTH!!!!!!!
  • I had the 3 bars and then had the same msg saying to wait 24 hours, so I did wait 48 hrs and just chkd 20 mins and the bars are back with a topic saying how I can recieve my refund????? I filed February 1st and was accepted the 2nd for both state and federal...someone told me that this means they are about to issue the refund...anyone else here that? I haven't rec'v my state yet either, which 1 comes first??? CONFUSED!!!
  • has anyone else gotten the topic message after being said they are still being prosessed?
  • Each state is different on how quickly they process your returns. Sometimes you get your state first and sometimes federal thats a toss up. Now as far as your federal sounds like to me you have been approved. Did you pays your fees upfront or through your federal refund? What state are you located in?
  • got the exact same thing and I filed mine on the 22nd and it's says still processing and my son in law filed his 2 days after me and he get's his back tomorrow so wth is up with that.
  • I filed on the 10th and was accepted on the 28th. I had the three bars and this morning no bars and a message stating that it is processing. This afternoon the automated system cannot find my return.
  • I filed mine on the 31st and they were accepted the same day.  I still havent gotten a direct deposit date yet as the bar on wmr is still on "processing".....Im wondering if its possible that some people may get their DD before they even see it on the wmr site....
  • in RE to juicy76, yes I saw that message today as well.  It said IRS topics or something like that.  I figured everyone got it....I thought it was just an added message so some people can see why theirs is taking longer.....not sure.
  • Exactly what 800 number did you call? All I get is a automated system.? :/
  • I filled mined on the 31st and everyday says it cannot give me any information that I have to wait 24hrs then at the bottom it says topic 152 what does that mean someone please help
  • Your state is totally separate from fed. It depends greatly on what state you're in as to how fast you get the state refund back. For example here in god forsaken NC I waited 9 weeks last year!!! But VA got me my refund in 7 days! Normally though the Feds are faster. Also just because you were accepted had no bearing on when you'll get your refund. Most likely it will be soon though! Good luck!
  • Go into turbo tax website or better yet IRS.gov and in the search bar put topic 152. That should tell u!
  • Same garbage here. Different statuses all the time. They have major glitches.
  • emaguizar01
    Same here. Did you call the hotline? I get processing when I call.
  • you file to soon, i heard that people who file early have to wait 7-14 days for approval.
  • @emaguizar01 I had the same message yesterday and today I have the tracker, somone on here said that means that they are almst done processing the return???? my cousin filed on the 25th and got her return on the 1st??? I did mines on the February 1st
  • Just called the refund hotline and it said " your refund is still being processed. You will be given a direct date when available." I'm hoping that means when it updates for tomorrow I will have a dd date. *Fingers crossed*
  • if you check the wmr site too often they will lock u out till after midnight. However if yu go to the "order transcripts" section on the IRS site, and try to order a REFUND transcript, if it lets u order it that means they have processed it, and a DD date will come very soon, like a day or two. Hope this helps.
  • I know all this. And No I can not order my transcripts.. but this is something different that is just now happening and  i've read other threads that when you get something different your almost processed fully. And if i'm locked out, i'm locked out of wmr.. but they don't lock you out of the phone and that's where i got the info at. so i'm guessing it's right.
  • Topic 152 - Refund Information
    Taxpayers have three options for receiving their individual federal income tax refund:

direct deposit (electronic funds transfer) into a checking or savings account, including an individual retirement arrangement (IRA);
    purchase of U.S. Series I Savings Bonds; or
    paper check.
    If you choose to receive your refund by direct deposit, you can request that the refund be deposited in up to three separate accounts, such as checking, savings, or retirement accounts – just complete Form 8888 (PDF), Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases). However, if you file Form 8379 (PDF), Injured Spouse Allocation, you cannot have your refund direct-deposited into more than one account. Your refund should only be deposited directly into accounts that are in your own name, your spouse’s name or both if it’s a joint account. Please note that to receive your refund by direct deposit (whether into one account or more), the total refund amount must be $1.00 or more.

If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. This time-frame does not include mail and IRS handling time for paper returns. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require review and take longer.

