Does my social security count on the earned income credit?

Before social security, my income is eligible for the full credit, which i presumed i would be recieving, but the recievable amount shown is considerably less than the full credit on two children based on my income. The factor I believe is changing this credit amount is my social security; does this count on my income for my Earned income credit?
    There are two measurement tests for the EIC:  earned income and adjusted gross income.  While your SS benefits are not earned income, they do enter into the computation of adjusted gross income and thus will affect your EIC.
      To determine how much EIC you get, there are two calculations. One calculation is the amount of EIC based on your Earned Income, Social Security does not count in that calculation.
      The other calculation is the amount of EIC based on your Adjusted Gross Income, and the taxable portion of Social Security counts in that.
      You get whichever EIC calculation results in the smallest amount of EIC.

The EIC amount comes from a curve that looks like an upside down V.
      At zero income there is zero EIC, as income increases, EIC increases until the income gets to the top of the inverted V, after that point the amount of EIC decreases as your income goes up, until at the upper income limit the EIC is zero again.
      So if the social security puts your AGI above the amount at the top of the curve, then it will make your EIC decrease.