This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

Anyone got there refund yet

• does anyone know the schedule of refunds. My return was accepted on the 24th
  • yes, all 38 bucks
  • not hard up you have received the refund? On what day did you get accepted if you don't mindme asking
  • It is fake/photoshopped.
  • Congratulations I believe you
  • amber what date did you get accepted?
  • The IRS isn't processing refunds until the 30th...they may accept them, but they aren't going to start actually processing until then.
  • ITS A FAKE/PHOTOSHOPPED PIC FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE.
  • thats sad ppl get up here an lie..this is serious,ppl need there money..so if u all know that you really didnt get it than Dont lie about it
  • U can see the white out on  the page.... boooo
  • I did hear that there was a test run on a few million people and they have had their federal return accepted. Most of them have been accepted on Friday and Saturday (1/25 & 1/26). They say about 10 days after they are accepted if you are doing electronic deposit. Hope this was some help. :)
  • When will I get my tax refund?

Updated: 1/24/2013

Article ID: GEN12488

Congratulations, you finished your taxes! Now you're probably wondering: When will I get my refund?

The IRS will begin processing returns on January 30. Within 48 hours of e-filing (or February 2, whichever comes later) you can start tracking your refund by following these directions:
    •TurboTax Online: If you e-filed and chose direct-deposit, sign in to My TurboTax to track your refund.
    •All others: Wait at least 24 hours after your e-file has been accepted (4 weeks if you mailed your return), and then visit the IRS "Where's My Refund" page. ?The IRS "Where's My Refund" page has the latest info about your refund, straight from the source. Bookmark that site so you can check back periodically.
    ?Don't worry if your expected refund date keeps changing; this is normal. Last year, 9 out of 10 taxpayers received their refund in less than 21 days. The same is expected this year.
  • I NEVER STATED IT WAS MY REFUND I Said proof and a minor edit \like that can be dont with paint not photo shop I WAS ACCEPTED ON 1/24 AND FILED ON 1/17 AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY REFUND BUT WHEN I DO ILL GLADLY POST IT TO MY FB AND GIVE YOU THE LINK ANYTHING TO STOP JUICY S NEGATIVENESS COMMENTS CANT WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM THESE THREADS
  • Someone saw it on another site and posted it on another thread here, because they didn't realize at first that it was fake. Before the person even had a chance to delete it, people started reposting it in all the threads here. So, the point is to just let people know that it is a FAKE picture and no refunds have gone out yet... to stop the confusion and arguments and to stop people from reposting the pic again.
  • taxes have been accepted but the IRS will not be processing anything until Jan. 30th
  • buddy of mine had his accepted on friday 25th from the irs
  • Did anyone recieve email/text today??? I filed on 01/10/2013 and still pending :-(
  • Like Share Print
    IRS To Accept Returns Claiming Education Credits by Mid-February

URGENT

IR-2013-10, Jan. 28, 2013
    WASHINGTON — As preparations continue for the Jan. 30 opening of the 2013 filing season for most taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service announced today that processing of tax returns claiming education credits will begin by the middle of February.
    Taxpayers using Form 8863, Education Credits, can begin filing their tax returns after the IRS updates its processing systems. Form 8863 is used to claim two higher education credits -- the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit.
    The IRS emphasized that the delayed start will have no impact on taxpayers claiming other education-related tax benefits, such as the tuition and fees deduction and the student loan interest deduction. People otherwise able to file and claiming these benefits can start filing Jan. 30.
    As it does every year, the IRS reviews and tests its systems in advance of the opening of the tax season to protect taxpayers from processing errors and refund delays. The IRS discovered during testing that programming modifications are needed to accurately process Forms 8863.  Filers who are otherwise able to file but use the Form 8863 will be able to file by mid-February. No action needs to be taken by the taxpayer or their tax professional.  Typically through the mid-February period, about 3 million tax returns include Form 8863, less than a quarter of those filed during the year.
    The IRS remains on track to open the tax season on Jan. 30 for most taxpayers. The Jan. 30 opening includes people claiming the student loan interest deduction on the Form 1040 series or the higher education tuition or fees on Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction. Forms that will be able to be filed later are listed on IRS.gov.
  • If anyone did indeed recieve their refund, we will never know! Why?? Because they are out shopping and have no need to be on this site! Lol!!  Unlike all of us that want our $$ so we can shop too!!  :)
  • Has anyone here Not been accepted yet??
  • I used that form and was part of the people accepted on 1/24. I wonder if they will tell me it will be held up?
  • Amber that photo is fake and photoshopped. Again that is not a REAL REFUND!
  • I did mine on the 10th and I got accepted today
  • I did mine on the 26th and I have not been excepted
  • How do I sign up for this website it's not letting me on
  • I filed form 8863. I filed on the 24th and was accepted on the 26th.
  • Jenniferg0805 I submitted my return on Jan 15, and like you, I was getting a little discouraged because all these ppl filed AFTER me and were getting their acceptances..... BUT NOT ME! BUT, I got accepted an hour ago. :) Hopefully you get word SOON! ;)
  • i filed the 24th, got rejected the 26th, fixed the problem the same day and got accepted today :) now the wait begins
  • yes,I was accepted Sunday `-27-2013
  • @ Jenniferg0805  I FILED ON THE 12TH AND NOTHING YET...SO DONT FEEL BAD
  • I filed on the 20th and just got accepted around 4p today
  • wow u people need money huh?
  • Although they accepted it, the IRS doesn't start processing returns until the 30th of January.  It usually takes 7-14 days from that date.
  • I filled on the 23rd and just got the word it was "Accepted" today.
  • people need to realize that the test batches are only being checked for typographical errors and are not being fully processed until the 30th or after and NOBODY will see a dime until after that point...it's that simple and nothing complicated about it..
  • yup
  • I was accepted but they don't start processing the returns untilJanuary 30
  • Wisconsin - their site has been saying the are not processing/accepting returns until 1/30 to coincide with the Fed - TT says my return for Wisconsin is still pending and my Fed was accepted on 1/24 - On a whim...a fingers crossed hunch - I checked the Wisconsin rev. site to just check my state return and to my amazement it said it was PROCESSED and DD will be on 1/31 - - TT still says it's pending for the state and accepted for the Fed...this is WEIRD:

Wisconsin Tax Return Status for:

