irs says it is not ready to accept my taxes

The IRS isn't ready yet to accept tax The IRS isn't ready yet to accept tax returns with certain credits and returns with certain credits and deductions in them -- like yours. This is a deductions in them -- like yours. This is a nationwide delay for all nationwide delay for all returns like yours, returns like yours, no matter who prepares them. We will no matter who prepares them. We will keep you posted keep you posted on the status of your on the status of your return and let you know when we have return and let you know when we have sent it to sent it to the IRS. the IRS.
  • If that was an email it sounds strange.  The IRS doesn't send emails out to anyone.  Who did you get that message from?  If you get an email like that again requesting information, don't respond to it.
  • It was from turbo tax, I somehow made it repeat itself!    But it was a legit message from Turbo Tax!
  • yes i recieved that also
  • Any idea why would sent messages like that?
  • form 8863,or you filed prior to the 30th, some simple returns got that message too, it it was before the actual filing date, and some were accepted,
  • I filed my tax return on February 1st. Why would iy matter, if it's the day after the actual filing date.
  • i filed yesterday and received the same message!
  • I filed mine also on feb 1st2nd and its still pending and I also got the same message after I filed.
  • I received the same message and filed on the 2nd.  I filed my fiances for him too on the 1st and he received the same error.  We are both still in pending status.  any idea?
  • I think it means turbo tax hasnt sent our returns to the irs yet....
  • Actually The IRS has implemented a new processing system this year. Because the system is still being worked on certain credits cant be accepted by the IRS until those portions of the processing system has been implemented. so as far as the 8863 educational credit the portion of the system is not planned to be implemented until mid February. This doesnt mean that your return has not been accepted it just means the IRS cant fully process your return until mid February. Hope this helps everyone out.
  • I just do not get it.  I didnt  file a 8863.  I filed a 1098t.  is that the same thing?  I was hoping to get it sooner then the end of the month!
  • Yes it is the same thing! And I was hoping to get mines sooner as well because I am moving and needed those funds!
  • It's bogus that is what it is.  I'm getting married in less than two weeks and could have used that extra money.  Any idea when they will get accepted?
  • It says that they won't start accepting the returns until mid February. So we are not going to get our refunds until late February.
  • That makes alot of sense"1098T". Thanks for the info.
  • Anyone on this thread still in pending status from feb 1st?
  • I will give them a call today and find out what's going on. It seems a little bit strange because it only happens to TT customers. I have a friend who filed the same filing like me with 1090T. he filed it from H&R Block and his tax is processed
  • Still pending!! Filed feb 1st....
  • I called, they said it will be process in the middle of the month.
  • Wow next year no turbotax lol
  • Ok here is the scoop guys!!!  I have recently found out that some people's returns are not being reviewed yet due to a software update that needs to be installed.  If you have a return that has certain forms such as Education Credit, your returns will be reviewed later than everyone with simple returns.  I have heard that they will start looking at these returns today 1/7/13, and I have also heard it will not be until the 14th.  This is not a Turbo Tax issue.  This is for all tax returns everywhere no matter who you filed through.  I was just as upset as you guys, but now that I know the scoop I feel better knowing that it has been submitted, just not approved yet because of the education credit I received.  Hang in there guys!!! We will get it soon!!!!
  • I got the same thing as well. Looks like the IRS is just trying to screw over us students, who really need the $$!. Way to go Uncle Sam.
  • This wouldn't happen if you didn't let the government have the money in the first place.  Change your filing status so you get more money on your paycheck and put it in your own savings account.  If you are not mature enough to save the additional money I guess you will have to continue to let the government do it for you and deal with their rules.
I got that to because of a form 4562 that I don't even need. I asked TT about it before I filed and they said it is ready and I can file so I did then got the same message. Now they tell me well it was ready on their end but irs wont have it ready until late Feb early March.
  I am so mad as I should have deleted the form but I went by what they said. I filled out my taxes at H & R block and Tax slayer for the heck of it and and I don't have that form on either one those places that would hold me up.
 The message state that Your return will be automatically sent to the IRS as soon as they're ready to process it. I am hoping that means it is just going to sit in the irs servers and I can send in my return with h& R block. THey can just reject the TT later when it is sent. Stinks that I will lose the $59.99 I paid to TT do to their wrong advice

• it is also stuck on my return {form 4562}with all o's, but i do not have that message?
  • You See i dont have that form I only used 1040a,8880,8812, and EIC
  • I know someone that filed the same kind of return and theirs has been accepted!
  • The form with all the 0"s was for a alternative vehicle credit!  I started using it and found out my car didn't quality,  so before I sent my form in, I deleted that worksheet!  Because under checking for reviews or mistakes,  it kept popping up, so there was a way to delete that form!!
    But if you sent it in, it will still be okay!! It must be the Jan 30th thing! Guess we have will know in a few days ( crossing fingers)!!
  • it looks like it was just the worksheet that i used, not the actual form, I think the message was because the Jan. 30th filing delay. my message is gone, is anyone else's saying pending?
I saw this tonight and bet it applies to all of us:

