Which refund comes first, federal or state?

Generally which refund comes first? Federal or state?
    The state refund comes first. It can normally take from 3 to 7 day to received and the federal can take from 2 week or longer depending on any delays.
    • Not necessarily.. States have held refunds for months. It really depends on your state and that fiscal year.
    • You are so right, NY state holds it FOREVER, guess it  depends on your state. For many many many yrs This dam state holds them and I dont think we have got them before the 3 month period is up. This way they can make money on others money LOL
    • Hawaii has held them through September in the past.... Bunch of crap.
    • My federal came first still havent got my state . It making frusterated
    • hehehihi andtiggerbaby0882, thats crazy, it should be a law they have to have it to you in 30 days or they get to pay a % on the late money each month like they do you. What I dont understand is why they can charge us late fee's for not having it to them on time but they can hold yours as long as they want to, hum makes no sence to me. But thats the state and federal for you LOL
    you normally recieve you federal before your state. State taxes are looked at better then federal taxes. So if you have them being deposited your federal will get deposited first. But I guess it depends on your state. Now NY state holds it forever, hoping you die first I guess LOL

• I live in West Virginia and my state return came first is that normal?