Social Security Number ***** Refund Claimed $1024 Tax Year Checked 2012
    Your return has been processed and a refund was or will be issued on 01/31/2013. If your refund is by direct deposit, make sure to confirm the refund has been credited to your bank account.
    If your refund is by a paper check, please allow enough time from the check date for the postal service to deliver the check.
    If you have question about your return, visit our contact information page
  • I did mine on the 25 and finally got accepted.
  • I filed my tax return on Wed 1/23/2013 and on 1/26/2013 I got a text to my cell phone sayin my federal return was accepted early by the IRS. I'm thinking it depends on each individual tax return but I dnt know
  • Yes, I do need my money..I am a single parent and have 3 kids..One of whom is in college and their father has passed away so its just me to ensure that he has the opportunity to go to college. My parents did the same for me and thats important!
  • Yes, we all  know the IRS wont process any returns until the 30th!
  • I guess we should all just wait, speculation and guessing about the IRS drive people crazy every year....It's ridiculous
  • I filed on 1/12 and received an email today at 5:27pm CST stating that my federal return has been accepted but the IRS will NOT start processing until 1/30.
  • I got an e-mail saying they don't send them out till after Jan, 30 so hopefully soon =]
  • wow how hard is it? the irs doesnt start processing returns until jan 30th!!!! they are just accepting returns now
  • U don't have to explain to him/her, they must need money too, they're on here!
  • thenextdiva just like you I filed but it was the 14th, got rejected the 26th, fixed the problem the same day but I am still waiting to get accepted I wish I could say now let the wait begins......oh me!!!!
  • Yup if you go on Drake news (which is the site that the IRS preparers use you will see that the IRS has informed preparers that even if the return was accepted IRS will simply hold them in que to start processing whenever in February (and I wouldn't count on mid-February) they start accepting and processing education credit returns.  This affects all three of my family members (including myself) who have filed our taxes, one who was accepted on 1/24/13.  He is ready to cry because without his refund he can't pay his final enrollment fee and won't graduate from college (as if he has to enroll again it would cost him another $4500.00 enrollment fee.  Love our congress in action.
  • heck yeah
  • when was urs accepted?cause mine was accepted on th 25 so when should i get my refund?
  • No one know when the refunds will start rolling out. The Irs will start processing tomorrow. People on here must really be hurting for money. Some people have not even got there W2's yet to file there taxes. Stop driving yourselves crazy. Its not going to get you your money any sooner
  • yeah but it makes for good reading lol ;)
  • Yea that's true, I find myself coming on here just to read the latest drama...To funny
  • The irs got a new filing system this year and they did a test run on 2 million returns if you were lucky u got ur return .. but i do no the test run went fine and the irs will be back up on jan 30 at 9am .... p.s this filing system the irs has this year is fast and can process returns in as little as 3 days
  • That's where I sit right now.  I filed mine on Jan. 24th and got an e-mail yesterday saying that the IRS has accepted them, but that they won't be processed until Jan. 30th .. and the "Where's My Refund" portion of IRS.gov is not currently running and will not be made live until Jan. 30th.  Hopefully the kinks are all worked out and our refunds will be able to be processed and sent out quickly.
  • I got my check yesterday i got a new 50inch plasma tv and new rims for my car ballinnnnnn
  • You're an idiot.
  • HAHA...ROFL
  • I have not been accepted and I filed on the 10th
I just have to say...I have absolutely NO IDEA when I will get my refund and neither does anyone else that isn't employed by the government.. I filed on 1/11 and it was accepted on 1/25. But what I can tell you is that once I get my deposit, I will not be logging into this site again until next tax season. So for everyone wondering where all of the "so called" people who already received their return are....they're probably like me...not on here afterwards, out spending their money instead. You can ask until you're blue in the face, but seriously, NO ONE ON HERE ACTUALLY KNOWS!!!!
  • Don't worry guys when I get mine I will be back to say so, I always do. :)
Yeah I just received mine today by DD and I filed my return on 21 Jan
  • did you receive any kind of alert or notification to check sbbt
  • did you have your refund go to sbbt or did you pay up front
  • DSTOLTZ0129- When was your return accepted?
  • did you get kind of notification as to when it was deposited?
  • DSTOLTZ0129
    Really? the lrs lady told me they accepted but it will take a week. congrats to you
  • Congrats!
  • when were you accepted
  • she full of it
  • lol
  • don't believe anyone got their taxes they don't process until 1/30.........
  • Sorry but I find that very hard to believe, due to what has been posted all over the IRS website, on the turbotax site and several others...I would have to see it to believe it...wishful thinking maybe
  • I want to believe that this is true ( I would hope people wouldn't come on here just to lie ), but I find it a little hard to believe that only 1 person got a DD today, because I have looked on all the refund sites and this is the first I have seen. I was accepted 1/25 and haven't received a DD yet. I am hoping it will come soon. Good Luck to all :)
  • Sure ya did
  • again impossible.. if you went with a tax service that gives you a loan on your projected return (RAL) you may have gotten something but not if you have filed through turbo tax..again no taxes have been processed yet. Accept it the IRS would not put out that they will not process prior to the 30th and then break their own rule.
  • she dreamed a dream of a perfect tax year. False, false, false!!! LOL
  • Congrats to you!!
  • Hmmm was it her state and not her federal?
  • Ok..y'all asking the question, she's giving the answer, then later calling her a liar?!? Wtf!!! Yea I knw everybody wants their money but geesh! The desperation is strong in here..I myself was accepted on the 24th. And I'm also in need of my money but dam sure ain't making myself look like an [Edited Profanity].. congrats if you did receive your refund!! I knw I'm gna be ghost when I do too lol lol :-p

[Edited by Moderator]
  • Agree!!! Lol
  • I asked if it was the state bc it appears that those who are getting a refund already are getting it from their state.   Who said she was a liar?
  • If you were among those accepted early then it is also being processed its an automated system not sum one on a computer doing it themselves I was accepted on the 24 and my dad is pending and supposed to be in the bank within the next 48 he's, everyone knows what the IRS an tax companies are saying they say is to cover them selves you get it when u get it all there is to it. Sum lol think they know so much just because what they read on line..... Not trying to be rude either just saying...
  • Don't believe the hype....Whom ever stated that they received their taxes, is telling a lie.... Im anxious but we all just need to wait til Jan 30 and after to get a good feel of when to expect are funds to hit our accounts....Until then everybody be patient :)
  • I agree my state refund has already processed and a refund is being issued and if not received in 7 days to call them( massachusetts)
  • PHOTOSHOPPED
  • Ok, yea that image is photoshopped.  However, if the irs is seriously using their "new" system this year, it would make sense they would test it on a lucky few to make sure they don't have the delays that they had last year.  My refund was accepted early, but has yet to be deposited.
  • When will I get my tax refund?

Updated: 1/24/2013

Article ID: GEN12488

• benji, no one is disputing the fact that they had a test batch. People have been receiving Accepted notices since 23rd. No refunds have been issued yet though, despite people making bogus posts and photoshopping pics.. just trying to clarify so more people aren't getting confused.
  • Juicy, you contradicted yourself. You just said you don't dispute that they had a test batch, but then you said 'no one got their refund'. No matter if they did or didn't, only the irs and God knows when we will get our refunds. I'm pretty sure most people old enough to file a tax return is smart enough to know how unpredictable the irs can be.
  • @benjieboi1984 "I'm pretty sure most people old enough to file a tax return is smart enough to know how unpredictable the irs can be."

If you've read the threads over the past couple of days, you'd know that isn't a true statement. LOL
  • The returns were accepted, however no refunds have been issued. That is not a contradiction at all.
  • Juicy are u cute ? U spend alll day on here . U must Dnt have a man. Holla at me boo .
  • OMG LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • you didn't receive a DD yet because no ones return has been processed yet,these test batches are only checking typographical errors and are not being fully processed until the 30th or after.
  • Wronggggg once again
  • Wouldn't it be amazing if we all woke up tomorrow with our refunds dd?! :))) Let's stay positive and optimistic!!!!
  • I called the STTB automated line and it said that i have no refund. that i should wait 10-21 business days before i call the irs.
  • and i seen a pig fly just a minute ago..
Once again if you were accepted early for the test they are not just accepting them it is a automated 3 step process they don't just accept and not process the whole point of the early run was to test the system not test the acceptance....
  • you are incorrect AGAIN..you need to stop with the info you know nothing about and get your facts straight dude...i know for a FACT the final processing of the test run will not be complete until at least the 30th and maybe longer and nobody will see a dime until the 31st at the earliest and more than likely not until around the 1st till the 5th...
  • Do you have any references to back up this claim?
  • No he has nothing just another "I know some someone so I know how it all is going to happen lol" lol that work there don't even know how its working
  • He probably knows someone who works in an IRS call center...and is trying to make us think that those call center IRS agents are not given a script by which they read answers to certain questions. Just like any other call center...they have their "hello" message, their generic refund answer "message" and their "thank you for calling" message. Like they would have information actually related to the testing phase of the computer systems...
    Now, if you were a contractor who ran the tests and audits on the IRS computer systems (the MeF)...and were brought in as a technical consultant during the testing phase...then I'd give you credit for knowing your stuff...but you don't have this. You act like their aren't 11,000 IRS agents just in the customer service area....and they all have a different answer about the testing of the IRS system from the 23 to the 29th...some acknowledge it went on, if they know...some say it didn't happen...some say their generic "opening day is January 30 for ALL individual tax returns"...
    Please stop acting like you know the guy who created the MeF system for the IRS...you're just another "I got a friend who answers phones" who runs through here trying to discourage people..and nobody here is  hurting you in any way, whatsoever.
    You're more worried about them not getting their refund than they are worried about getting it. Don't you have better things to do than get on the internet trying to run around being Mr. Right? This picture is what you remind me of...I can just see this guy sitting on TT forums with this "OMG someone is wrong"...check it out ----------------->
    http://xkcd.com/386/
  • Danggggg!!!!!! That was funny. Though, it coincides with the 30% of "I don't need the money like all y'all need the money" people
  • more ignorant responses from ignorant people...AGAIN i wouldn't say i know for a fact unless i did,i have a family member that works directly with these systems and the returns and knows more than any of the call center robot reps...again..i will come back in a few days and say i told you so..LMAO,some of you are so foolish..
I just spoke with a Santa Barbara Rep. Because I was receiving 2 different stats for their check status #'s. She informede that my return was acknowledge the 24, of which my text message and email is dated the 25, and that the IRS has started processing refunds as usual after an acceptance, but it will be 10-21 days before the receipt of refund. Also, she said my expected refund date says Feb.14, which that's what the Turbo Tax app initially said but the it was changed to the 20th. So everyone be patient we all should be seeing something starting at the earliest this Friday, because the set # of days their giving us I'm quite sure there's still some cushion in them.
    the irs accepted mines but wont process it till the jan 30 2013 so hopefully i get mines moneyyyyyyyyyy lol
      1 more day and all questions will be answered :)
      • Heck yeah!
      • The Irs are indeed processing Returns as of today!!!! and no i spoke to noone except for my aunt who works for the IRS and has for 25 years! so everyone expect refunds soon :)
      • thenextdiva: What did your aunt say about refunds being sent already....truth or no? So many conflicting stories...I'd like to think I'd have a deposit tomorrow morning when mine has been accepted since the 24th...too much to hope for, or has your aunt disclosed that?
      • no she hasn't disclosed that as of yet, but will let me know more in a couple hours, and i will post as soon as she does :)
      • its a lie and his aunt dont work for jack or would know the real facts as i do have a family member that works directly with these systems and the returns and nobody will see a dime until the first of the month because even the early accepted ones even as myself will not be fully processed until starting tomorrow and no deposits will be made till after that point,this is guaranteed fact and if you don't believe me i will come back ina few days and say"I TOLD YOU SO"..good day
      I just want to know how yall can tell someone they did or didnt recieve their taxes. If she did or didnt get it thats her business. Each state runs differently. I know people who really did recieve their federal taxes unless they robbed someone for the amount their taxes stated. Smh this is not a bashing game. Everyone on here are adults plz act yall ages people
      • Because no one has recieved their federal refund :) out of the hundreds of thousands accepted
      • NOBODY will see any money until after the 30th anything else said is a lie...the test batch is only checking typographical errors and is not actually being processed until the 30th or after..
      • Refunds are not being processed till the 30th not returns
      • they are not being fully processed until the 30th to why NOBODY will see a dime till at least the 31st or 1st and when im right as i know i am for a FACT i will come back and say i told you so..
      • Doing ok you sir are a [Edited Profanity]..

