can i deposit my refund into my girlfriends bank account

i do not have a bank account or a debit card,i do not want a paper check plus i need my refund A.S.A.P
    Yes, you can deposit it into any bank account in the United States.
    • Only if your name is on the account.  You would have to ask the bank if they will accept a deposit with a different name tha the account owner's name.
    • pre-paid cards will not accept the deposits and some banks are starting to reject the deposits.  However i called my bank and had my brother's deposited into my account without any issues at all.  There is no IRS policy against however they will flag an account if there are several returns going into one account but they will send the money anywhere its usually the bank that causes the issue.
    Last year my friend had hers put into my account and we didn't have any problems and a few years back I put mine in my moms account without any problems so I would say it is fine but I an not 100% sure I am only going by what I have done in the past
    • I really think it depends on which bank you use, and the bank may look closely into the acct. to see if that person has deposited funds into the acct. I have filed returns for family and friends and have had several refunds deposited into my acct. My daughter's refund deposited into my acct. without any trouble (we share same last name) however; as one commenter stated the a different last name,I recieved a courtesy call from bank, the bank then contacted the person, asked questions to ensure that the filer agreed to have funds deposited into my acct.
    Wrong...some to many banks won't accept the deposit if the names do not match.  (too much Fraud out there)

Take the mailed Check ! !  Too much greif results when things don't work the way you hope...
    • YOUR bank won accept your refund in her name tt offers net spend prepaid debit card when your efileing at the end it delivered  in about 7 business days and it hold full amount alot of prepaid cards only hole 5000 but tt netspend will hols any amount
    • Okay...well these people above apparently know more than I. But I do prepare taxes for a few people and 2 of those people have their refunds direct deposited into their significant others accounts, and I personally have my fathers direct deposited into my own account. So my guess is you do what you want on this one.
    • Maybe with the Saame last names you do and they do not with random last name its up to the bank to except a federal depositt in some one elses name alot Dont because of it being "Federal Government"
    I know people who have done this and they have never had a problem, that was years ago though. If you are worried about it go in with your gf and talk to a teller at the bank, this will greatly reduce the risk of it getting rejected by the bank. they will ask for your id and may have your gf sign something.
      My boyfriend used my bank account and he ready got his state refund back just waiting on his federal refund with no problems all on the bank you use !!!
        Having worked for two different banks, the correct answer is that of Volvogirl. With the Patriot act laws, banks have to take extra measures to protect the accounts. When a direct deposit is made the bank will check the name it is issued under. Most banks will process the dd but will flag the account. Also know that the bank is not responsible if the gf takes that money out and doesnt give it to you unless your name is on the account. I recommend getting the netspend card, it is FDIC insured like a traditional bank.