H
  • i filed mine on the 1st of feb and have not heard back about nothing yet still pending
  • It's only the 5th. Don't worry! It will come soon!
  • pending for 6 days now.. next year good bye turbo tax.
  • I have been pending since the 30th
  • Hey I got this same message but my state was accepted but my fed is still saying pending and I filed on the 31st and it still has that wait 48 hours box there
  • me too i got mine accepted on the 25th and i got my state back days ago like the 29th or something like that. I keep checking the irs site and it still says the first bar of being processed, no DD date yet i wonder if thier system is just overloaded and not updating. I know someone that did turbo tax maybe just alittle before me and they got thier refund last week. So i dunno this sucks. !
  • MYTH! My sister filed 2 weeks ago this saturday (filed 1/26) and she got hers a week later (1/2) .....
  • If you are still pending after five days did you check to see if any of your forms are on the "not accepting till mif-feb or march"...for example if you filed for education credits (8862) the irs will not process till mid-feb.  This isn't a turbo tax thing, but an IRS thing.  I filed mine on the 31st but have education credits...turbo tax sent me an email confirming it is in the que to sent to the IRS once they will accept it.  So it still states "pending on turbo tax"...
  • Same message that no info is avaible concerning my return. I once had the bar with return being processed and now I cannot get any information. I filed on 1/20 accepted by the Federal 1/28 State accepted1/30 and I have received my state on 2/4.
  • Turbo Tax notified me that they got the IRS to accept my return prior to the January 30th processing date which is the date the IRS typically starts processing returns. My refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on 2/6
  • Although I am locked out, I was able to order a 2013 Return Transcript.
  • I think we are locked out
  • My forms didnt have anything like that
  • How do u get locked out?
  • MINE SAYS THE SAME THING! SAME DATE TOO
  • I efiled w turbotax on the 14th n was accepted on the 24th of January "early" as they say n I'm still stuck on first bar/processing!!  Filed my state also on the 30th n just got on their site n that's processing too.  Turbo tax says 77% of people got their refunds already who filed in the same time frames we did.  Any new info??
  • yes it is asking to retype info if not correct...but mine is and then its says unable to provide info wait for emal....bs
  • This is BS! I called irs other day n they said I'm processing.  Makes no sense.
  • I went to order my transcript and said I will receive the transcripts within 2 weeks....maybe this means in getting mine soon filed on 30 and accepted 31
  • i filed on the 25 jan and i dont have anything it says irs havent even looked at mine idk wth is going on but if they dont get it together its bout to be a riot
  • A friend of mine filed on the 15th and had his refund on the 29th.
  • @ teayerg It is saying I put the wrong infor also..but I know I didn't and I filed on 2-1???
  • Its also saying that i can order them threw the mail...
  • i filed jan1 still pending because of a  depreciation deduction i claimed still no acceptance from irs
  • thank you!
  • i submitted my return on the 25th and i am still processing yet people that filled theirs today and all have already been accepted. i will never use turbo tax again. i didnt even have any education credits
  • I filed my taxeson taxact on jan 29th and the federal was accepted on jan 30th and my state was accepted on feb 1st.... Everytime I go onto the IRS2GO app it says that its being processed but if I check later on the IRS website it says that I may have entered my information incorrectly and to re-enter or enter in additional information, however I know that the information that I'm entering is correct. I also call the 800# and its saying in process.... I still don't have a deposit date. Do anyone knows whats going on???????
  • @photogeek1737 the offices didn't start processing until the 30th so tell your friend he lied.
  • YES i filed on the 10th and it was accepted on 1/28  and its still stuck in processing if there holding because of some form not being ready then they should list that on hold do to form xxx i just dont get it
  • What does everyone expect? The US Gov doesn't have the money. We are bankrupt. They only do shady stuff like print money out of thin air, when they need it, not the people they used to serve. Ever wonder why when they owe us money they say "we'll get back to you," but if you owe them money they charge you crazy interest rates and will steal your assets? They Government does not concern itself with the well being of the People. It is self driven and self motivated. Income taxes and the IRS are both unconstitutional, btw.
  • Knw. I was accepted on the 28th and I'm getting the run-a-round like everyone else.
  • That's not correct.. It has been several people that submitted before the 30th and has received their taxes
  • well i just went on at 10:47pm and it now says we cannot provide any info and to wait 24 hrs after u get the email so ive seen a few ppl say wen it say that in 24 hrs you should see a dd my fingers are so crossed i need this money so bad!!!!!!!
  • not true mine said that yesterday
  • I'm located in Massachusetts
  • whenever i log into turbotax,it tells me 0% percent have recieved their refund, has to be an error on mine cause i know thats not true
  • I filed on Jan 14th, IRS accepted it on the 24th. At first the three bars were there with a DD of Feb. 1st, now the bars are gone and it says my return has been received and is being processed. My friend filed last week and already received his refund......has anyone heard anything about people filing early having to wait longer?
  • mine was excepted on 1/24 and it has been saying processing since 1/30 . guess we are being punished for filing early
  • same here. just spoke to the its they are have some problem with proccessing..
  • This is what I want to know too. It seems a lot of ppl from the 31st acceptance are getting 2/8 for the DD but mine is just showing received.
  • I checked the IRS website today and it told me check back 24 hours after my filing date. I filed on the 30th!!!!!!!!! But when I called this morning it gave me a DD of the 11th :) - so I now know for sure that the website DOES NOT WORK!
  • i filled on the 14 of jan and was accepted on the 24 still everything says processing realy wish i had some info on whats going on
  • My return was accepted on the 25th, so some were accepted before the 30th but I also have form 8863 for education credits, thats my delay!
  • @kitkat95 For most people who have that happen, it goes through as scheduled and it turns out it's just a problem with WMR. Did you check your bank account?
  • Its not Turbo Tax fault. Its congress for holding us up during the so called "fiscal cliff". If you have eduacation credits you won't recieve a refund until 21 days from the 30th of Jan.
  • @ Boom  Yes, and still nothing has been deposited. Im going to call today to see if there is something on the banks end that is delaying it. Thanks!
  • They give you the date that it will be sent to your bank, when I call this morning it said allow your bank time to process it. for example if your date is the 7th your bank could process the same day or a few days later.
  • The ones who recieved theirs early simply got a loan from H&R or Jackson Hewett etc...
  • So, with that being said I didn't get a loan or anything because of course I did mines myself. However, I was thinking maybe something was wrong, because I haven't heard anything yet from the federal. I have a date for my state. You don't get one without the other right? You have to get both? I know I don't owe anything I already checked. I'm just trying to have a better understanding
  • No, the State is totally separate from the feds boo.
  • how many times you check this mornin
  • You can only check once every 24 hours.
  • i filed on the 31st with tt and got acceptance like an hour later!! ive been checking ever since and i still have no dd date! :( freaking sucks...my aunt filed through tax act on the 29 and she received her refund yesterday?? i dont understand this new system but it freaking stinks!!!
  • I talked to someone from the IRS and they gave me a deposit date of the 14th, still dont know why so long out when it was accepted on 1/24 but at least I have a date now.
  • yes i have had the same exact problem totally freaking out here did they kick it out or what? i called they said to wait it was still being orocessed when my co-worker and i filed on the same day she will get her refund monday i dont understand!!
  • I'm in the exact same boat. I filed the 14 got accepted the 24 n nothin.   Still PROCESSING.
  • does anyone  know.... does requesting transcripts actually work??? I want my [Profanity Removed]  money.
  • if any of you used turbotax last year then you know this happened last year. for some reason ur stuck in limbo and it takes forever to hear anything. im in ohio and we usually get fed way b4 state but last year i got my state a week b4 my fed. it sucks and the irs will treat u like an idiot if its b4 ur 21 day mark
  • I finally got someone at the IRS to look up my return and she said that there are absolutely no delays or any other indicators that it would be delayed or flagged but that it is just being processed. Relieved that there was nothing wrong with it but at the same time still frustrated that people that filed way after me are getting or have gotten their refund already. There is no rhyme or reason to the return system this year.
  • @Tink1975
    >no rhyme or reason
    There never is. Every year people ask every person they can "when did you file and when were you approved? Jack filed x and recieved his y but Jill filed x and received hers on z and blablabla" but there is NO CORRELATION between when you file and when your get your refund other than the refund comes after you file. Every year like Alzheimer patients everyone acts like they will wait just as long from the day they file as everybody else. There isn't even an accurate range to go by; you can only rely on [Profanity Removed]  WMR and the even worse IRS hotline personnel- those rude lying [Profanity Removed] .
  • .
  • @ Boom   Tru Dat and then some. Doesn't stop me from asking JAck and Jill when they filed, what their WMR says and can they order transcripts. I think it makes me feel better to know that there are other people in refund pergatory with me. But when I see JAck and Jill filed they day after me and already got their refund, I still freak the eff out.
  • @marco.robinson5 lol I tell all my friends when the offices open and how to file without their W2s etc. and they all just blow it off and file like three weeks after me. Obviously I don't care; it's their money, and I'm just telling them their options. Then they get their returns like two days later and I can't even see if/when mine was sent.
  • I a, exactly where you are.....nowhere.
  • I tried to order my transcript both over the phone and online... It says I can't order they have no record for 2012. Should I be concerned?? Howwvwe I'm not sure what the transcript has to do with anything. I'm confused!!! I called the IRS and she said its still processing and to give them at least 21 days and if I don't see anything new then to call back then.
  • Welcome to [Profanity Removed] . I figure instead of processing refunds, the folks at the IRS are trolling these boards laughing at us poor shmucks thinking we are going to get our money soon. @Sweetnae, I cant order transcripts either so dont freak out yet. Im not sure when or where you filed but a lot of people that have called in have said even though the IRS may have "accepted" our returns on the 30-1st, they didnt actually start doing anything with them until the 4th. Why? I don't know. Really I think coming on these boards is just proving how desperate I am and will believe any piece of good news. The bad stuff....well, that doesnt apply to me. LOL But just FYI, "I've heard" that they are doing a big update tonight (fri/Sat) so maybe by tomorrow, this will all change. I've also "heard" that I hate hearing sentences that start out with the phrase, "I heard". Blah!
  • That's what Turbo Tax said the IRS wouldn't start accepting until the 30th that is when mine was accepted. How did some people get accepted on the 24th?
  • Mine was accepted on the 25th, still says processing. Wth
  • @macro.robinson5 I filed with taxact on the 29th, I got the acceptance email on the 30th for the federal and I got the acceptance for the state on the 1st. However, when I called the IRS she said that they received my return on the 1st instead of the 30th. So none of this make sense to me. Hopefully what you heard is true, I've never had to wait this long before. The refund chart says anyone who filed on the 31st-6th their refund will be sent out on the 15th but the IRS says to give them 21 days .
  • It appears there is a backlog of refunds from the IRS this year (2013).
    Most if not all of those whom are being affected are people whom have filed early.
    In other words it would have been far better if we had waited until a few days into the month of feb.
    The reason is, billions of tax refunds were issued last year to people that obtained the refunds via fraud, those persons tend to have filed early, thus many returns that were filed before jan 30th 2013, are most likely being flagged as a potential risk, thus those tax filers tax forms are most likely being looked over by an actual IRS employee instead of using the IRS automated machines, that read and issue refunds.
    The IRS didn't start excepting returns until Jan 30th 2013, and the "Your tax return is still being processed." status means just that, the return is most likely beign printed up, and or scanned, and then sent to a review folder, in which an IRS agent opens it up and looks at it.
    Once they scrutinize your return, everything checks out, and if their in a good mood, they will change the red flag, to green, and a refund date will be released.
    Btw, I'm in the same boat as the rest.....:(
  • oh wow and where did you get this information from?  I think this whole thing is ridiculous. I only filed mines the day before.
  • I e-filed 1/24 and yes the IRS absolutely did accept me early on 1/26! However being accepted only means they took your return. Accepted isn't the same as approved. I got my refund 2/6 by dd to my bank. I prepaid my fees upfront from my bank. I know tons of people that filed AFTER me that got their money before me and I filed pretty early and had an easy return. Good luck guys! The IRS is messed up. They claim first in-first out, but that's a lie.
  • Oh and I'm still messing around on here because NC is slow as [Profanity Removed]  and I'm trying to get info...
  • Artist101 that's not true. Tons of us filed early and got our money. Filed 1/24 and got it 2/6. Tons filed early and got their money by 2/1.
  • Mine was accepted on 31 still says they are processing not even showing the Orange bar or anything only says processing check back or on the mobile tax to go blah blah blah
  • Here is what irs website tells me anyone else getting this message