[Edited by Moderator]
      • LOL
      • call me what you will but i know the FACTS unlike many [Edited Profanity] as yourself..lol...again i will be sure to come back and say i told you so..LMAO

[Edited by Moderator]
      • We can say, with great confidence, that none of your friends have received their actual MONIES.  They may have received their acceptances but NOT the money...no matter what they tell you...they are confused.  If they start spending this money, they will be up the proverbial creek....We all have the right to reiterate the EXACT message the IRS is telling everybody and I doubt seriously they made YOUR friends the exception to the rule.  NO ONE gets a refund until they start processing on the 30th
      • many here don't seem to understand that...don't think they made it past the 3rd grade.
      The Irs are indeed processing Returns as of today!!!! and no i spoke to noone except for my aunt who works for the IRS and has for 25 years! so everyone expect refunds soon :)
      • Who Can File Starting Jan. 30?

The IRS anticipates that the vast majority of all taxpayers can file starting Jan. 30, regardless of whether they file electronically or on paper. The IRS will be able to accept tax returns affected by the late Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) patch as well as the three major “extender” provisions for people claiming the state and local sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees deduction and educator expenses deduction

I know someone mentioned about higher education tuition and fees... This shows that you can file on or before the date without worries.

The IRS estimates that remaining households will be able to start filing in late February or into March because of the need for more extensive form and processing systems changes. This group includes people claiming residential energy credits, depreciation of property or general business credits
      • I also no someone who works for the irs and she assured me the same thing
      • what about refunds?
      • AGAIN..you are incorrect..nobody will see a dime today or tomorrow,it will be the first of the month at the earliest..
      • Let people believe what they wanna believe .... youre just one of them peeps who always wanna be right .."i told you so " .... You said it 2000x already, we got it... If it's not today, then it's not .... people could be wrong ...what's the big deal? @doingok
      • no big deal,i just like to prove people wrong as i will so many here in a few days when i get to come back and say"I TOLD YOU I WAS RIGHT"...LOL
      Not yet
      • when were you accepted boom?
      • Waiting for mine should b cleared in the morning
      • when were yall accepted then?!
      • I am seeing quite a few people saying they have received dd within the last few hours, dare I become optimistic? :P
      • I sure wish they would at least tell us more info like when they were accepted and things like that lol
      • Sure I don't see why not. The IRS is funny like that. Wish you the best of luck. I prob will not get it till a little bit
      • I know it. It would really help a lot of people, and it would save me from being bald-headed, sleep deprived and ulcer-ridden. :P
      • these people are lying to you all to get your hopes up...don't say i didn't say so
      • lies
      • tell me lies tell me sweet little lies....LMAO
      Really people!!! If you really want to know what's going on. Go to the IRS. website, and get your facts on what is going on with your tax money. Stop trying to lesson to a bunch of idiots on here. The fact is there's new tax laws, so the IRS will knot start processing any tax returns until Jan. 30th. So this means that no one will receive, any of their tax returns until after Jan. 30th. Unless you got a cash advance loan from who ever you file your tax return with.
      • Well you have no idea what you are talking about :D The truth is yang, They already started processing tax returns. Alot of us started getting accepted January 23rd. They pulled thousands for testing there software! They may not start processing refunds till the 30th, but they have begun the tax return process! Read the forums before you post. Makes you look silly when you post like this, then people will start attacking.
      • Agreed
      • People there's a diff between returns being processed and refunds being processed. if you were accepted early your RETURN is being processed already . On the 30th your REFUND will be processed meaning you will Starr seeing DD GOING IN ON THE 30 TH
      • Agree the IRS can tell us anything then do whatever behind the scenes...If you don't know just don't comment. They also said the actual process would not be until the 30th but that was also not true, None of us knows we don't work for the IRS, we are all guessing and going by a website (irs.gov) that right now is not creditable because they have begun the process. So don't ran on anybody's parade because we all want our $$$ they we deserve shit we work hard enough for it..
      • TYPO: RAIN, THAT
      • They don't just accept and not process that would be pointless of testing the new system get a clue...
      • You are all lame
      • I agree!!^^ lmao especially that juicy girl..I think she's photoshopped.. I can tell by her pixels-___-
      • :)
      • You don't like juicy why? Because she is stating facts about what's going on and not u wanna read? Well truth is you won't see your refund until AFTER the 30th so if u want to believe that photo shopped picture of a refund then you will be the one upset when your refund don't show up. Some people need to grow up and act like adults instead of talking about someone on this thread you should go and do some research!
      • people you need to accept the fact NOBODY has received any refunds yet and are not going to until after the 30th..
      • Whats the harm in hoping that we might?...why are you so determined to bring people down to your reality? Chill out bubba...
      • because i am a realist and go by facts and not wasteful hopes..lol
      Hi everyone:  I checked the SBBT website -- there is an alert that says the IRS isn't processing refunds until the 30th.  Guess that tells us something!  
      • Here is the alert from https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

