TurboTax keeps telling me that the Section 179-1 value is too large. Is this a bug?

I need to speak with a person please!!!
    • It's saying the same thing for me. My Staight line depriciation + a year is more than my section 179....... Says line 34a cannot be larger than section 179 amount. Which is strange because I don't see how it could ever be less.
    • saying the same thing to me as well - my work commute total is 24,000 miles - My mileage in my car went from 50,000k miles to 68k miles, oh woops..then my calculations are incorrect - my mileage in my car would be reading 74k miles...opps
    • yeah it happened when i put 647. in the field. when i added the 00 after 647.00 it accepted it
    After calling customer service: For me, the problem WAS a bug that was corrected by a TurboTax update. However, for the software to trigger the updated code, the item had to be deleted out and then added in again. THAT worked.
      It could be a real problem if you have a Special drepreciation bonus.  The problem is;  the numbers will be to much, because there is no recapture rules for Special depreciation bonus.  So when you add all your numbers in the lower box, it will say the number is to high.