Help! I received a 1099-MISC form in the mail AFTER my taxes were approved....now what??

Both my federal and state taxes have been accepted, but I just received a 1099-MISC form in the mail that had an amount filled out under "Non employee compensation," but nothing listed under "Federal income tax withheld" and nothing under "State tax withheld." Do I need to fill out a 1040x to change my original tax return? Thank you in advance for your help!!

So you didn't include this income on your tax return?  If you keep good records you would have known to include it as income before you even got the 1099-Misc.  You don't actually need the 1099 form.

Don't enter it yet. Wait and see if the IRS accepts or rejects your return.  If they reject it you can add it and resend it.  If they accept it you will have to file an amended return.

Read this on how to amend a 2012 return (the amended return won't be available until Feb 7)
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Amend-a-Return/How-to-Amend--Change-or-Correct--a-Return-You-A... 

The amended return is form 1040X and can only be mailed (not efiled) and will take 8-12 weeks or more to process.  And they only send checks for amended returns, no direct deposit.  You should also wait to amend your return until you get your original refund or your payment has cleared because the IRS might adjust your original return.
    • Pretty rude comment "if you kept good records"...I do and this is te first year I received one!,,
    • I agree.  I received a 1099 Misc. Inc. form today for money reimbursed for airfare to attend a conference I was invited to.  I had not idea this was "Nonemployee compensation."  I'm not an independent contractor or any of the other categories.  This was in connection with my job.  What do I do?