IMPORTANT ALERT FROM THE IRS ABOUT TAX REFUNDS IN 2013
        The IRS will not process your paper or electronic tax return before January 30.
        This means the timeframe for issuing refunds will not begin before January 30. The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days from the day they receive your tax return for processing.
        Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.
        Beginning January 30, you can use the improved Where’s My Refund? tool which, this year, will provide personalized information about your own tax return.
        More info at http://www.irs.gov/Refunds/What-to-Expect-for-Refunds-in-2013
      Yes
      • shanitaison, have your or do you know someone who has already received their money?
      • I edited this from the Pic Because I posted it the first 2 min it came out and i got 10 people saying its fake who cares were not on here to be barked at i am on here  to gather info on returns i dont want you makeing any comments towards me that arent about refunds you unfriendly comments are annying Has anyone really seen a comment form me picking at someone else except juicy and thats cause shes a shark out for the kill
      • .
      • lmao
      • NO...nobody will see a dime until Feb..
      • Funny
      • Hilarious
      okkk don get madd at me cuz i got mine .... lol do i need to take a pic of my bank account for yall to see lol
      • When did you get accepted shanitaisom? And was it your federal or state? And lol...i don't need ta see a screenshot.
      • shanitaisom did u get a loan and did u use TT when did u get accepted and when did u receive it?
      • I hate when people post, then seemingly run out to spend their thousands...they could give a little more information. I know if ours goes into our account, I'll be stuck home looking at the many hundreds....thousands of dollars until my wife comes in from work...so I'll take some NOT PHOTOSHOPPED snips of our bank account to show proof. I wish people would take the extra time to say "i was accepted on __/13 and my refund went into account on __/13....instead of just "I got mine, bye now I got things to buy"
      • It's because they are just trolling. No one received a refund yet.
      • Lol Why would she lie Juicy if you arent gettinmg your refund until after the 30th why are you here this is for us people that want to share experiences im about sick of you
      • JuicyGirl it seems to me like you are the one trolling.
      • Wow JuicyGirl I think is very jealous! No matter what page I am on, she has made her comments!
      • Amber you need a break seriously. Stop posting that photoshopped pic do some research outside of this board because at this point your spreading lies and getting people's hope up every time you post that link which you are doing non stop.
      • JUICY IS VERY BORED I THINK...
      • Glammy Monny I posted that as soon as it was posted on Fb at the time no one knew it was fake until the 400 people on different sites blew up sbbt  to Discover theres no 40 fee Please I am an adult and if you were one you would be on here discussing refunds and not me lol i feel like noone want to talk about refunds i think you should attitudes should go to much drama but if thats what makes you feel better then keep bashing everyone about what theyy say whaen they will get there refund or just cause you have no life
      • AGAIN..NOBODY AND THIS INCLUDES EVERYONE...no refunds will be deposited until after the 30th it don't matter if your accepted early or not..
      • Doingok you work for the gov?? You seem to know way too much and probly have not a clue... We got what you have said the 1st hundred times, WE GOT IT. Thanks for your us less info.
      • that may be right ....so maybe we'll get it Friday!!! lol
      • no i don't work for them but i have a contact who does so i know exactly what im talking about idiot or i wouldn't have said it in the first place..some of you really need to grow up on here acting like a bunch of retards..
      • doinok..shut the hell up nobody cares.. you get em when you get em. lol worrying aint gonna help shit. lol just sayin
      • haha would love a little [Edited Profanity] like you to say it to my face but what your saying is the point i have been making the whole time so thanks [Edited Profanity]...

[Edited by Moderator]
      If this is like other years... The IRS typically deposits refunds only on Fridays... My return was accepted on the 24th, and I'm hoping that if they are issuing refunds early that it will happen this Friday.
      • Irs is no longer using the old system. They are using the new MEF systems which deposits every day except Sundays :)
      • According the the irs site, they have been using that since 2010... & before......
        MeF...Modernized e-File (MeF) Overview

>>The implementation schedule was the following:

•
        2004 - Forms 1120, 1120S, 8868, and the 990 Family were added to the MeF Platform.

2005 - Form 7004 was added to the MeF Platform.

2006 - Corporate Mixed returns (with 1120-L and 1120-PC subsidiaries) and Fed/State filing were added to the MeF Platform. Certain corporate returns were required to e-file.

2007 - Forms 1065 and 1065-B were added to the MeF Platform in January and Form 2290 was added in August.

2008 - Forms 720, 990-N, and 1120-F were added to the MeF Platform in January and Form 8849 was added in May.  

2010 - Forms 1040, 4868, and 21 1040-related forms and schedules were added to the MeF Platform.

2012 - The remaining 1040 Family and related forms and schedules were added to the MeF Platform.
        ..
      • refunds will be deposited now 6 days a week Mon-Sat but nobody will see anything at all until after the 30th..
      The IRS will begin processing returns on January 30. Within 48 hours of e-filing (or February 2, whichever comes later) you can start tracking your refund.

You can look up your refund status at the IRS “Where’s My Refund” site (www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96596,00.html). The IRS site has the latest info about your refund, straight from the source. You’ll want to bookmark that site and check back periodically, say every 2-3 days. Don’t worry if your expected refund date changes as it works its way through their system; this is normal. Last year, 9 out of 10 taxpayers received their refund in less than 21 days. The same is expected this year.

Hope this helps!
      • i got accepted on 01/24/13 and I have the educational credits on my return..but today the IRS is delayed anymore returns with that worksheet on it...am i safe?
      • Chrisdonldson I heard its delayed until end of Feb To Maybe March I Hope there just hoping for the worst and it comes earlier for all Student Credits
      • I filed today and my Federal was accepted....... Your Returns Have Been Sent What this means:
        Your returns were successfully transmitted. Please remember that the IRS does not begin processing returns until January 30, 2013. Since you e-filed before this date, the earliest you should expect to hear from the IRS and most states is January 30.

Next step: Keep watching your email.
        We'll send you another message when your return(s) are accepted or rejected.

Transmission Confirmation
        Returns sent 2012 Federal Personal
        2012 Missouri Personal
        Returns transmitted on January 28, 2013, 9:35 AM PST
        Estimated government acceptance date January 30, 2013
        E-file status Check current e-file status

How can I check the status of my federal refund?

From your mobile device: Download MyTaxRefund by TurboTax for FREE to quickly and easily check the status of your federal and state refunds.

Available on the App Store Download for Android
        Get an automatic notification when your refund hits your bank account
        If you're due an IRS refund, you can get an email or text alert as soon as money is direct deposited to your account. Learn more

Can I get my return back?

Unfortunately, no. It's like dropping your return in the mail. Once it's transmitted, you cannot get it back.

How to amend a return

We recommend keeping copies of all status emails for your records.
        Thanks for using TurboTax!

Note: This email was automatically generated. Please do not respond to this email address; it comes from our automated alert system, which is not monitored for responses.

