what is APO/FPO/DPO address

• I don't understand what to do... I read all the forums, it says i can file head of house hold, yet is says I can't efile... because I didn't live with my husband last year.... Really confused..
these are for overseas military addresses.
APO stands for Army Post Office
FPO stands for Fleet Post Office
DPO stands for Diplomatic Post Office

• I am having a problem with my filing my husband and I were just married in July.  We have been apart for over 1.5 year.  He is working in Canada and we are planning on moving together in 2013.  What should I do?
  • If you were not living together at any point during the last 6 months of 2012 and you have a qualifying dependent living with you and you pay more than half of the support for the household, you would be able to file as head of household.
  • Hello,
    thank you!! I understand that, but for some reason the turbo tax program is saying that I have an area that needs to be addressed. I can't figure out what it wants me to do.  I have went back through all the questions and because of being married and filing head of house hold, it is not allowing me to finish my efile. What do you recommend that I do?
  • just to clarify, do you have a child you are claiming?
  • Yes, I have one child. I completely supported her on my own last year.