Tax Topic 152 questions? Can you help?

I checked "Where's My Refund".  It states it has been accepted.  On the bottom of that page, I clicked on "Tax Topic 152".  It states if I want my refund direct deposited, I must fill that PDF document out and submit it.  Turbo Tax asked if I wanted my refund via direct deposited.  I checked yes as I do every year.  Do I still need to fill out the IRS's PDF document?

• When i checked status, it said the same thing, but i had to pay turbo tax this year? The refund will be coming from a bank.
  • Me too....so it should be by direct deposit
  • so is there anything else i need to do or just wait?
  • mine has the status of topic 152 and processing, but what does this mean? do I need to fill out the form?
  • IRS said it means you are under review
  • got the message this morning
  • WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT HUFFMAN WHAT DOES A REVIEW HAVE TO DO WITH PAYMENT OPTIONS
  • please dont share this kind of info without explanation just to worry people
  • I talked to three different people this morning at IRS finally found someone who would check for me and came back and said it was picking taxes for review you can call yourself
  • Ya, and each time you call, they note your account... you will be one of them...   For gosh sake, go troll another forum

CLICK HERE  http://bit.ly/VGMsu8
  • Only needed to call once I had enough smarts to ask to speak to someone that could give me the answer
  • again for topic 152 http://bit.ly/VGMsu8

Its not anything to be alarmed about.
  • let me take a guess, you are saying under review, but the rep you spoke to didnt look up the code, and instead saw you had form 8863 and are indeed on hold.  Didnt know for what, so just told you that you were under review.
  • if u chose direct deposit do u have to fill out the form...its simply asked me for account and routing information
  • I checked my tax returned today it says no information available at this time, with the form number 152 on the bottom. I know ever thing is correct what does it mean
  • what does under review mean
  • It could mean audit... Or just they need to review your return longer.
    Depends on what kind of message you get.
  • i never have gotten a msg ?
  • Click here  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IRS+tax+topic+152
  • If you didn't get a message how do you know you're under review?
This is the topic that will be displayed when all is normal... it just explains the three methods you can choose to get paid.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152.html
  • No action is necessary for payment, you chose that when you file.  I guess they just dont like that space empty on the WMR site :)
  • SO DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE ALMOST DONE PROCESSING THE RETURN THAT RECIEVED THAT MESSAGE
  • doesnt mean anything other than they are processing.
  • thank you taxpro this relieves my mind.
  • Why are a lot of people saying they called tge IRS and they told them it means it's under review.
  • Because several are stuck waiting on their refunds, and its entertainment for them I guess.
  • That's what I'm trying to figure out... Why are some people getting processed before others?
    I figured if mine was picked for review wouldn't they have let me know by now?
  • That would be correct, as they tell you to watch for instructions on the WMR site, such as needing to call a number or something otherwise all is good.
Okay, so everyone keeps saying this Tax Topic 152 means your under review. I'm sorry but i do not believe that just because, Tax Topic 152 just states the 3 different payment methods for your  refund. If IRS told you it means your under review then, they just told you something to tell you something.. b.c WMR has said that to me since I filed the 1st day. I still do not have a dd date yet, and Idk why but I doubt it's for that reason. I believe it's just still processing b.c EVERYONE is filing and I bet I would be on overload too.. Just b.c it says Tax Topic 152 don't get all worried.. besides if you read what tax topic 152 is.. you'd be asking the same question... 152 is about the different methods of your refund what does that have to do with being reviewed? It doesn't.. again, I think it's just something for the irs to tell you just to tell you something bc they are being slow and they'll take full advantage of the 21 day window. After all, it's the IRS. INADVERTENTLY REALLY SLOW! 
  • Besides I talked to the IRS yesterday.. and she def. never said anything to me about being under review.
  • for topic 152  http://bit.ly/VGMsu8
  • Thanks, but I'm not stupid. I know what Topic 152 is. I can read.
  • was not intended at you.   Huffman is intent on scaring everyone today that it means your under review.
  • Okay. Yeah, it's not... people would understand that if they'd just read what Topic 152 is. I've been letting everyone know that's not the case. And if IRS REALLY did tell whoever that.. it was just to tell them something.
  • However, have you heard anything on the EIC being delayed? I keep seeing ppl say there's a delay but can not find any information (facts) that yes in deed it is delayed. I'd like to be able to give ppl the correct answers as to this.
  • Have not heard that. They are however scrutinizing  a lot of returns that claim dependents as many are claiming and are not supposed to.
  • My disabled mom and my little sister lived with me all year. I helped take care of both of them. How do I claim my sister (she is 10) do I claim her as mine? So I get tax credit?
  • Okay. I thought I didn't get the EIC but I guess I get $1 from  it.. lOl I went and double checked that.. but I thought it took it away from me lOl.. I just have my 3 W2's my 1099 form and I guess I get $1 from EIC. And I filed and accepted 1/30 and no dd date yet..  Was just curious if that "rumor" was true.
  • I just got off the phone with my state (MA) and they are pulling random desk audits with EIC credits attached. TaxPro before you comment it had nothing to do with filing my fed twice!