It states all you need to know in the email they send you
      • That's a confirmation that your return was sent, not accepted. If after you sent it it was then accepted that would mean it was processed.
      • accepted does not mean processed..you are INCORRECT..
      • when i finished my state tt said they were transmitted and sent and my status is now pending
      • That doesn't tell anyone anything and it has been copied and pasted about 100 times already in the past couple days.
      • Wow girl You Got Serious D outing And Believing  In the best issues
      • The last two years when they have used the MeF system refunds were DD within the 5 day time limit. The new sources are warning ppl to it is likely to take 7 to 10 days to process and DD and wait until 21 days to call and check if not in bank. So it is very possible that this post is in fact correct. JuicyGirl there probably are some people who have gotten their refunds back because the IRS did post memos out on their website stating that they would begin a testing phase for the system between the 23rd and ending on the 27th at 3pm Eastern. There is no reason to be on here telling people they are essentially stupid for believing when someone else has good fortune. Hope it doesn't come back and bite you in the butt.
      • INCORRECT..the test batches are only checking for typographical errors and are not being fully processed until the 30th or after so NOBODY has got a dime yet..
      • If they were just checking for typographical errors your return would have been rejected. That is checked before it is even accepted. Some people have already gotten a rejection notice and are having to make corrections. That began last week as well. That I got from the lovely IRS agent I spoke to this afternoon.
      • yes people that made typographical errors were rejected you are correct but the ones who have not made typographical errors,theirs and mine as well are sitting there until the 30th or after for final processing..i know exactly what im talking about here and have no reason to misinform anyone just telling the facts...most of the phone agents are clueless,get through and talk to a real supervisor or be lucky to know someone on the inside and you will get the facts..
      • Just because u speak to someone that claims to be a supervisor doesn't mean they know anymore then a regular phone agent... And the IRS has ran test runs previous years as well as this year, so ur comments are exactly just that comments NOT FACTS, and for ur info last year I did receive my check a couple days earlier then the first roll out of checks.... So I do hope some of y'all get them early but just wait til the 30th when " where's my refund" opens up and all questions will be answered correctly
      • i know the person i spoke with..so your comment is invalid LMAO
      Y don't u people actually go thru the forums and answer people legitimate questions instead of guessing wen u will get a damn refund . This is a help forumn, not a guess when we will get a refund forumn .
      • I didn't realize people were physically causing you pain because they don't type what you approve of here...we're all so, very, very distraught that you are disappointed with us, oh mighty one with all the letters on the keyboard. Please direct us with your leadership on how you'd like to see us type our words...so we can be pleasing to you.
      • mmm this post is deja vu.......this guy has been posting this same thing on all different threads....just ignore him.....:)
      • Um no the other forum I  posted n was locked due to your negative comments
      IT IS A PHOTOSHOPPED/FAKE PIC
      They accepted my federal on the 25th no refund yet
        I don't think the irs has refunded anyone yet!
        • Correct. They will not begin processing refunds until after 1/30, no matter how the return was filed.
        • I think you need to make an announcement in the forum stating that lol. Although, some just believe whatever they want anyway.
        • Yes we do Because thats our right Should we O bide By your Beliefs just because we all Believe different things were all here for the same reason To get our Refund
        • So, i filed on the 10th, accepted on the 24th, was i part of the test batch or what..?
        • Yes, Adam, but the IRS is saying they won't start processing refunds until 1/30.
        • If you where accepted before Jan 30th yes you are among the lucky few of the test batch. What does that mean? Well it means that your refund will be coming sooner then those not accepted in the test batch. TT can only give you the IRS have accepted your efile. You will have to wait tell the 30th and the IRS where is my refund site opens to get more info. Then all those who got in early will start see when their refund will be in the bank.  No refunds will be made before the 1st FEB. yes that is the earliest you can get them. If you are among those early birds you can see a refund any time between then and the 15th however delays can happen.  This year the new program is being used. You can now follow your refund through all the steps. There are 3 this program is meant to get refunds out faster. However only basic returns are being filed and refunded some tax payers cane expect to have delays into march. So truth of the early accepted rumor is this. Yes their are those in the test patch. Yes you will likely get your refunded sooner. No refunds will be sent out tell the 30th.  How do I know this? Because after a lot of running around after getting the message from tt about early accepted my very overly worried husband made me check with the IRS if they where doing early efiling. Yes they are yes if among the early birds you will be seeing your refund sooner but do  not call them looking tell your 21 days is up.
          To read more about the new setup please check out their website.
          http://www.irs.gov/Refunds/2013-Tax-Season-Refund-Frequently-Asked-Questions
        • I filed on the 10th but still pending ... :-/
        • i efiled 1/17 and accepted 1 /24
        • @atondofamily thank you finaly some one makes sence :)
        • Your welcome I know how confusing this can all get! =)  I was searching through the net trying to see if it was true to be accepted so fast.. that is when I started seeing.. "Yeah we will get refunds in three days" and all the rest of the stuff that follows on these things. I was worried it was fraud or something that is why I went through all the hoops to talk to IRS. Don't worry all your waiting for more info will be up in a day or so. I will make sure to come back and post when I get my refund in the bank. Hope everyone gets theirs in a good time frame=)
        OK MY RETURN WAS ACCEPTED ON 01/24/13 AND I DO HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL CREDIT WORKSHEET ON MY RETURN. NOW TODAY 01/28/13 THE IRS ISNT ACCEPTING ANYMORE RETURNS WITH THAT WORKSHEET STATING IT WILL BE DELAYED. AM I SAFE SINCE I WAS ALREADY ACCEPTED?
          Yes I got my refund! See how easy it is to lie?

Like many people are stating, I can confirm that you you will not see a refund until after the 30th

Why? Because the IRS has said what?

"Due to recent tax law changes, we will open filing season and start processing individual income tax returns on January 30. This applies to tax returns filed on paper or electronically. "

If the IRS distributes the refund like they did in the past, I'm guessing people will start seeing deposits on the 8th. 

Please people, don't feed the trolls or give them credence by remotely considering they are saying anything other than a lie. Because anything other than, "no I haven't gotten a refund," is just plain false. This includes "my friend," or "my dog" too. 
          • finally someone with a brain on here lol...
          OK SO HERE IS THE DEAL THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NEEDING THE MONEY AND FOR EVERYONE WHO IS RUDE OR DOWN TALKING PEOPLE FOR WAITING SHAME ON YOU...YOU NEVER KNOW A PERSONS SITUATION! MY GRANDMOTHER HAS WORKED FOR IRS FOR 25 YEARS YES THEY DID PROCESS SOME RETURNS EARLY TO TEST THE NEW SYSTEMM SO THAT ON FIRST DAY OF FILING THERE WILL BE NO CRASHES LIKE LAST YEAR!!! NO REFUND AKA $$$$$$ WILL BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE 30TH. SO IF YOUR RETURN HAS BEEN ACCEPPTED BE LOOKING FOR YOUR MONEY WITHIN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF FEB!!!! YES THEY WILL BE DD EVEERYDAY OF THE BUSINESS WEEK  INSTAED OF JUST TWO DAYS  OUT THE WEEK THIS YEAR!!!! FOR THOSE OF US THEAT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED I DONT THINK WE WILL BE WAITING THAT LONG!!! I HOPE THIS HELPS THOSE WHO NEED IT! I WAS LAID OFF AND JUST BEEN ON MY NEW JOB SINCE DECEMBER SO YES I NEED MINE!!!
          • Thanks for the info!  :)
          • THERE IS NO POINT IN WRITTING SO MUCH IN ALL CAPS. AS I STATED EARLIER...IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT PROOF WHOEVER HAS...JUST THE SHEER FACT WE WERE ACCEPTED IS MAKING ALL OF US CHECK. EVEN THE ONES WHO KNOW EXACTLY WHATS HAPPENING