IRS Announces E-file Opens January 30, 2013
http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/2013/01/08/irs-announces-e-file-opens-january-30-2013/

• Can someone from turbo tax or a superuser clear this up???????
I have this question too...doesn't make any sense. I didn't claim any of the deductions that would result in the later tax date filers. This must be a mistake.
  • Same here! I wish we could get some answers
  • Did y'all get the same message?  I'm wondering if its due to new tax laws and maybe its a stall tactic, : what do y'all think?
  • Maybe! Any news?
  • I was hoping someone from Turbo Tax might answer!!
  • I got the same thing for both me and my boyfriend and we didn't have any of the credits on there for the extra delay either. I do have business income/loss but nothing that was listed in further delay! Maybe they're just saying this to everyone...
  • I received the same thing.  Was wondering if it was because they said they don't accept anything until January 30
  • I got that message too. All this time I been reading about other people being accepted and here I am waiting and mine hasn't even been sent. Bah humbug
  • I know makes no sense...I had a simple return
  • I don't think anyone has been accepted, the irs has not begun yet.
  • smh
It's making me feel like I did something wrong! I've donkey taxes the same way for years!!  All I did was the eic  credit and child tax credit!! Nothing complicated! Just the easy form!! I read where it says 9 out of 10 will be accepted on Jan 30thy if accepted money will be there within 21 days!  hey maybe the new tax laws will give us more  of a refund for the eic! „Lol .... doubt it!
did talk to tt. Twice. The second lady that I did talk to tt. Twice. The second lady that took the time to pull and look at my return took the time to pull and look at my return said that it was because I transferred my said that it was because I transferred my 2011 return that the credits and deductions 2011 return that the credits and deductions carried over to 2012. Even though I didn't carried over to 2012. Even though I didn't itemize this year just the point that I itemize this year just the point that I transferred data made my status still be transferred data made my status still be pending to await those forms (that I don't pending to await those forms (that I don't need this year) from the IRS
  • I just got a text saying Great news, m*****p**** ! Your federal return was accepted early by the IRS. Check your email for a confirmation message.
    Wow shocking!!  Early but it says to expect refund by Feb 20th
  • Education credits from form 8863 are on hold until mid feb.
  • why are the education credits on hold?  I thought the new tax laws had nothing to do with them?
  • Does this apply to form 1098 t
  • Yes.It applies to the credits you recieve for 1098t.
  • Why are some people that filed the 1098t already accepted?
  • if you efile through more than one place what happens?
  • I dnt think u can but if u do i pretty sure the second one will be rejected!
  • just curious...wasn't planning on doing it but just wondering...Hey does anyone know what the holdup is on the tax returns that have deductions like education?  I know other people who have filed with this deduction that have been accepted
    Is it just a TurboTax thing?
  • my return was accepted on 01/28 and i dont have the education credit,and mine is still processing,no dd date either!
  • why is there a delay for those that file education credit?
  • Has anyone that has an education deduction been accepted by the IRS yet?
  • Yes but it's still processing no dd date war says should get refund in 21days
  • Wheres my refund sorry
  • LadyB13, just curious, you did have an education deduction and it was accepted?
  • so you did have the education deduction? and it was accepted?
  • faccepted on the 24th,wmr says processing and dd should be by feb 20. but how is tha possible if they cant process my 8863??
  • I called and they are full of sh$#% they said they are not processing any return with a 1098t until feb 15!!!!!! SMH     SMF!!!!!
  • And I e-filed on the 30th just another ploy to stall just like last year, every year something different and more stress anything for a little bit of interest
  • I called twice today and sat on hold for over an hour each time, one person told me that my return was sent to the irs and its being processed but I called irs and the guy told me they do not have my return. Turbo tax has not submitted my return yet. So I called turbo tax again and a different person said its being held but he cant see why!!!??? Their full of crap, this is the first year I have had issues with turbo tax and Ive been doing my taxes with them for 3 years.....
  • Ok so I filed my taxes(fed & state) on jan 22nd. fed got accepted the  jan 26th...state got rejected  feb 1 due to an internal error, I had to resummit my state it got accepted feb 2nd. I looked at wmr and it still says processing. I know they didn't start to precess untill the 31, but tt say that you'll get your refund 21 after they've been accepted (which in my case accepted the 26th) and thats not true..irs said 21 after the 31st because thats when they started processing them... I really dn't know  what the hold up is..  same job only 1+4 kids..no other special credits or taxes...it must have to do with the amount, there just picking and choosing...anybbody having the same issue? did anybody here get any info from irs or tt???? I live in Pa btw
  • I receive an email today from TT. So far, my STATE e-file was accepted. I'm still waiting for my Fed e-file. At least, for now i'm seeing progress.