Refund Status Results

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
    Please Note:
    For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.
    IRS Privacy Policy
  • i had the same date and got approved and got my money on the 6th. they  are  auditing  more returns this year  my friend has the same message and they told her they are taking a closer look at her return
  • no cause mine was accepted on the 30th and I am having the same issues. just being processed.
  • no bc mine did that 3 days in a row then went back to only aceppected and my brother and husband just got theres back and we all file the same way they just did theres the nexted day so i don't know im still without mine and they are spending like crazy
  • I got the same message the other day. I think it is a glitch that to many people are trying to hit the system at the same time to check statuses and it is overloading itself somehow and that is the only message to show people without flooding the calls to the irs. If we had owed them boy they would be on us like flys to kaka. unreal.
  • I think everybody who file before the 30th & who have education credits & other forms that needs to be updated wont get an answer until the end of this week. All refunds are on hold until than until those above are straighten out.
  • really is that true that all refundshitr, is therehis is bulls are on hold tell the end of this week that is just great my landlord gave me tell the end of the week to pay him his rent ti there anyway you can call and talk to a live person i really need to find out what is going on
  • @amandat_7 1-800-829-1040 call that number I know ppl who have education credit won't be approve until the 14 which means you can get your taxes possibly by the 15th which is that friday. And it just seems like 80% of the ppl who filed early are getting this msg. It's kind of like last yr when ppl filed early & didn't get there taxes until the middle of February
  • Amandat_7 I hope everything works out for you. I hope you don't have children because I can't bear the thought of you guys being homeless. Is there any way your landlord can give you just a little bit more time?
  • & if u do have kids you can go to your local county building & they can provide you with emergency rent money to help u out. I believe up to 1,000
  • Heck...if you're in a bind we could take up a donation for you :)
  • I am in the same situation here. I filed on January 24th and got accepted on January 24th. I am getting the same message. My landlord took me to court and I have to have the money or be out 10days from the day i went to court which was on February 7th. I have 4 kids and a grandbaby with no where to go.
  • Any news yet on your date
  • Still says pending as of 2/15/2013 6:00am
  • MY MOM FILED HER TAXES WITH FORM 8863 IT GOT ACCPTED AND IT SHOWS THE STATUS BAR AS PROCESSING MINE GOT EXCEPTED ON THE 24TH JAN IT SHOW THE STATUS BAR AND NOW IT IS SAYING STILL PROCESSING DATE WILL BECOME AVILABLE THIS MEANS IT IS APPROVED BY IRS AND IS SENT OVER TO THE CALIFORNA OFFICE AND WAITING ON A DIRECT DEPOSIT DATE WHEN THEY FINISH OR GET TO OUR RETURNS SO EVERY THING OK IF SOMETHING WAS WRONG YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A LETTER. SO WE ARE JUST WAITING ON THE DIRECT DEPOSIT DATE WE ARE IN THE LAST PHASE SENT.
  • thats basically a scare tatic the systems were not programmed to take certain forms if thats the case no would get a return until 6 or 7 months down the line the irs does not have time for that to scrutize every early filer dont believe the hype it systems promblems. it called bying time.
  • Artists....I can not follow that...I filed early as I do every year...my tax status....my deductions....my electronic deposit...ETC...hasn't changed in 6 years...no EID....so this is something I do not believe.............
I finally got through to the IRS line where I could actually talk to someone, and they did verify that my refund was mailed off yestrerday, even though the WMR tool shows still processing, so I am good. I dont think anyone is getting any correct info off the WMR tool right at this moment.
  • Thank you for that info I feel at ease now @jwrey2013
  • What new info u get?
  • Well this is strange because I filed my taxes on 01/30/2013 got accepted for federal and state 01/31/2013, and on the wmr it only shows the processing signal but I got an e-mail this morning stating this. We received a direct deposit for your NetSpend account. This deposit is pending and your account is blocked. For your security, we need additional information to make the money available to you and remove the bloc
    We want to make sure you receive your money, please contact us by calling the number on the back of your card as soon as possible. Our hours of operation are 8 AM and 10 PM Monday through Friday and 8 AM to 8 PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time. If we are not able to resolve this before 5:00 PM CST on 02/06/2013, your deposit will be returned to the sender
    We post deposits when we receive them as long as your account is activated and in good standing and the name on the deposit matches the name of a cardholder on your account. If your card has not been activated, please activate it now. If you are receiving a deposit in another name, you will need to add that person as a cardholder on your account.
    Thank you,
    Your Customer ServiceTeam

So I check the Santa Barbara bank and it shows no info but the netspend rep said my funds will be available within 24-48 hrs so just keep checking your cards I'm a witness the IRS is having trouble.      Ordered the card only for tax refund
  • @jwrey2013 is there a certain department you have to speak with... Because when I call they can't never give me any information. they say I have to wait. I filed my taxeson taxact on jan 29th and the federal was accepted on jan 30th and my state was accepted on feb 1st.... Everytime I go onto the IRS2GO app it says that its being processed but if I check later on the IRS website it says that I may have entered my information incorrectly and to re-enter or enter in additional information, however I know that the information that I'm entering is correct. I also call the 800# and its saying in process.... I still don't have a deposit date. Do anyone knows whats going on???????
  • i submitted my return on the 25th and i am still processing yet people that filled theirs today and all have already been accepted. i will never use turbo tax again
  • Be careful with that netspend card. I've heard some awful stuff about people's refunds just disappearing. Google it. And be careful with the type of info you give over the phone and Internet.
  • what is taxact?
  • taxact is a website you can e-file on
  • @jwrey2013 did you opt for a paper check? Just curious bc you said it was mailed out yesterday even though the wmr site was saying "processing"....hoping that means mine mailed out as well as that was the date I originally had.
  • @LYNXINGLASVEGAS yes i did opt for paper check and it was mailed out on the 5th.....WMR tool is just behind i guess...
  • Turbo tax said my federal was accepted on the 30th and I did efile and I chose direct deposit.. So you are saying do even worry about the WMR cause its behind.
  • What message are u getting ? Here is mine
    Refund Status Results