Lol. All caps are so annoying..
          • How r u going to tell someone how to type their passage that's so annoying. Just read and hush, or log OFF!
          Uncle Sam give me my money,,
              hi everyone! I've been watching from a distance.. lol I got accepted 1/25 @0243.. hoping for a refund soon :) I've got 4 kids under 5 and would love to go any pay for our trip to Disney next month.. and hubby comes home Friday (army) so I'd like to take him out to the strip club! Lol
              • wow you must be fugly to have to take your own husband to a strip club..
              • Lmao I was thinking same thing .
              • First time I've heard that.. but, its ok. I enjoy the strip club, after 4 kids, its nice to get dressed up and enjoy yourself once in a while.. don't judge :)
              • Fugly.. guys, I'm not the one without a profile pic! Lol
              • Don't mess with these clowns Nikki. I think they are the heavyweights in this forum lol
              • Thanks, Shad80. :)
                Why would someone be on this forum, if they weren't asking the same questions we are regarding our refunds.. if they have answers, why be here in the first place... Just wondering..
                Anyway, whatever. To each their own.
              • yeah if my wife had to take me to a strip club to turn me on then i would be getting a divorce..LOL
              • I don't think that is what she was implying @ doingok
              • Lol listen buddy, I've got 4 kids with my husband.. I can get him turned on all by myself.. but its fun to go out and do different things.. especially when both of us look this good.. lol
                Ps.. your wife must be really awesome if you're spending all your time on here lol
                And before you have a smart witted comment about my husband, he is currently in SERE school, so if he was home, there's no way I'd be on here this much.
              • Shad80-
                Exactly lol hubbs is deployed or training 9 out of the 12 months every year, we just like to have fun when he is home.. I've been pregnant for the last 5 year's lol, so we are just now able to really go out after 7 years of marriage lol
              • my wife is asleep and im sitting at work doing much of nothing but collecting my paycheck...LMAO
              • C'mon now with that post what kind of replies did you expect to get..i mean c'mon..seriously
              • Gah!! Jealous! I can't wait until I'm working again.. 2 months!!
                And I was just kidding up top there, not trying to start any shit.. I'm bored at the moment.. haha
              • I was expecting to get replies to keep me entertained for a little bit lo l
              • But seriously, when are you thinking I should see my return, if you had to guess? And do you know what time wmr open.s tomorrow?? Thanks :)
              • LOL..the wmr supposed to start at 9am est. but that could be subject to change but it will be tomorrow...i wouldnt expect a refund until the first at the earliest and thats me being very optimistic as us early birds that got accepted still won't be fully processed until tomorrow and it usually takes 2-5 days after that if everything goes smooth at the irs..
              There have been a couple posts where I saw people say they got dd on Friday 01/25. They are long gone now. Haven't checked back in as far as I have noticed.
              • The IRS hasn't started processing the returns yet
              • Yes they have please dont coment unless you kno
              • Even though the refunds were accepted, they will not begin processing them until Jan. 30th... according to my email from turbo tax
              • Lol I was on a 500 post thread and arguments were flying because of Negivtive  Comment  If you Can wait till the 30th Goof for you buut i cant so any hope i can get please ddont ruin it for us
              • sorry i type fast and dont care about spelling
              • According to Turbotax and other tax preparation agencies the IRS will not start processing them until 1/30/13, even though they have been accepted. There's nothing negative about the facts. Yes, it is good for me that  I can wait for my taxes because I have good money management skills throughout the whole year.
              • Yes...ambey this has been posted all over the place...NONE will be processed before January 31st. It is good that they are accepting them now however so we can be amongst the first to be handled...kriz cole needs to do some research before getting nasty with people
              • no i repeat no returns will be processed by the irs prior to 30 January 2013........sorry
              • ambey - that was rude - for many it's not about good money management skills -there are a lot of families struggling to put food on the table and heat their homes - I know this is the case where I live in rural Wisconsin - it has nothing to do with managing the money they have but more that the area is poverty stricken - high unemployment - available employment is low wage - little to no resources - and transportation issues that prevent many from fueling up their non existent good running vehicle to travel 60 plus miles for a job that earns over 9 per hour - so stop with the holier than thou attitude
              • What a bish!
              • as for the notices on what to expect  and when to expect refunds- no one knows for sure other than Uncle Sam and the IRS - they accepted some returns early -that's a fact but good luck finding a news report on it or an informational bulletin - so any speculation on when refunds will happen is just that - speculation - it's a waiting game
              • IRS.ST.GOV type it in and check for yourself then you will know. thanks and have a great day
              • My comment was toward a comment posted earlier. There's no "holier than thou" attitude. I'm a mother of 3 and I know struggle. I also know A lot of peoples situation are due to their past and present decisions. The truth may be "rude" but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's the truth. My comment was not
                intended to be taken personally. Thank u Eva45
              • I had to file my taxes. Someone asked a question and I answered. Have a wonderful day and good luck to you in an early rerund.
              • I never said anyone legitimately received their DD, I wrote they said they did. I will not say one way or another if they are right or wrong. I mean there are people saying what the IRS has on their website and the IRS website is NOT stating that anyone would be accepted either, and we know that is not true. If they did get their refunds already, I am happy for them. If they didn't, they didn't. Those people that did post they received their dd are long gone. They haven't been back. I never said one way or another it was true or not.
              • I agree with you, it has nothing to do with managing money! some people count on it to survive, others need it to catch up on bills they got behind in over Christmas, while others look forward to being able to plan a little vacation for their families. Whatever the case may be there is NO reason to act all high and mighty about money skills! That is just ignorant!
              • Irs is processing returns! The email from TT said return was accepted but REFUNDS will not be processed until 1/30 it DID NOT say returns will not be processed!! But idk about ppl who got refunds back I seen alot of post but no evidence to prove it.
              • Nice! I hope in the next day or two more people are able to say they did receive something already.
              • yes they have bcause they accepted mines
              • It is fake/photoshopped. The amounts are incorrect for fees and wording is off. PHOTOSHOPPED.
              • Shedra05 my comment was in response to comment left towards me. If you want to comment read everything. I have three children and by fair do I think I am high and mighty. I commented on the processing of returns and  received comments that perhaps you didn't read. You want to take a comment personally, that is fine. What i am saying is that I don't put myself in a predicament  to have to worry myself about when my taxes are coming. I am a hard worker and look forward to my return just as much as the next person. I am not going to waste anymore time defending myself. To anyone else that wants to comment ...Have a beautiful day.
              • Ambey give it up. You where being rude and that is that. I read your post and the response post and you where having a "holier than thou" attitude, Infact you still are by making the comment "What i am saying is that I don't put myself in a predicament  to have to worry myself about when my taxes are coming." Some people are barely making it pay check to pay check, Try to have a little compassion instead of juding other people's situation. I am lucky to not have to worrie this year but next year maybe different. It would be nice to get it early. I filed on the 19th of this month and was accepted on Fri the 25th and still no refund. I am not upset it will come when it comes but I am not going to be all "I'm better then all of you." either. Just try to walk in another person's shoes before you judge tha is all I am saying. Good luck to all out ther and I hope everyone gets good news soon.
              • it doesnt matter when it was excepted right now~ TAX SEASON AND THE IRS DONT DO ANYTHING OR START UNTILL THE 30TH!!! ITS WRITTEN EVERYWERE!
                AFTER THAT THEN ITS MIN OF 21 DAYS IF DIRECT DEP. UNTILL WILL SEE IT!
              • Lol, it is written! GOOD ONE (:
              • This conversation isn't going anywhere. I don't think I'm better than anyone. The fact of the matter is the IRS has stated when returns will be processed. Stop being so sensitive.
              • YES AMBEY THEY "STATED" AND LIED BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO MENTION THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO EARLY PROCESSING AND THE NEW SYSTEM DOES NOT JUST ACCEPT THEM ANDD LET THEM SIT THEY DO THE WHOLE 123 STEP PROCESS IVE READ THIS ON MANY SITES INCLUDING THE IRS NOW MAYBE ONLY 1/*23 ACCEPTED PEOPLE  GOT THERE REFUND BUT PEOPLE GOT THERE REFUND AND NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE OPTION TO BE SO LUCKY THAT WE CAN MAKE SURE WERE NOT IN BAD FINICAL SITUATIONS I AM A YOUNG MOTHER OF 2 ALSO AND EVERYTHING'S NOT AS BLACK AND WHITE AS YOU ALL MAKE IT OUT TO BE THERE'S SO MUCH MORE TO US PEOPLE WITH LOW INCOME
              • I also use Turbo Tax and I also got a response that mine was accepted on 1/24/2013. However, I am not in any way having hopes I get my real soon ... only cause as many have already read, I won't hear anything from the IRS in regards to my refund until on or after January 30th.  My only issue today is hearing about the 8863 form being delayed until mid February.  Oh well, just my luck, I will continue to go on as I have each and every day :)  I look forward to this time every year cause it sure helps me out. Hope all of you have a blessed day :)
              • i was also accepted on 1/24/13 with the 8863 form but I dont know since ours is already accepted if this will effect us..i spoke with a TT lady and she said "sir since being accepted already & processed by the IRS you wouldnt be effected just the people who is pending and hasnt filed yet..to be accepted your return MUST BE processed already and found with no errors to be ACCEPTED" so i think were fine
              • Well thats a good thang...hahaha :)
              • That's whats i'm thinking Amber. Why would they accept returns then just let them sit there? And half the time when you call you get a agent that has no clue what they are talking about. Like they are really going to be like yea we are processing a few to test computers. They just want you off the phone and to quit calling.
              • My friend got her state refund already and her federal was accepted like ours was. I only mention that she got her state return because the state said that they were following the federal timeline of starting processing on 1/30. She hasn't gotten her federal yet though. Just thought I'd mention it because people seem to think that what the feds are posting about the 30th is set in stone. It obviously isn't.
              • i got my federal accepted and my state is still pending. I just want to know this from someone who honestly knows what days do the issue refunds?
              • days  and times please
              • those people saying they got a DD are lying because the test batches are only checking typographical errors and are not being fully processed until the 30th or after..
              • Filed ours this afternoon and my Federal got accepted about an hour later. State is still pending.
              • i got accepted as well but still no money, i checked the santa barbara bank and i have an account setup and it said although we were excepted no refunds until the 30th
              • No person I know with mad money skills hangs out on tt forums talking about refund checks....if so they may have mad money skills and no personal skills...just saying! You can't have it all! :)
              • Praise.....
              • I was one accepted on 1/23 and still have not gotten my refund. I think those that mention the 1/30 date aren't trying to be negative, but trying not to raise hopes to squash them if it doesn't come earlier than that -they are trying to be realistic. I also don't know where people are getting the "At least 21 days" The IRS site actually states that people can generally expect their refund in LESS THAN 21 days and within normal timeframes (Go to IRS site, click "Where's My Refund" and it's the 2nd paragraph). Going by last year my return was accepted by the cutoff wednesday 1 week and my refund was deposited into my account exactly 1 week later, so to me that is the "normal timeframe". So I'm hoping to see it BY the 6th of February figuring in the very realistic possibility it won't be touched until 1/30. I am HOPING it will be there tomorrow (if by some stroke of luck they did process early). I wouldn't be apologizing if I were Ambey, managing your money good should be something to have pride in. I know people who manage their money just fine & still look forward to their refund as it helps to get those things they've been wanting all year, but couldn't get into their budget without ruining bills. Personally I get those things through the year & I *and my bills* suffer for it (so I'm stressing out this time of year like so many others!!).
              • Just go to the IRS website. It's been posted on there for weeks now that the IRS will not begin to process refunds until Jan. 30th. This is not a stab in the dark people. That IS the actual date the IRS will begin...and not a day before it!  It is impossible for anyone to have already received a deposit because the IRS is not open for processing yet.  I read this same conversation every year. I, too, wait and hope that my refund will be fast and it ALWAYS is. This year will be no different. The only difference I see so far is that nobody has blamed the delay on TurboTax yet...and demanded a refund because they didn't get their deposit quick enough! lol
              • LOL..true that
              • Thank u shellie . Seems like people can't get that thru there thic heads
              • I think the same, I told my sister I think in light of the issues they had last year & getting bombarded on 01/18 last year with returns, I think the IRS wants to under promise & over deliver. Not a bad thing.
              • Ok I have a question, this my first time e-filing and don't know much about how it works after the fact...now are we receiving the refund 10days after we're accepted or 10 days after the 30th???
              • Typically it is within 21 days of being Accepted, but if you were Accepted before the 30th you're supposed to still use the 30th as your Acceptance date.
              you people need to understand that just because you was accepted early just as i was the test batch is only checking typographical errors and isn't actually being fully processed until the 30th or after and NOBODY has gotten any money yet from the IRS and anyone saying they did is a lying straight up...and even after the 30th some will get delays in the final processing,happens every year with the test batches.
              • Dude. You are the definition of a$$ Seriously. There is no reason to get on the people who are just holding on to somehope something will come. I just recently had my card stolen which my paycheck goes on and we have $30 for two weeks....whats wrong if I just want to hope for it. Jesus. I have cried every night because I dont know how we will make it. Im hoping mine will come soon..because it would be such a blessing.

