What does it mean federal tax due. Does it mean I owe or they owe me? what does due mean?

• what does it mean if the federal taxes owed is a negative number?
  • what does it mean "Federal Taxed you owe"? Do I own any money to the IRS? Why the negative numer?
  • What does it mean "Federal Taxes you owe"? Do I owe any money to the IRS? Why the negative number???
  • I understand that. What I want to know is why. I received a refund last year so why all of a sudden are they telling me that I owe them money. Turbo Tax is supposed to be top of the line so why do I owe the Federal Government money? I paid my taxes.
  • Wouldnt matter if you did them with any other company, the numbers will all be the same...  please dont tell me you think TT can get a better refund than if you had went to doyourowntax.com ?
  • a negative number means you have overpaid the tax
  • no
Federal Tax Due
    WHAT DOES IT MEANS WHEN IT SAY FEDERAL TAX DUE
      it can mean a few things first you filing status or number of dependents changed. you had less taxes withheld.
      you made more money but didn't change your withholding. and the last possibility is check to see if you input the federal witholding correctly. an easy error to miss
        no---I do not owe them anything at all