Please Note:
    IRS Privacy Policy
  • How do you check with SBBT about whether they have received your refund etc.?
  • cisc.sbbtral.com
  • This is from 2011.
  • I just checked that web site....are you telling me that the returns won't even be worked on till Feb 14th??....If so this is a crock.............
  • This is an old post
Databases do strange things sometimes when they are under constant hits like we are putting on the IRS system right now.  This tells me they do not exercise the system adequately (i.e., put testing loads on the system pre filing period).  The system should be able to withstand almost any amount of hits.  However it is always possible that a denial of service scheme is going on and other goodies.  If you keep getting these results it is not you it is the system.  Let things calm down for a few hours and try it again.  If it still does it tomorrow it will affect all of us.  They are taking the production systems down Sun most of the day to implement fixes.  That is how it is done currently.....we get the production system the IRS pays for in a competitive bidding vendor situation......scream at your Congressman and Senators, not TurboTax.  
  • thats a bunch of mumbo jumbo!!   Turbo tax is holding onto peoples tax returns..A lot of returns are in limbo because of the education credit..Turbo tax is holding onto the returns until the irs. fixes the so called  glitches.Just send in the tax returns...Should of notified the tax filer when you found out about  the problem, not wait until people filed them, then say--there is a problem.
  • I so agree
  • I'm with you,this is ridiculous! They need to fix it asap
  • Maybe someone can help me! I did mine on the 2nd of Feb....both parties are pending,I was told it was the EDUCATION....and the IRS didn't process that part yet? I don't get whats taking so long,tomorrow will actually be the 48 hour deadline bcz did mine on a friday night....so they start bck wrk on Monday!But seriously what's the hold up? Sheeeshhhhhhhhh then turbotax said early MARCH ill get my refund! #confused#tired#ridiculous# IRS ppl areannoying they no nothing,when asked
  • The IRS has started to process the Education credit but its few and far between the majority of the people who have the education credit will be in proceesing land till Feb 15th if not longer, unfortuanetly. The IRS is playing catch up with just ordinary W-2's some folks have been in processing mode since the 24th on a basic W2.
  • Wow...thankyou tho @dhernandez2..so when can I expect an email,or something to let me know anything or something thats going on?
  • Hopefully by the the 15th but once again your at the mercy of the IRS.
  • Ok thanks :)..wow
  • Wow, that is crazy.  My husband is going to love this one.  So we are looking toward March by the time we get our returns.  CRAZY!
  • Yes,@curren_21...it was huge,it said Jasmine McCall,your refund by early MARCH,I was like great,another [Profanity Removed]  month! :(
  • For some yes and for others no. Once the IRS gets the basic W2's out of the way they will be able to get focus there attention on the Education Credits.
  • my friend filed the 30 th with school credits and got her refund this morning  . She was also thinking 2 or 3 more weeks . had know clue no email but it was in her bank this am.
  • You know you can file without the education credits, get your refund now and then amend your return later? You can so check into it. Not sure how you do it now since you filed, but I bet there is a way so you don't have to wait so long.
  • i filed on Feburary 1st and they said it would be mid march before i will receive feds because the education credit
  • i filed on feb 1st but it was just a simple return with 2 dependents the same as last year but with no education credits so will I have to wait til then also?
  • Are you serious march? [Profanity Removed]  I'm upset because I got education credits also they are really tripping this year I had education credits last year also but I received mine the 1st of February and I filed on the 20th of January they are really taking it over board
  • i filed  and was accept on the 26 january . the message said IRS accept my return early,  but want be processing to 30th. i still do not have a dd yet.. the same thing happen last year too my Federal was late.. when i talk to someone on here tt they said i should have it on Feb 11, but still pending on the IRS site. so i dont know what to believe anymore..
  • The education credit filers are being held back because of TT faulty database, Intuits link to the IRS.gov site with the Publication, right there in front of you states that the returns that ARE being ACCEPTED and education credits filers is there. There is also a list of forms that ARE NOT being accepted, guess what the education credit is not listed their either. A lot of hold back because of Turbo Tax, if you notice this problem is most from TT users, nobody else has this problem, if they do its only because of the usual delay of being processed, that always takes a week or two. I say lawsuit on Intuit, guaranteed being a finance and IT professional you will find something that went wrong with Intuits database. This is just same old same old with Intuit, I've been sucked in and scammed on all their products, Hosting sites, QuickBooks (which is where most fraud comes from ask any auditor) Website designers stole my money and never finished the job, all Intuit products.
  • turbotax  has nothing to do w the education and other credits that the irs doesnt have ready blame yr congressman and senatores there the ones turbo tax did have something that poped up knowing how some people are they just want there refund u prob didnt read it or did and just dont remember
  • i talked someone today as mine has been processing since 1/30.  there are some that when they came in they were put on 7 day hold before they even start to process it because so many came in the very same day.
  • So ours were on a 7 day hold?
  • 11 days for me
  • If you have included education credits using Form 8863, on your tax return, your status will continue to be "processing" until mid-February, according to the IRS, as they will not begin processing/accepting those returns until that time.  Once you receive that "accepted" status during mid-February, your return will be within 21 days.

So in essence, if you filed for education credits, you won't be seeing a refund until at least the first or second week of March.  

Don't yell at the messenger....

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-To-Accept-Returns-Claiming-Education-Credits-by-Mid-February
We filed on the 27th., got accepted on the 28th, and we are still being processed. I was just able to order a return transcript (I think so at least...It said they have accepted my request and to please allow 5-10 days to review it), but does that really mean anything? This was the first time I have tried to order a transcript. I am starting to feel like I will never get a DD.
  • Masec2 did you get a dd yet?
  • I did. I finally got a dd yesterday morning (the day after I requested the transcript) of February 8th, so hopefully it will be in the bank tomorrow. We'll see!
  • Please let me know? I had the same issues with the transcript  hoping for an update tomorrow. Good luck.
  • I checked this morning and it is in SBBT, so I think we are good to go!
  • How do I request a transcript
  • How do I request a transcript
me too
    Yeah I have the same thing! I filed on the 10th and got accepted the 28th and have had this message the while time as well.... Maybe I will call the IRS Monday and find out what's going on!
    • Unfortunately I had the same issue and called today because the irs2go app said to call a number with a specific extension but when I called she didn't help just said she can't look anything up until after 21 days.
    • did the same thing yesterday the woman put me on hold for some reason to look up stuff and told me that there was nothing wrong with my return and that if after the 21 day period I didn't have my DD to call back lol glad I listened to her yap and waited on hold for a total of 30 mins to hear what I had already known lol
    I finally have a dd of February 8th!! I couldn't believe it when I saw that second bar lit up this morning. Good luck to everyone else waiting. I hope you get some good news today too!
    • @masec2 Did you file with the education credit?
    • Silver- I did not file with the education credit.
    • Thank you @masec2
    • Masec2 how long after u received Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available...  did u receive your dd.. or were able to order a transcript
    • What day was yours accepted?
    • i was accepted on 1/31/13
    • I filed on the 27th and was accepted on the 28th. I only learned about ordering transcripts on Tuesday, but I was able to order it on the first try. My dd was given the next day (yesterday.) I had the generic 21 day message prior to that. I hope that helps!
    • You are right cause I was given a dd myself few hours ago
    • Ok So I am thinking I should try ordering transcripts... seems to work
    • I was able to order my transcripts a couple of days ago  and my return was accepted on 31  here is what I get when GO to the website

