i put the wrong account number for direct deposit of my refund can i change it

I want to change the account number i used my saving account number instead of my checking number
  • how long will it take for them to actually send me a paper check now that I messed up my direct deposit
I did the same thing! I found this answer on TT website. Hope it helps. I was able to change my info and correct it!

Enter the Wrong Direct Deposit Information?
Updated: 12/27/2012

Article ID: GEN12276

You just e-filed your return (or dropped it off at the post office) when you suddenly realize you entered the wrong account information for your direct deposited refund check. Now what?

First, wait until your return is accepted or rejected by the taxing agency.

• If your return is rejected, correct the account information (along with anything else that needs to be corrected) and then re-submit your return.
    • To correct your direct deposit account, open your return in TurboTax, click the File tab, and walk through the screens again.
  • If your return is accepted, or you already mailed it, the IRS will send you a check refund if your account information is not valid.

However, there is always the possibility that the info you entered is valid – for someone else's account.

The good news, is that most banks have systems in place that prevent checks from being deposited into accounts bearing a different name.

Even so, it would be prudent to call the IRS at 800-829-1040 as soon as you realize your mistake. Also notify your state taxing agency if you're getting a state refund through direct deposit.

Tip: If you used Refund Processing Services and your return was accepted, you might still have time to correct your bank account information. Sign in to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website, and then click Online Account Change Request on the left.

• Thank you so much! I somehow added the first 3 numbers of my bank account twice and it would have taken 8 to10 additional weeks to get a paper check. You saved my BLEEP! How awesome that this is possible.
    Thanks again!!