I lost it on them, I am a state employee and how dare them pull this!! So now i am sure they just throw my file to the bottom of the pile.... They better add interest when they return my refund to me weeks from now! Omg I am turning into someone I don't like, I truly have never felt so much rage in my entire life! I have filed with EIC for 21 years, how dare them do this to a single parent thats a low income taxpayer. They could at least issue the 800+ i paid in and then send the eic $$ when they take there heads out of there A##.... omg this is nuts!!!!
  • Does your wmr say anything about them reviewing it?
  • So Amanda, you are saying you are one of the ones being pulled for desk audit?  I was not sure what you were saying.

Again, though, this has nothing to do with having "refer to tax topic 152" at the bottom of the WMR page.
  • Someone above said the IRS may be pulling returns with EIC credit and I said my state is pulling returns too, Jeez...
  • You claim her as your dependent and when theyask questions you would place relationship type. Mae sure you put she lived with you and that you supported her you will also have to ensure you fill out section for EIC and Child Tax credits you will get the EIC for her depending onwhat you made for the year. You can also claim your mother as long as she isn't claiming hersel or no one else is claiming her. You won't get any money fo your mom but it will be a tx deduction
  • I have had that tax 152 topic come up each year for me and it means your getting close they are done with your taxes and have identify how you would like you tax money delivered.   So chill everyone!   Your getting your money!
Tax topic 152 says to fill out form 8888 if you want to SPLIT your refund between up to 3 different accounts.   There is nothing to fill out for a DD to a single account.
  • Why are some people receiving that tax topic 152 at the bottom of their screen? And some aren't?
Topic 152 - Refund Information
Taxpayers have three options for receiving their individual federal income tax refund:
  • direct deposit (electronic funds transfer) into a checking or savings account, including an individual retirement arrangement (IRA);
  • purchase of U.S. Series I Savings Bonds; or
  • paper check.

If you choose to receive your refund by direct deposit, you can request that the refund be deposited in up to three separate accounts, such as checking, savings, or retirement accounts – just complete Form 8888 (PDF), Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases). However, if you file Form 8379 (PDF), Injured Spouse Allocation, you cannot have your refund direct-deposited into more than one account. Your refund should only be deposited directly into accounts that are in your own name, your spouse’s name or both if it’s a joint account. Please note that to receive your refund by direct deposit (whether into one account or more), the total refund amount must be $1.00 or more.

If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. This time-frame does not include mail and IRS handling time for paper returns. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require review and take longer.

Use Where's My Refund? to get your personalized refund status. Just use IRS2Go, our free mobile app, from an iPhone or Android device, or go to IRS.gov. Both are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return.

Have your 2012 tax return handy so you can provide your social security number, your filing status and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund shown on your return.

If you do not have Internet access, you may call the Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. Where’s My Refund? includes information for the most recent return filed in the current year and does not include information about amended returns.

Where’s My Refund? has a new look this year! The tool includes a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent. Where’s My Refund? will provide an actual personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. So in a change from previous filing seasons, taxpayers won’t get an estimated refund date right away.

Where’s My Refund? provides the most accurate and complete information we have so there’s no need to call unless the tool tells you to. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day - usually at night.

Processing may take longer under certain circumstances. Refunds from amended returns will generally be issued within 12 weeks. Injured spouse claims can take longer depending on the circumstances. Refer to Topic 203 for more information about injured spouse claims. Refund claims associated with an application for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number also take additional processing time. Refer to Topic 857 for more information about Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers.

You can also refer to Topic 303 for a checklist of common errors when preparing your tax return and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return.

If you receive a refund to which you are not entitled, or one for an amount that is more than you expected, do not cash the check until you receive a notice explaining the difference; then follow the instructions on the notice.

On the other hand, if you receive a refund for a smaller amount than you expected, you may cash the check, and, if it is determined that you should have received more, you will later receive a check for the difference. You will also get a notice explaining the difference. Follow the instructions on the notice.

The IRS will help you obtain a replacement for a refund check that we verify as lost or stolen.

• You just posted the Tax Topic 152 details. We all read and understood what that means. The taxfilers' concern is it has nothing to do with the status of the refund. Of course how to get the refund was already included in our filed return (some direct deposit or some by checks). That's why we just wanna know if its under process or under review, instead of just seeing to read Tax Topic 152.