Refund Status Results

Please Note:
      IRS Privacy Policy

Not sure when I will get mine it's only been 8 days since it was accepted and they told us 21  days so we will see
    Hello everyone, I just want to say that I have been using turbo tax for a few years now. I usually receive my refund on my atm card or get sent a prepaid card. I know waiting is a pain in the butt and can be stressful. I just want to let everyone know that every year it has ttaken no longer than two weeks for my refund. Also I use the the free forms and have have only filed my w2's no education or special deductions. As I anticipating my refund for I am currently unemployed. Hang in there turbo tax is a very good program!
      Monday 2/4 still says processing.. accepted on the 24th..total [Removed Profanity] 
      • same here
      • I think we might be one of the bad lots.  For some reason on certain days processing went awry, and this seems to be our lucky day.  A return I filed the 28th is set to be processed on Feb 6th.  Just be patient.  But call up the IRS and ask them if processing sucked that day.  They might tell you.
      • How do you get a hold of a real person?
      • I called the 800 number on the wheres my refund page-- can't remember it, but ends in 1040.  I pressed the option for individual income tax, NOT REFUND INFO.  they give you about 7 options and say if your option isn't listed, hold.  I held for 7 minutes, and was told that I need to give it 21 days.  If no refund by Feb. 15th, then call back and then they'll investigate.  ERGH!!!
      • so were screwed for filing too early ....they should process ours first not the other way around total BS i hink were just siting in a pile and when they get done doing the ones just filed they take a couple off the early filed ones
      • Yes I filed mine first and its saying the same thing... I helped my mom file hers and she already got it back on the first!! Doesnt make since i filed before her!!
      • Same here me and my mom filled on the same days the 16th and the IRS accepted it on the 30th. Up until today the three status bars have been there saying "RECEIVED" now the bars are gone and I'm getting the same message "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available"  !! My mom has already received her refund as of today. When I call the IRS they tell me its doing just that being processed !! RUDE She said if there is an issue with my refund the status will show a reference number and it will say to call the IRS with that number. TOTALLY BLOWS !!!
      • Ok, so my mind works overtime when it comes to this refund stuff... ok, so I tried to do our taxes on the 7th when the w-2's came in and well TT stated they were still awaiting forms and that the forms would be available on the 10th.. so early afternoon on the 10th I finished with our taxes and submitted them and got that little message that the IRS was not accepting returns until the 30th but yet got that lovely email that the IRS accepted our return on the 24th....  well.. i wonder if the form that I had to wait for has something to do with possibly being stuck in an IRS system that was not updated and that is why we are still stuck in that processing mode with the old WMR with no bars but only will say that it is still processing and a refund date will be issued when available... makes me think that with it being accepted on the 24th that their system wasn't ready for that form that I just so had to wait for and now it has to be hand processed... kinda makes sense if we have a longer wait period and the fact that we don't have any bars on this WMR and the fact that the IRS2GO app will not find anything on us what so ever but the hotline and WMR states "still processing".... any one else think it has something to do with forms that came in late and then submitted to the IRS before the 30th and now maybe being hand processed instead of computer processing?
      • Just wondering if anyone that's having this problem filled Earned Income ??
      • Same status as most of you.  Accepted on the 26th, still says processing on MWR.  I got my state refund back yesterday, first time ever getting state back before federal.
      • She got what back her return
      • Yes I do I got the EIC and child tax credit and I assume its taking longer since those are high fraud credits
      • Ok now when I check my status it gives me this message.......We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS. I've already gotten the email on Jan 30th that they received it and its being processed, now it says this !!!! WTH is going on ? I'm so frustrated with this and the IRS does not help :(
      • Have you tried to check it more than once today? There is a limit as to how often you can check it daily. It is either 3 or 4 times. Then it will kick you out and display the message you are getting, and you'll have to wait until tomorrow to check it online again. But I still believe you can call to check it.
      • Yes I have checked it quit often, thank you so much :)
      • I agree see my long post elsewhere about this subject.
      • Remember the IRS only updates once a day on the WMR
      • so what are the deposit dates a girl on here said either wednesdays or fridays...any truth???
      • No thats not true about deposit dates my fiance just got hers direct deposited this morning. She did not use Turbo Tax she used Tax Act but nonetheless she still got her federal refund today.
      • I efiled 1/30 was accepted 1/31 jus ordered my transcript is this a Sign my DDD is soon?
      • yes i have earned income and i am getting this message.  we are also getting a pretty decent size refund.
      • datawoman ~where did you get info about people on the 26th will be processed on 6th?
         when i called yesterday a guy said they keep having to put them thru over again its crazy! LOL!!! hopefully its all figured out soon
      • what state?
      • Hey that would make sense.  If we are in a fatal loop programmers know what that means.  it is a bug and we won't get resolved until they find and fix it.  This is very useful info. Thanks.
      • I got my state taxes back already still waiting for my federal. I got accepted on the 30th the one thing i am upset about is that turbo tax had me getting 879 for state and i only got 185 cause the state redid the return. aint  that something. I am upset cause i am still pending status with no date or info yet i got my state refund already and my home heat credit for michigan too in the mail no less are you kidding me I paid over 80 dollars for this crap to take forever and looks like i am going to keep waiting or wait the full 21 days when jackson hewitt and hr block has refunds back 5-7 days when efiling and no it is not loans for the refunds either. I had great luck last year with turbo tax dunno if i will do it again i wasted alot of money for nothing very unhappy with their service
      Filed 1/30, accepted 1/30.. no DD yet. WMR now says still being processed blah blah.. however I no longer am getting the bar with the 21 day message. I can not order my transcripts.. and the IRS lady was just rude to me, saying it's the luck of the draw and not to listen to your friends.. when i never said anything about my friends or that anyone told me anything. So that was quite rude of her.. other than that she told me it takes 3 wks to process, which obviously is not true since ppl are getting their refunds already. i'm starting to get depressed as I needed the money as in yesterday. So thank you IRS, b.c of your stupid delay b.c your the IRS and you can do whatever you want I will be driving around with expired plates.. 
      • Im beginning to think Turbo Tax for some reason is having issues. Tax Act seems to be going very smoothly. I got accepted on the 28th still processing through Turbo Tax. My fiance filed on the 30th and get her direct deposit this morning and she filed at Tax Act. I was in the bad batch last year through turbo tax which delayed my federal refund by 2-3 weeks looks like a repeat again for me and alot of others.
      • My husband filed on the 27th got accepted on the 30th and had his tax money in his bank account yesterday 2/4. I filed on the 12th got accepted the 24th and mine is still processing.
      • What kind of issue was there last year? Were you also accepted and processing for a while last year? I am in the same boat and was also accepted on the 28th. That stinks... I really hope there is not an issue. Have you tried ordering your refund transcript?
      • Don't Even bother calling. Stupid wench talked over me, ignored my question and hung up on me. All I wanted to know was if we had a problem on our forms or not. Her name was Mrs Kilroy. Couldn't get her number. Rude [Profanity Removed]  wench.
      • i filed on the 31st but i still havent got any kind of email nofication. its been way over 48 hour window. my status still says pending
      • I had this same issue now have a dd day for Feb 6.. Relax folks this means you are in your last phase before your return is complete... check tomorrow morning most of you will have a deposit date...
      • which issue? and when did you file @ lstewart?
      • Last year when I filed with Turbo Tax there was some sort of glitch on the Turbo Tax system on certain dates. Last year I was accepted on 2-2-12 refund expected on 2-15-12 however it did not post in my account till 2-29-12.  Do not truly know this year if this is a Turbo Tax issue or a IRS issue or maybe a combination of both. Nothing has changed on my taxes from last year so who really knows.
      • The processing I do not believe took this long it was the actual deposit on the federal funds hitting the account. I think that was where the glitch was last year for some through Turbo Tax.
      • NOBODY had their returns accepted or sent to the IRS until the 30th. Just because you filed with TT doesn't mean it went anywhere until the first FEDERAL DATE for acceptance. Which was the 30th. Those of you that keep asking about transcripts-TT allows you to print when you Efile-what is different about the transcripts themselves?
      • Alathea the jury is still out on that topic
      • Supposedly if you are able to request your Return Transcript (not Account Transcript) from the IRS site, your refund has been approved and is just waiting on a dd. If you try to order one and and it declines you, your refund has not been approved yet and is still processing. I am not sure how much truth it holds, but tons of people on here swear by it.
      • Alathea, you are incorrect, irs started excepting returns early 2/22 to be exact.  Refunds were processed on the 30 but returns were accepted for early processing.
      • this may sound stupid but what is the return transcript and where can I request it?
      • The transcripts are provided by the IRS and provide a line by line account of your return......it is basically what the IRS has recorded in their system once your return is PROCESSED......Turbo tax does not provide transcripts they provide a copy of what was sent into the IRS that is why on IRS.gov there is a spot under tools that gives you the option to order your transcripts....if your return has not been processed it will NOT allow you to order your transcripts..........I was able to order mine Friday and not before and saturday morn I had a dd of 2/6, today my funds were in SBBT and per SBBT have been forwarded onto my bank account with a trace number at that.......
      • If your return transcript is ready for 2012, it means your return has finished processing and you should have a dd soon.  Irs.gov look for transcript.
      • Yes LOL.....my last comment was directed at alathea because I hate when people give bad info
      • so transcript page is saying my address is not the same as what they have on file...are we suppose to include the number or just the street name?
      • I believe it was both when I did mine but just the street address no city or state
      • @kelbellz its saying my address does not match what they have on file??
      • did you file a joint return?  I know for mine I had to put my hubbys social not mine
      • How is providing information from the IRS 'Bad info'?  Originally they would have accepted on the 22nd, but that date was moved to the 30th due to negotiations in Congress. That they pulled a statistical blips worth of returns as a hot run of the system is not an excuse to post on an internet forum that "The IRS started accepting on the 23rd". You were an outlier, perhaps, but not the norm. The official acceptance date was the 30th, and so in that I am not incorrect. as for obsessing over the split second that one's return will post, its a bit ridiculous. No one had this money for the other  11 months out of the year. Its not as if all of ones' bills are suddenly due in February 2013 at Tax time.
      • That means it isn't finished being processed.
      • It doesn't matter what they are spending their money on its their money, you don't know someones financial situation to judge why they can or cannot be stressed about THEIR money......bad information is telling someone they are wrong about something when its not the truth....obviously people did get accepted early and I have personal friends who also got their money on both 1/31 and 2/1 and mine is in the SBBT account today.......and being someone who had an early acceptance our emails stated that no REFUNDS would be processed having been early accepted NOT no returns will be processed....that is what I mean by bad information....people get stressed about money whether its to save, spend, pay bills or in my case moving and buying a home......it doesn't help people to be told things that aren't true just because it wasn't your experience......they are really on here looking for information from people who can tell them what really did happen and not speculation.......
