Form 8379 - Injured Spouse

If I file electronically do I need to also print and mail this form somewhere?
It seems as if its included, but then at the end of the section is says to mail it as well. Do I need to do both?
The form 8379 is being sent electronically with your federal tax return when you e-file.  There is no need to file a paper form with the IRS.
  • I filled out all my tax return online last weekend including the 8379 form and now that it's time to file, I'm trying to review and make sure everything is in order, I can't find it. Is there somewhere specific I should be looking?
  • doninga,    I filled out form 8379 electronically, so I dont have to send one in by mail? This is my first year doing taxes by my self and I dont want to wait longer then I have to. I keep reading what everyone is posting one min. they say to mail a copy in and then some say you dont have to if you file electronically. So please if you know can you set me stright? Thank you
  • When you send the form 8379 with your federal return electronically via e-file, there is no need to send a separate paper form 8379 to the IRS.
  • How do I know what to allocate with credits? If my husband, the injured spouse, supports us completely then do we split credits and do I claim myself or can he since I'm not making any income?
you must send a copy of the 8379 to State along with a written request for your share of the tax return or you will not get your state share.
  • I cannot locate Form 8379 in the tax program