Please stop being so stubborn and let people think what they want.  Ive been checking mine just because the accepted status email I got.

Not because of anything ive read here....

Btw this is @doingok.
              • @star fantasy I'm truly sorry and I really do understand your fustration we all just want our $$$!tra
              • Well...im just saying...the sheer fact we all got accepted is why we are all on here so much...it really doesnt matter what is said..because theres always that weird streak of luck. Lol. Btw thanks.
              • THE FACTS ARE FACTS AND PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE WASTEFULLY HOPING FOR SOMETHING THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN..i want my money to but i don't base my life around my tax return...its just some bonus money for me as i actually save and budget my money...
              • ^^ then.why are u on ?? @doinok..I'm sure everyone on these forums are checking if anyone has refund yet,, including me..so either you're doubting your own advice or you're in the same boat as us..we need our money.. Bwahaha #you ain't gotta lie to kick it
              • doingok...I "wish" I could come through this computer and have a talk with you!
              • to the other poster im not doubting my own advice,im telling the straight facts as i know whats going on and NO i don't need the money but yes i would like to have it for just some extra money to just blow but by no means NEED it...i save and budget my money and could live up to a year easily if i was to go jobless today..don't act like you know me...i have a family member that works directly with these systems and i know exactly whats going on whether you believe it or not
              • @doingok.. hey ;)
              • wuz up...
              • Not much. You're just on here a lot, so i figured is get a conversation going. Lol
                My only adult conversation of the day... How pathetic :/ haha
              • So, if we were accepted on the 25th, what would your best guess be as to when we should see our returns?
              • yeah i have been here alot actually lol...the entertainment quality is fantastic and can't seem to stay away..haha
              • Same here lol
              • i think nobody will see a return until the first at the earliest but more than likely a little later but anyone thinking they will get it before the 30th or even the 31st is being unrealistic and don't understand how the system works...
              I did my taxes 1/10/13 and was accepted today. Can't wait til they start processing the taxes. I could use it.
                I efiled on the 18th of January and was accepted on the 25th. IRS will begin processing returns January 30th so won't know anything until at least then. No big deal for me though as I'm not getting too much back this year. Oh well....
                • yea i get about a whole 500 bucks back lol...nothing for me to stress over as i work everyday unlike most here that seem to not have much of a life and seem to be depending on this money like a life or death situation.
                • I am sorry but I just have to comment I can't speak for other's on here but I can speak for myself. I also work everyday, I work my butt off, I also raise three children. I could really use my refund for bills that need to be paid. So please don't say that the people depending on this money may not work or have no life. I respect your opinion and understand where your coming from but it is kinda rude especially when you don't know these people. Good luck and hope for the best. Don't worry I know I wont have my refund before the 30th :)
                • i didn't say everybody i said "like most here" and its a fact that many people depend on this money because its the only money they see all year because people are lazy,i see it all the time where i live then they just waste the money and a few months later selling everything because they are broke...i see people i know personally go threw this viscous circle every year because that are flat out lazy but i in no means mean everybody but is a common problem whether you see it or not..
                • And like I said I respect your opinion, I myself see it around me and it sucks but I just felt a little insulted. I guess I shouldn't take it personal. Once again wish you the best of luck with you 2013 year.
                • i didn't mean that comment at nobody in particular and sorry if you felt that way and best of luck to you as well..
                I received notification a couple of hours ago, that my return was accepted by the IRS.  Now to wait...I would hope by by Friday, the 8th of Feb, I will receive my direct deposit.
                  Hi. I filed here on TurboTax on Wed. January 23rd and got email and text that our return was accepted on Sat. January 26th. I will be back on here to let you all know if/when I get my refund. :)
                  • I filed the 23rd and was accepted the 26th as well. I will keep you posted too.
                  Im just wondering what does it mean for the people that has gotten accepted "early"  I know the IRS is not processing anything until after the 30th but I am wondering why accept anything early..
                  • these are test batches that they have did for the last few years but being accepted early doesn't mean you will get your money before the 30th but more than likely within the first week or so after the 30th unless they crash the system again like last year...
                  Checked the sbtpg website....Yesterday only the state taxes showed under refund deductions. I just checked ad it now shows a bank refund processing fee and a turbo tax fee.

I filed on the 17th and was accepted on 1/24
                  Hey i have a question my return was accepted and i also had the educations credits on there i wonder what will happen will i be rejected or what
                    I filed on 1/22 and was accepted yesterday, 1/29. TT shows accepted and state still pending.  On a lark, I checked my NC refund status with the NC state refund website. Here's the message I received:

"Your 2012 tax return has not been processed. Refunds are being processed and checks/direct deposits are going out every week. Right now we are slightly ahead of last year's pace and while we are unable to estimate an exact time frame, we are working as quickly as possible to issue refunds within 45 days, as long as they do not have errors or require review. We update refund information by 6 PM daily. Your refund information will remain the same throughout the day. Please wait at least 24 hours before inquiring again."

Good to know. :)
                      Did my daughters return on January 28th and it was accepted by Turbo Tax and efiled at 9:39 AM PST.  Got notice this morning that follows:  
                      Status: Accepted!
                      Accepted on:
                      January 28, 2013 01:41 PM PST
                      What this means:
                      Congratulations! The IRS has accepted this return, and you're finished with your taxes.