      • And dispensing information based on 1% of filers being early accepted is any more responsible? So some people got accepted early- 99% of the rest of the country couldn't file until the 30th.
      • That is exactly what I am talking about.....you keep your negative attitude and see how that works out for you LOL
      • and also if you paid attention to the threads you would know that even people who filed on 1/30 got accepted and refunded already so...........its not just early filers getting their money quick.......
      • I was accepted early too, however I was under the impression that no returns would be processed till the 30th. Good catch on that though. I'll need to look at the language a bit clearer next time! Returns and refunds are very different. If they did indeed start processing returns early then I'm truly miffed as to why I don't have my money. I filed 1/24! And I have my withholdings right where I want. My checks are larger yet I get a little bit back instead of having to owe. But I still want my check. I'm saving for a house!
      • My transcripts cant be ordered. It will let me get into mine but then states I need to use my husbands info to get 2012 return. So I tried and it says information doesn't match our system.. pain in the  rear. going on 7 days for me processing.
      • My 'negative attitude' has worked fine for the last 36 years. I anticipate many more. As for the rest, still outliers.
      • I can tell by the IRS funds in your bank my friend.....Karma is a nasty nasty lady LOL
      • @chatty-I honestly don't think there is an order to the returns being processed because I too waited a little longer than some that filed after I did and I had just processing on the WMR until saturday morning when it gave me the direct deposit date....Hope you get your's soon :)
      • I was part of that horrible glitch last year too. I filed 2/5 and was unable to be found in WMR for 3 weeks! Finally week 4 I showed in the system but I didn't get my refund till 2/29. They told me 3/6 at first, then switched it to 2/29. It was really stressful cause they couldn't tell you a thing! It took me 9 weeks to get my nc refund too!
      • Me too last year I got my return mid march.......
      • I am in NC too
      • Hey do you guys know if that transcript is considered an official IRS transcript? I need to have a copy for school, will that suffice?
      • Lucky for me, then, that I don't 'need' them.
      • Neither do I but I sure do feel lucky to have it especially with my brand new home we just bought........haven't you ever watched oprah?? You put positive out and positive will be returned to you....good luck I hope that you can learn to be less judgmental to people and maybe be of a little more positive assistance to people especially those who "need" their refunds considering some people have lost jobs, have been forced to be single parents on one income...... and lets not forget that a refund is an over payment to the government so that is their hard earned money they worked for simply being returned to them after the IRS sat on it all year
      • but no worries I will be positive for the 2 of us LOL......
      • @chatty I think that is what you need....they will send them to you in the mail....
      • That's so funny you're in NC too! You sound like such a sweet person! Glad you get your refund soon! I truly don't need the money and I feel bad that some so desperately do. I just like to see my savings get bigger! I see you bought a house you said, that's what I'm saving for! Almost there! So excited!
      • not at all i have an apartment number but IDK..and I'm getting so stressed over this??lol
      • LOL thanks I try to be ;) you do also but when I see someone just being negative for no reason I try to remind them to be sensitive to others and no one really knows someone else's situation to judge it......Like they say, kill em with kindess right?? :D  Southern hospitality is the way to be......be kind to your neighbors and such.........Hope you get yours soon and get your new house ;) we are moving in 22.5 days, but who's counting anyways.....I do  love to see savings get bigger, we saw it get smaller with the new house and are pretty much just going to be putting it back LOL.......
      • Exactly! I'm already starting to dread departing with our savings but like you said, just build it right back up! Congrats to the fullest on your new home! Enjoy and hope those 22 days fly by!
      • Hmmm.........check your return and see how it is on there maybe there is a small difference that would make it not be found.....
      • Yea I did that. Couldn't find it with the old address either. Guess hubby doesn't exist yet lol
      • Aww thanks :0) Where in NC are you from??
      • first of all its the peoples money..Try delaying taxes when you owe the irs, they will want their money asap..also how long does it take to program a [Profanity Removed]  computer to accept returns. My goodness should take a day or two to do this.
      • with interest LOL......
      • everybody relax the system is workin just a lot more people r filin now than last couple of yrs, so it pilin in fast . Yes ur return is processing. agents have to sign off on this. it usually takes 10 to 20 days for ur return depending on where u sent it from. I sent mine on Jan. 9th and got it back on the 21st. if u get a money card it is usually an extra week 4 the (processing). be patient it WILL come.
      • So mine was accepted but it says it is still being processed. However let me order a transcript of my refund for this year. It send something about "We have received your request and will send them to you in 5-10 business days."
      • I tried to order an transcript for both myself and my fiance and it said that it was "unavailable"...what does that mean?
      • Me too, I tried today and it was unavailable. Im in the same boat.
      • I don't think turbotax is having an issue, it's just that the irs or certain states have not begun processing yet.  I filed 2/1, have seen nothing yet and finally called the irs minutes ago.  There was a glitch with form 8863 in their system and they are currently working on that.  There are 30 other forms being loaded to their system and I was told it will be mid to late February before processing starts. I understand that if you have filed state tax, that will be processed first in this particular case.   The nice man at the IRS said they are scrutinizing closely for identity fraud, so I would imagine that could slow things up a bit.  I guess I could get [Profanity Removed] , jump up and down, carry on, hoot and holler and act silly, but that won't give me my refund any sooner.  I am not in control of this.  I need the money like everyone else but I can't do anything about it.  We must all relax a bit (I say this lovingly) and I will pray that yours comes in sooner than mine if you need it more.
      • My transcript stated unavailable until today. I was able to order mine but WMR has me locked out for any additional information. People are saying if you can order your transcript then your taxes have been processed and a direct deposit date will soon follow. I guess I will find out within the next couple of days.
      • it means they haven't been processed as of yet
      • well you know if the shoe on the other foot and you owed them money they would be all over you with penalties and letters wanting there money like yesterday. But when we are just asking for what is ours; what we over paid, they treat you like a thief and your trying to cheat them out of their money. Well I only want what’s mine and i should not have to wait until they decide I can have it back,
      • alathea please don't post unless you know what the [Profanity Removed]  you are talking about!!! U have clearly been misinformed boo.
      • @juicy use this format for address ( 123 w main st apt. a) said mine wrong when i didnt use a period after apt
      • i think they updating their IRS site now.. so good luck everyone ..
      • so the address 65 post rd apt 2-b, how would you write that @viking
      • Yes, I'm starting to believe that also
      • Nice answer!!!
      It appears there is a backlog of refunds from the IRS this year (2013).
        Because of the new tax laws going into effect, the IRS delayed accepting tax returns this year. If you have deductions like education credits you may have to wait until end of February for them to start accepting those. Other more complicated deductions and credits won't be accepted until later. If it is just a 1040ez they will start accepting them this week. You guys are on the internet, use it's resources to find out what's going on before getting irrate.
        • Well great. I'm a student. I was counting on my return to start my next class. Guess I'll be waiting til the next quarter. Just lovely.
        • That was kind of dumb. You should have had school figured out already before depending on the 'possibility' of a tax return in order to pay for it. Good grief. Im a grad student and I know that.
        • Again to all you students you can file without the education credits and then amend your return later. But at least you'd get your money faster.
        • No @alathea its not dumb you jerk. People rely on their taxes f9 lots of thing because we're told we will get them during a certain time
        • i submitted my return on the 25th and i am still processing yet people that filled theirs today and all have already been accepted. i will never use turbo tax again. i didnt have any education credits
        • I totally agree Dopestar510, I need my money, but all of the issues have been noted on the IRS website, Turbo's website, the news, etc.  I think we all think they should act swiftly, but don't forget the fiscal cliff.  I read where the IRS has to re-program and test their systems after the government finally figured out what they were going to do.
        • Mine was also accepted on 1/31/13 and did not qualify or take education credits none of those that have been delayed all mine says is that it is being processed ,,,I know someone who used tax act and hers was accepted on 2/6/13  and she already had DD
        • I used taxact mines was accepted on the  31st but I still don't have a DD yet.
        • 2/13
        Same here, accepted on the 24th and  as of today Sunday the 3rd it still says "being processed a date will be provided when available" totally sucks.
        • I wonder how they are updating the systems or if they are processing on Sunday I don't know I'm here patiently waiting I called the irs and they told me that turbo tax said it was accepted on the 24th meaning transmitted but that they received it and started to process on the 28th so it's been a couple of days and I haven't gotten an answer just here waiting
        • I am in the same boat as you.  System seems totally random as to when it processes and pays.  Liked the old reg set weekly schedule better.  This seems to be full of bugs.....will never file early again.
        • So if you file early their pretty much going to take their time??
        What is the refund hotline Number? My taxes was accepted on the 30th and I am still on the processing bar and I havent received a DD date and when I check all it says that its processing.
        • 1-800-829-1954
        • I filed the 31st got a acceptance from TT and on the irs website it still says processing its going on 7 days WTH
        • I got my 2012 transcript from the irs website. Does that mean anything as people are saying
        • I tried to get my transcript and it keeps telling me over and over that my address is incorrect which is BS!
        • sandsbrandy- I ordered my transcript yesterday and received a Feb. 8 dd today. I think it does hold truth. GL!
        • hello (:
          It did that to me too when I tried to order online yesterday so I tried the ordering transcript 800 number which is 1-800-908-9946 then it allowed to me try to order without the crap of " my address or info doesnt match their records" which is incorrect because that hasnt changed with them since 1996. It wouldnt let me order transcripts which was a drag (because I am still processing) but thats all. I havent tried today. It is a fact you cannot order transcripts for any tax year that they havent first ACCEPTED your filed return for that year, and it has completed PROCESSING through the IRS. AS what you transmit to the IRS has not gone through fraud/security or accuracy checks yet (their checks) , so therefore that is why when you apply for a mortgage etc.. they need actual transcripts in  most cases not just copies of your tax returns you send as anyone can file anything...saying anything..doesnt mean it is accurate UNTIL the IRS HAS ACCEPTED (step 1), then PROCESSED it ( step 2). Only after processing is complete can and will you get a DD date. I hope this helps everyone .I am a very experieced tax professional and glad to be of help.
        • normal average processing is 7-8 business days from the acceptance date. (But dont count the actual accepted date as one of those days if your time stamp is past 11am) fyi
        • @ Garret, I filed on February 1,2013 when should expect to be out of the processing faze? it was a simple return with 2 dependents. and my state has told me they need me to verify my children by any chance do you know what could this mean?
        • you guys need to be patient..
        • I filed the 30th FED accepted on the 31st. Still says being processed, wait for 21 days. No DD set....I am not worrying, I just like the system last year a lot more!
        • Agreed patience!!!!  Give it at least 14 business days if you filed the EZ form
        • same thing here
        • Mine accepted on 1-31-13 here is what mine says
          Refund Status Results

