what happens if i didn't receive a 1099-Misc

I have what the company paid me however, i do not have the person who paid me id no or ssn

• What if I don't have a company though so no real expenses?
  • You don't need to have an actual company or business to have self employment income.  You ARE the business.  Read answer below.
  • I am self employed.  I already know what my total 1099-M income was for 2013 and I am ready to E-file my federal return.   I have not yet received any 1099’s and do not know if I will receive any.  

Can I efile my return now entering my information directly into schedule C (skipping the 1099 worksheet fill in portion of the walk-thru) as I usually do?
     -or-
    Do I have to wait for any 1099 forms I MIGHT receive and fill out the turbo tax 1099 worksheet before I can E-file?

I.E. - Does the turbotax 1099 entry info attach to my E-File return and is it required by IRS to E-file?
  • Yes you do not need the actual 1099s if you know the total income for the year.  As long as your total schedule C income is as much or more than all the 1099s you are ok.
You can still enter it.  

You need to report all your income even if you don't get a 1099Misc. You use your own records.  You are considered self employed and have to fill out a schedule C for business income.  Enter it under
Federal Taxes Tab
Wages & Income
Choose Explore on my own (if it comes up)
Then scroll way down to Business Items

Business Income and Expenses - Click the Start or Update button

You use your own name and ssn or business name and EIN if you have one.   You should say you use the Cash Accounting Method and all  income is at risk.  After you put in your income and expenses  if your net profit is $400 or more you will pay 13.3% for 2012  Self Employment tax in addition to your regular income tax.  The Schedule SE will be automatically filled out for it.

After it asks if you received any 1099Misc it will ask if you had any income not reported on a 1099Misc. You should be keeping your own records.  Just go through the interview and answer the questions.   Then you will enter your expenses.