did the irs start accepting returns today?

• Mine got rejected today so I resent it
yup, some folks were lucky like myself to have them accepted early. They won't be processed for payment though until the 30th so it's still a waiting game...
  • It appears so. My phone woke me up in the middle of the night to show the good news. Now will we get our returns sooner? Your guess is as good as mine, but I will hope for sooner.
  • I keep being told that those accepted are with the "test batch" to test the new system... I've been told they are being processed... Not sure though. Mine was accepted today
  • Mine was accepted last week but no new news to tell :/
  • Just wanted to share that I got accepted today and I signed into the where is my refund via irs and it says:
    We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
    You should get your refund within 21 days from the date we received your tax return.

Here is to hoping we all get a dd soon
  • The Internal Revenue Service begun accepting returns January 24th, 2014.

We have received hundreds of reports that the I.R.S. has been accepting tax returns before January 31st, 2014. It seems that they have started accepting select few income tax returns on January 24th 2014. We contacted the I.R.S. on that day and were told that to help with the case load, they have accepted some returns early. They plan is to accept returns all next week that meet very strict rules. We have adjusted our 2014 IRS E-File Cycle Chart to match with the reports that we have received.

Please comment on here when you were accepted, so that we can keep see if they do a pay out on January 29th. This would be in line with 2012 and 2011 tax returns.

From Hot Springs Tax Services: “We have had several clients who filed within the last two weeks have their Federal Tax Returns accepted by the I.R.S. We have received news from the IRS that first payout date will be February 5th still. The early acceptance just means that they will process it before returns that come in a later date. Just a reminder, there are no guarantees when it comes to the I.R.S. We also have had several reports of people receiving their 2013 state income tax return in. This has come from several states. We have had two of our clients report receiving theirs in Arkansas.”

From the I.R.S. Where’s My Refund website:

“We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

You should get your refund within 21 days from the date we received your tax return.”
    - See more at: http://refundschedule.com/irs-accepting-tax-returns-january-24th-2014/#sthash.aNkFGiNE.dpuf

this happen to me last year and when they open on jan.30 my money was in my account on the first good luck

I got an accepted email today too.  From what I keep reading is the IRS did a test run. There is NO confirmation whether or not we will get our refunds any time soon as it has not been confirmed if they truly are processing them or if they are just holding them until the earlier stated January 30th acceptance/processing date.

BTW it was for Federal, I did not file State.
    • They did this last year and those few got their refunds deposited about a week before everyone else!
    • Lets hope :-) mine was accepted today too........
    • Did u get a refund date? Because they said I should get mine by feb.14th
    • Well that's what TT app says for me.  Is thAt where you got that date?  At this point I am not believing anything until there is solid proof.
    • My federal was accepted as well today and when I checked the app on my phone it said my expected refund date was before feb 20. My state refund is still pending.
    • I was accepted on feb 2 and have DD of feb 11
    My fiance and I return was accepted today as well.. they said we should have our refund b4 Feb.15,13. The IRS will still not process the payment until Jan. 30
    • My federal and state return was accepted as well, who is "they" when you say "they said we should have our refund b4 feb 15?
    • As far as January 30th, processing date, is that just for the Federal Tax Return or is that for the State Returns as well?? I received an email Jan. 23rd saying that IRS had accepted my State return, I was kind of hoping that I would get that by Feb. 1st..
    • I filed my state on martin luther king day, monday, and received it on thursday night by DD. Just filed my federal today. I was told if you file your federal before the processing date, that those people were getting audited. It's because of the lady somewhere on west coast, Seattle I think, who defrauded the IRS for almost close to a million dollars I think. I dont know she did it, but she was able to do it. Look it up and you will see. So that's why I waited until today, the 30th. I use netspend, because you always get your money a little sooner than they say. I was told last year that I would have my federal back in 7 days by DD, and got it in 5 days instead!!!
    Mine got rejected today so I fixed and resent, so yes it's up and running. (Sort of)
      Yes, mines were accepted on Saturday at 12:00pm
      Mine was accepted today. I wonder when we will get refunds ???
      :)
      • Mine where also accepted!!!! I hope we get them soooooon.....
      • When did you both file?
      • On the fourth
      • I filed on the 17th and was accepted today 01.26.2014. Now just have to wait until January 31 so they can start processing. IRS has an Efile site when one can get an ideal when direct deposit will be made. If you care to check it out...

http://www.efile.com/tax-refund/where-is-my-refund/

Stroll down to: When should I expect my tax refund.

( These are estimated dates and are not guaranteed by efile.com or the IRS )
      • Thank u so much, now is the IRS system down for some reason and when u check your status does it say accepted or received tx
      • The Irs site is up and running...

I filed on the 17th and was accepted today. However I went to the Irs site put my info in and I am on the orange bar showing received...
      • Up date just checked the IRS site:
        .
        .
        .
        .
        Your Personal
        Tax Data
        Social Security Number

or IRS Individual Taxpayer
        Identification Number:

***-**-0000

Filing Status:
        Head of Household

Your Expected
        Refund Amount:
        $$$$$$$$$$$
        Refund Status Results

Return Received - The orange bar is set here waiting on the other two steps.

Refund Approved

Refund Sent

Return Received.

SirGeorge
            2 hours ago
            Reply

Your Personal
        Tax Data
        Social Security Number

or IRS Individual Taxpayer
        Identification Number:
        ***-**-xxxx
        Filing Status:
        Head of Household

Your Expected
        Refund Amount:
        $$$$$$$$
        Refund Status Results:

1. Return Received - Here on the orange bar with 2 more steps to go...

2. Refund Approved

3. Refund Sent

https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp
      • Once you go to IRS site click where's my refund it will lead you to this message...

The 2014 filing season will begin January 31, 2014. We will begin accepting and processing returns and refunds on that date. There is no advantage to filing on paper before the opening date and you will receive your refund much faster by using e-file with direct deposit. Once the filing season begins, the IRS expects to issue more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days.

Under federal law, all tax payment and filing deadlines remain in effect. This includes the April 15 deadline for most taxpayers.

However stroll down you will see...

Number 1                             Number 2                                  Number 3 in orange
                                                                                                       Under 3 click where's
                                                                                                       my refund again and
                                                                                                       your in.