This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

Box 12 has dd, what does that mean?

• do I have to add box 12 dd to complete my taxes
  • You should choose the DD code then enter the amount shown on your W2
  • HOW DOES THIS AFFECT MY RETURN
Code DD is cost of your employer-sponsored health coverage (it shows the amount it cost your employer for health insurance for you), it is just for information purposes.
  • helpful
  • what selection do i make on 12a then
  • Why is this so much larger then amounts on my w-2?
  • As bluedeb posted above (it shows the amount it cost your employer for health insurance for you), it is just for information purposes.
    maybe employer can deduct on their part,  I try to think of it as my pretend raise. My employer shows they paid almost half of
    my income in health insurance.  ?  I could maybe buy it cheaper,  turbo tax  Article ID: IAS10681
  • IF this is for information only. do I need to keep it as part of my W2? Isn't this amount going to show up starting in 2013 as an untaxed benefit~ which once we receive our W2 nest year~ will affect our taxes in that we will have to be paying taxes on that amount?? I thought that was part of the insurance act Mr. Obama has declared. So, the higher the amount in this box, the more taxes will be charged against your return. Maybe its only for info this year, but next year it will cost us. Isn't that correct?
  • If this is the amount my company is paying for health care then someone in their department needs to learn how to negotiate rates. I had the exact same coverage, same health insurance provider with a previous employer for far less money with a smaller firm. We are not buying a car; this is about people's health and well-being. It should never be about who can negotiate the better rate regardless of the number of employees buying into it.