Please Note:
          IRS Privacy Policy

Does anyone else's say this?
        Has anyone asked how long our [Profanity Removed]  processes for?
        • I called today because the irs2go app told me to call extension 362. They said nothing can be done until the required 21 days. They will not help nor look up anything unless you have an error code
        • normal processing IF your return isnt flagged for addional REVIEW is approx 7-8 business days MON-FRI, NOT calendar days. Also understand this is an AVERAGE. Once it completes processing them they order or clear it for refund. It will either be scheduled or FUNDED for a DD date then, or a paper check mailed. If they have to mail you a paper check then it will delay it a week and they are usually mailed on fridays. If you have any offsets and your check has to be reduced accordigly in most cases then they cut and mail a physical check not a DD eventhough you may have requested a DD through your tax professional or service.
        • what do you mean by flagged? @garrett
        • flagged means chosen or selected for manual review, either by just random a small percentage of all returns in each batch are chosen for either manual review or have a second "look" in ther fraud dedtection/identity theft protectors that can cuase a flag. A flag doesnt mean you wont get your refund if it is legally due to you. It just means it will take longer to process than the norm. If you have not received a message though on WWR then there is no need to worry because the IRS has stated they will notify you if they need you to contact them or call, or act in anyway. Otherwise you are just within the 21 day norm.
        • Mine was accepted on 1-31-13 and this is the message I'm receiving so basically they have had my return for 8 days...but I haven't received a message from IRS to contact them or anything only this message
          Refund Status Results

Please Note:
          IRS Privacy Policy
        I had a DD of Feb 7th yesterday and refund approved and this is what I get this morning:

Please Note:

No money, no nothing. WMR can't find my return by my SS# but will find it through my husbands.............what is going on!!??
        • I should also mention that I ordered my transcript days ago..............
        • I experienced the same thing. A few people said they called after that happened to them and were told it's a problem with WMR and they still have the same date. PLEASE let us know if your deposit goes through as scheduled so we can confirm this! My date was 2/6, but I'm getting a check by mail so I have no way of knowing if it was sent. If you do get your dd tomorrow, please let us know what WMR says for you then.
        • any deposit yet lifeisa?
        I E-Filed mine on the 16th, and it got accepted and processed on the 30th....Then I checked WMR and it said it was accepted and had a date to be mailed on Feb 5th.  Then when I checked the WMR tool on the 5th, it doesnt show the three bars anymore, it just says they have recieved it and it is still processing. This is very frustrating, as they told me once that it would be sent out on the 5th and now it saids its processing. WHAT THE [Profanity Removed]  IS GOING ON, and does anyone else have this issue?
        • I also have this issue. I filed through TurboTax around the 18th and was accepted (early) on the 24th. On the 30th, I had the pretty little bars all lit up and it said, ACCEPTED>APPROVED> with a send/dd date of Feb 5th. Now, I get the "processing" bit every day. I have two close friends who also filed through Turbo Tax and already got their refunds. I'm getting very frustrated as well. I know it will take longer for a check, but still...why "processing" and no more bars???
        • I called the IRS and spoke to a live rep and she looked up my info and verified that my refund check was mailed out on the 5th..
        • What number jwrey?
        • wats that number
        • 800-829-1954
        • this is the number to speak to someone.. 1-800-829-0582  ext 362
        • Is this the IRS #?
        I originally filed the 24th. I was not accepted early and my returns were still pending. When I learned about the education credit delay, I went and filed at TaxAct. It was accepted. That was the first. I just got a DD of February 8th today! If you're pending (has not been accepted and you have education credits) GO RE FILE! 

Good luck everyone!
        • So when you first filed were they accepted ever???
        • Did yours say accepted and processing and en you refiled?
        • if i take the education cridit of and refile i will looseabout 3,000 in my return can i refile later and add that in
        • yes but it takes 3 to 4 months to amend your taxes you have to mail then to the irs
        My return was accepted on the 24th and is still processing.
        • I am having the same issue.  It is getting really old watching people who filed almost 2 weeks after me get their refund and I am still in processing.  There is no reason, no major changes, nothing for us other than the birth of a child but since we have 5 anyway it doesn't change anything really because of the 3 tax credit limit.  I honestly feel that there is an issue because of my husbands combat pay which is just an additional slap in the face.
        • I have had the same return for 7 years....pension...social security....mortgage deduction...and normal deductions....still screwing with me...........
        Just follow the link and you should have the answer from the IRS
        http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Kicks-Off-2013-Tax-Season
          I filed on the 30th and was accepted the same day.
          At WMR...it still says processing and I will receive my refund within 21 days.
          I already received my state refund.
          • Is this for ny state mines say the same thing!!

