How do I add my childs W2 to my taxes

I am trying to add my daughters W2 to the taxes since I am claiming her. I can add her school information but not the W2.
  • can i add my childs income to my taxes
  • No. A child's income from wages is only reported on the child's tax return or not at all if the child did not have enough income to be required to file a tax return.
  • A child can file their own return to get a refund on taxes paid
You can not add a child's W-2 to your tax return. The child must file a tax return and claim the W-2 there.
  • What if her income was only a 1,093 does she have to file?
  • She is not required to file. If there was no federal income tax withheld, there is no reason to file.
  • so if my  child only gross 2700 for the year and she lives in my house hold can i still file her and her w-2 form wit mines shes only 19
  • What if there was federal taxes withheld? She made 7200.00 and had 514.00 federal taxes withheld.
  • To ggcok5: If you claim your child as a dependent, the child must file a tax return. Her tax liability should be $125 and she will get of refund of the difference between $514 and $125. She must indicate on her tax return that she can be claimed by someone else.
  • is there a minimum income level (under $500) that does not require a filing?
  • The minimum income requiring a tax return to be filed from working is $5950 of W-2 income for a dependent's return and $400 of 1099-MISC income. There are other amounts for investment income. Here is an article: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Do-You-Need-to-File-a-Federal-Income-Tax-Return%3F-