SO strangely enough it only took a little over 4 hrs for the IRS to accept it...somebody must have had a clean desk lol
                      • It's kind of weird that only a few returns were going to be accepted by the IRS for this test run when I've noticed 9 out of 10 people have been accepted. That sure does not make me feel special . The IRS is just causing more confusion than anything else .
                      Does the state use a different system other than the mef?
                        When will I get my tax refund?
                        Updated: 1/24/2013
                        Article ID: GEN12488

• TurboTax Online: If you e-filed and chose direct-deposit, sign in to My TurboTax to track your refund.
                        • All others: Wait at least 24 hours after your e-file has been accepted (4 weeks if you mailed your return), and then visit the IRS "Where's My Refund" page.
                          • The IRS "Where's My Refund" page has the latest info about your refund, straight from the source. Bookmark that site so you can check back periodically.
                          • Don't worry if your expected refund date keeps changing; this is normal. Last year, 9 out of 10 taxpayers received their refund in less than 21 days. The same is expected this year.
                          If the irs decided to pull returns to test early, people actually may have gotten refunds.  We will never know.  Here is what i found on the internet.  I guess this was before any of tue changes were made and they decided to get rid of the refund cycle chart.

http://hotspringstaxservices.blogspot.com/2012/12/2013-irs-e-file-refund-cycle-chart-for.html?m=1
                          No way anybody has got there refund yet the IRS is not starting until the 31 of this month
                          • and you are correct NOBODY no matter who you are or when your accepted will see a dime until the first of the month at the earliest.
                          • So doingok people do not  have brains because they believe something different than you?
                          • Wtf doingok. Why do you resort to putting people down.
                          • The IRS is starting the 30th of the month not the 31st.
                          • So now it's the 29th not the 30th?
                          • not putting anyone down,resorting to facts from a family member that works directly with these systems and the returns and nobody will see a dime until the first of the month and i will get to come back and say i told you so and i can't wait to prove you all wrong..LMAO
                          • Ask your aunt it your owe a "no tax debt" they say its from the unemployment place will they take what I owe from out my refund?
                          • yes they absolutely will if they catch it...
                          o ya and fyi AFTER the irs opens most people should get there return in 8 day
                            lol whoever is asking were there refund is.....its way to early to even ask.
                            Tax season dont even start untill the 30th... then you have at least 21 days (if direct deposit) after its even accepted to have it processed and sent to your account. if mail or a tax card you have to wait about 25 days. So ya...Way to early to ask, and nobody has the money cuz it dont start untill the 30th!
                            • When will I get my tax refund?

Updated: 1/24/2013

Article ID: GEN12488

• Kristina, I think you were mis-informed. Will NOT take at least 21 days! That is just the cushion the IRS gives. It usually takes 2-5 days :)
                            • true 2-5 days in most cases unless they get backed up and crash the system like they did last year so that means nobody will get any money until at least the 2nd of Feb..it don't matter if your return was accepted early or not the test batch is only checking typographical errors and hasn't been fully processed until the 30th or after...
                            I was just on the irs.gov  website and they say " no returns will be accepted until the 30th. " you can send them in now but they will not be processed until the 30th.  Reason being,  Tax laws and forms changed on 1/2 and they need time to implement those changes.  In some exceptional cases, and you can go to irs.gov to see which ones, they will not be processed until March or even closer to April 15th.
                            • How many times does this have to be told to people that read on the net and know it all, yes it says its not doing anything until the 30th they also did a test run of thousands of random returns.
                            • AGAIN..the test run is only checking for typographical errors and some have been rejected for simple mistakes and some that have been accepted will actually get rejected or delayed come the 30th as final processing don't start until then...AGAIN i know this as a fact or i wouldn't be here saying so for my health...im trying to help but i guess theres always idiots like you that think they are smart and don't know jack..
                            • Once a return is accepted its not then rejected @ doingok. You make no sense.I f theres an issue they will pull yur return for further review and contact u via mail
                            • your correct,i was wrong as i made a typographical error there myself,if its accepted it won't be rejected but many will be pulled for further review and thats what i actually meant..
                            • During the transmission process I've read that's when they actually process the return. If its accepted they will process your refund . Is there any truth in that . It makes since but then again it does not .
                            • many people are thinking thats how it works but i promise you its not...people keep saying i dont know what im talking about but i actually do,i have no reason to come here and make things up,i came to help and give correct advice to people so they don't keep on with wishful thinking they will get their refunds quicker but i guarantee you the will not be fully processed until starting tomorrow and nobody will get refunds until after the first of the month...some here just call me a lie because for some reason just can't handle the truth...to why that is,is beyond me..
                            • I think the people that filed the simplest returns will be the first ones that are ACCEPTED...because when IRS checks them, they see none of the revised forms are being used...Once IRS has accepted your return, it means they will begin processing it on or after the 30th.  If you use any rare or obsolete forms you will not be accepted, most likely, till after that time, when they can notify you that you are using old forms...I hope all of you get your refunds quickly and correctly so we can try to boost this horrific financial situation a certain someone has forced upon us...
                            • Oh you mean congress!
                            .
                            • many feel the same way..LMAO
                            No ~ The IRS reported the first day for e-file processing of individual tax returns was to be 01/13/13. That changed to 01/22/13. -- It was reported a few weeks ago the date has now been pushed back to 01/30/13. :)
                            • Lots of people including me were accepted early for test run!
                            • PHOTOSHOPPED
                            • When will I get my tax refund?

Updated: 1/24/2013

Article ID: GEN12488

• Juicy WTH i dont need a response on every damn comment i post just  SHUT YOUR MOUTH  NO One Likes you You Run your MOUTH TO MUCH I never said that wqas my refund i got it from wmr Page which you clearly reminded me in EVERYOTHER POST youj dont run thisng your a nobody stop being so bossy and actin like your above any of us
                            • I never stated it was your refund. I stated it was photo shopped so people are not confused. No refunds have been issued yet.  Someone else got that pic from another site and posted it on another thread before she realized it was fake. She edited out her post to remove the link (like many other people did, as well) but before she even had a chance, so many people had already reposted it a million times into other threads.

The point is to make sure people are aware that it is a fake picture and there is no confusion over whether or not refunds have been issued.

It has nothing at all to do with you personally. I posted the same thing to several other people who also posted the picture. Most of them edited their posts and deleted the link, just like the original person who posted,  to avoid confusing anyone else.
                            • I Just want my refund
                            • :)
                            • lol i posted a pic from another web site who acre so did every one else and imma tell you all Hating nasty people on here I Pay for my TT  so i will say whatever i want dont tell me what i can and can do mind your own business i wish you really would talk to me like that in real life cause i aint the one dont come at me and expect me to kiss you butt im on here posting info so me and others who are waiting on refunds can discuss it not you now you dont like me or my post then dont look dumb drama setter and who cares about fees worry about your self if you people dont got something nice to say then dont say it you got something to say then personaly get in your cars and drive to Maryland and tell me all about Until then im dont arguing Point Blank Period this is childish watch what a big girl i am now if were not discussing refunds then were not discussing nothing
                            • Smh
                            • Seriously lol
                            • you people on here are acting like a bunch of elementary school girls
                            • lol @ doingok
                            • Lol ..wow..
                            They are not releasing a refund schedule this year and noone has received a refund yet.
                            • I'm tired of reading "noone", it's no one!! And yes some refunds has been issued. Just wait and its coming.
                            • Where did you get the information that some have been issued and are you sure they were federal and not state?
                            • When will I get my tax refund?

Updated: 1/24/2013

Article ID: GEN12488

• The IRS.GOV website states they will be issuing "Where's My Refund" but it won't be available until 1/30/13
                              http://www.irs.gov/Refunds
                            • the test batches are only being checked for typographical errors and are not being fully processed until the 30th or after so nobody will get a dime until FEB..
                            • I think everyone on here is hilarious...... we all read the same emails, websites, and text(if u got them) but yet none of us know for sure when we're getting our refunds... But like everyone else, I too hope for an early return and either check TT for an update or constantly check my bank acct for a nice deposit.. BTW my return was accepted on the 24th, and I'm still waiting.. I also filed the 8863 so depending on the wonderful gov I may have a longer wait then others.. but trying to stay optimistic
                            • mine was accepted on the 26th and i got my net spend card in the mail today but no money yet after they accept it it can take up to 21 days to get your money i got the txt saturday
                            • Praise.... If I had my refund, I sure as hell would not be lurking around on here.
                            • i got my refund already .. dont believe me check out the new rims on my car babyyyyyyyy
                            • hey i sold them to you on credit..lol