Same as you except accepted on the 31st!
          I filed on the 2nd of February and was accepted that day for Federal.  I checked last night (Feb 6th) and it still said processing, then I checked again this morning (February 7th) and it said the refund was approved, with a direct deposit date of the 11th of February.  As for my state (Utah), it hasn't been accepted yet, and it appears they are having problems with their system and I have to wait another week before I can check if they received it.  Oh well, at least Federal will be deposited soon!
            I am located in Michigan I filed on 1/30 it was accepted by the irs on 1/30.  I contacted them to verify that they in fact received it on 1/30. Now as of today I am not able to order my return transcript either. The website has been changing from the orange bar to you should receive your refund in 21days. As of yesterday it is now saying Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available". No other messages at this point just really don't understand the message. Any who must kepp on waiting unfortunately.
            • OK LISTEN I GOT THE MESSAGE STATING Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available... I TOOK ANOTHER GIRLS ADVICE AND CALLED TOLD THEM I HAD A REFERENCE CODE... THE VERY NICE GUY TOLD ME THE IRS DID FIND A SMALL ERROR ON MY RETURN AND THEY WERE ABLE TO FIX IT... HE ALSO TOLD ME IT WAS NOTHING MAJOR AND GIVE IT THE 21 DAYS... HE SAID I DONT HAVE A DD YET BUT I WILL SOON.... SO IM HOPING SINCE THEY ALREADY FIXED MY MINOR ERROR O WILL HEAR SOMETHING SOON...
            • My status on WMR has NEVER changed. It's said your return is being processed and the 21 day BS since the 30th. I can't get anyone on the phone to give me any answers. I don't understand how some of you are getting info out of the dragon ladies. I can't order my transcripts as of 5 min ago. I'm beyond frustrated and at this point ready to cry. Yes I'm an adult, but I need this money. I didn't count on it thank god...but I still need it. It's just very disheartening to see people who filed on 2/3 now getting DD dates. I know that there are no issues with my return so I don't understand how I always wind up in these weird glitches ie. last years hold. I would just really like one solid...concrete...true thing to be told to me.
            • msxoticpotion41 - Have you received an updated status?  I was given the same information and was told that my return would now got thru normal processing.  Spoke with an IRS Agent yesterday who was very nice and found that my return was manually reviewed. She wasn't able to give me a DD date but said i should have additional information by the end of the week 2/15 and possibly a dd.
            I filed on the 12th, received a text from Turbo on the 25th saying my forms have been accepted. On the 30th i checked my account and my refund was pending then on the 31st it went though but if i look at turbo my info still says processing.
              Getting really annoyed. Filed on the 31st, accepted 20 min later and still on the 1st bar of WMR since then. Can't order transcripts. I just want to know that my money IS coming and WHEN! Even if its 2 weeks from now.
              • I filed mines on the 29th and  I got a email saying it was accepted on the next day, however when I got off the phone with the IRS they said that they received it on the 1st of Feb. So you might want to call them and see if there's a flag
              • Hope this is a good sign up until 5 minutes ago I was able to order my account and refund tax transcripts.  Hopefully the dd date is right around the corner.
              ?I filed on the 30th with TT i was accepted same day my orange bar on stupid WMR has been processing since the 30th well today it is still on the 1st bar but now says RECIEVED instead of PROCESSIONG ? please help me understand this if you can. Alos my sister filed with TT TWO days after me and recieved her dd in her bank YESTERDAY WTF... i have no special credits just EIC but she also had EIC so it cant be that ....PLEASE HELP
              • this is the same thing happening to me dont feel bad my bother got his yesterday my husbands geting his today and mines still being prossesed and mines going to my bank not a card
               filed on the 18th and was accepted the 28th  and  have the 84%  and I can not order transcripts and I have just one orange bar on WMR   with the 21 day message  and tax topic 152  
              I found out from the IRS yesterday that many returns submitted on 1/30 and 1/31 were not even really accepted by the IRS until 2/4.  I submitted mine 1/31 and received an email from TT saying the IRS accepted that same afternoon. But the rep with the IRS said thats the day they transmitted it but it didn't go into processing until 2/4.  I do not have education credit or anything that would have delayed my return ... and I'm STILL in processing! 
              • same here JMPatience, very frustrating.  Only time will tell.
              I was accepted on the 31st and was in processing until today I have a rd of the 21 so just hold on its coming once ur able to order ur transcript it move quick good luck everyone
                Honestly, your going to get it whenever you get it (Sarcasm to IRS or whatever method they use to process the order of returns).  My return was accepted the 28th i believe and I got the February 14th delay notice email for Education credits (nationwide???)  . Anyways its been 5 days since Feb14th that it still says return being processed..

Side note: I'm talking to my girlfriend (who also filed the Education credit)  telling her to check the WMR site on the14th to see her status. She e- filed 3 days after me using Turbo tax and she says ohhh I received my refund on the 11th.. Processed and direct deposited in ONE day. She never even got a February 14th Delay email.  I think their delays/processing might be all lies, just so people won't bomb their phonelines/WMR more than they already are.

Anyone else fill out an education credit form and get there return before Feb. 14th? magically before the nationwide delay?
                • I have nothing yet. According to them they process the returns on the 14th. So this Friday is a week. Hopefully we get an answer by than. I got accept on the 25th
                • Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is available”
                  I post some one info from another website  "Best answser:
                  BILL B:I filed on jan 26th , Accepted on the 30th and I had the normal message ” Your tax refund is being processed you can expect a return within 21 days” but 3 days ago it changed to the same message your showing ” Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is available” I see ALOT of people have gotten this message ( so thats a good thing ) I tried calling the irs for 3 days and just kept getting RUDE people who wouldnt give me answers but I finally got a nice woman yesterday and she said that it’s showing they didnt recieve my return until FEB 4th. I KNOW that is incorrect, and I saw someone else on here said they told them the same thing.. She says that there are NO errors or “red flags” on my return so it just sounds like the IRS had a mess up in their system and we are the not so lucky ones that had our returns involved in the mess up..She says its processing now but I was also told that about a week ago so whatever the mess up was I just pray they have it fixed and we will be pushed to the front of the line for refund dates.***************UPDATE*********** 02/08/2013 – I was FINALLY able to order my return transcript today which means they are DONE processing my return so I will hopefully have a DD tomorrow or maybe Monday since its the weekend !!!! I will keep posted.**************UPDATE 02/09/2013 ******************* System just updated this morning and I now have a DD of 02/13/2013 !!!!! Everyone with this message DONT WORRY you are NOT being audited it was a mess up on IRS part, nothing to do with HR/JH/TT and you WILL be getting your DD soon! !!! Try to order a transcript from 2012 Return transcript and if it lets you then your done and will have a DD within 2 days IF it doesnt let you order then you are still processing and it will be up to 1 week before you get it.
                • Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is availabl anyone still have this ?
                • yes and i was told if you call or look on the wmr alot your return will be hold for 180 days because there going to put your stuff in the fraud department and you will have to send in alot of paper work
                • lol whoever told you that was lying. big time. Checking WMR doesnt have anything to do with the fraud department.
                • @kayla.bo.bayla a tax preparer told me that, but i hope not i have a status of still pending and that they will let me know when i get a dd
                • yah, thats just ridiculous, doesn't even sound right. I know plenty of people that have checked WMR so religiously that they were kicked off for overuse each day but they still got their refunds and everything was fine.
                • Id like for people to state what kinda tax forms they filed. I file 1099Misc cus im self employed small business owner with deductions and etc. Filed around 2/5 and i had the orange bars saying it was processing and other day changed to NO bars and that a dd date will be provided when available. I paper filed my 2011 (yes forgot to file) and efiled my 2012. over yrs nothing really changes. My tax pro cudnt even start my 2012 until we did the 2011 so all the numbers wud be correct..He did send out an email stating people filing during that timeframe I did maybe delayed due to it being a high time for theft and etc.Ive heard the site is overwhelemed with poeple checking it, which makes most sense to me. If u didnt get a letter or error code, things shud be just fine for you. Was told my return wud come 2/14 that sure didnt happen, but then again I have a more detailed return, seems W2 filers breeze thru the processing part. So id love to hear what kinda return people are filing along with their comments.
                • Sorry I  file a 1040EZ
                • I filed a 1040 with 2 EIC dependents.  Still waiting as most of us are. No education credits claimed.
                • What's happening, my fellow Americans, is our spend spend spend president is keeping our refunds in the Federal coffers for as long as possible...think about it; if the reason our returns weren't accepted until the beginning of February this year was truly because of complicated changes to the tax laws, why aren't We The People being given until, say, April 30 to file?????  Even if the average refund is only $500, multiply that by 100,000,000 tax payers and you get $ 50,000,000,000 (yes, that's $50 BILLION dollars)... quite a tidy little sum, n'est pas?!?
                • Please lets not do the Obama blame game.....that is tired and played out....one man cannot be holding your money even if it is the President!
                • I filed on Jan 18th and was accepted on Jan. 22nd, I filed with using education credits, On the WMR site it says "Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is available” Everyday I tried to order my Return Transcripts and everyday it wouldnt let me until TODAY!!! So maybe I will get my DD soon, Thank you "w.dtucker" for that helpful post you posted earlier, I still get the "Your tax return is still being processes . You will have a refund date as soon as one is available” message but it is early in the morning so maybe that will update tonight and I should get a refund date.
                still nothing
                  UPDATE: I e-filed on the 10th of Jan got accepted Jan 25th and have been processing forever because of the education credits. Yesterday when I went into WMR it couldnt find me!!!!!!!!! BUT I was able to FINALLY order a transcript which before it wasnt available, well as of TODAY I finally have a DDD for Feb 26th!!! Refunds are coming soon!!!
                  • same here filed the 19th accepted the 25th and still processing