The IRS sent out notification that those using form 8863 taxes will not be processed until mid-feb, is this true and if so why has my return already been accepted?

I e-filed thurs. Jan. 28 and got an acceptance email and text message on thurs. Jan 24 evening. I claimed education credits, however now there are publications from IRS stating they wont be processing returns with this form until mid-feb. I am confused!
  • I meant Thurs Jan 23rd is when I e-filed
  • Wow you got your accepted how did that happen I filed mine a week ago and it says pending still they aren't even suppose to be accepting yet
  • I got an email stating "Your Federal return has been accepted, what this means: Congratulations turbo tax was able to have your return accepted early by the IRS. You're finished with your taxes. Even though you've been accepted early, please note that the IRS does not begin processing returns until January 30th. "
he IRS is accepting, but holding the returns until they sort it out. 

here is the IRS article

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-To-Accept-Returns-Claiming-Education-Credits-by-Mid-February

• Ok, thank you! I wasn't sure if they would be kicked back or what would happen!
  • I don't see where they are holding my forms?  I just see where it says you can't file until Mid February, my taxes have already been accepted.  This makes no sense and it is so frustrating. :-(
  • Yes no one has adressed the people that are having their returns already processed that were accepted early with education credits. What is going on with our returns?
  • I am terribly unhappy with Turbotax. I think all and any information they give is weak at best. What I mean is, I filed my taxes on Jan. 25th, I get an email stating that the IRS has received my taxes but are holding them due to Education Credits. Then, today, I get an email from turbotax stating that come February 14th, they will be sending my taxes to the IRS. What does that mean? I thought they already sent it? Everytime I talk to one of their employees, I get a run-around answer that doesn't address any of my questions. I filed with turbotax in the past and was generally happy with them but this year, I have totally done a 180 and after this year, will be going to another tax preparer for my taxes.
  • The same thing happened with ours but turbo tax never sent them and wont send them to February 14th when you file they are normally suppose to be sent but because Irs was holding them they have not been sent. But if you filed that date yours will be accepted quickly you will probably get an accepted letter on the 14th turbo tax is only doing what IRS says to do