My employer relocation paid for a moving company,

however it rolled into my gross taxable income. Do I claim it? Technically the check they cut went directly to the moving company it never passed through my hands.
Default user avatars original d5efadcf497ea7b3d86c6f8d148d66633a29ce78fa8391af628adf32d9989354
  • Asked by Matt72
  • TurboTax Deluxe
Options Edit Ask for details Archive

Answer

3 people found this helpful

I had the same exact question.  See Table 2 at the top of page 12: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p521.pdf (claim all allowable expenses and no reimbursements if the entire reimbursement is reported as wages in box 1).  That's my situation and sounds like it's yours, too (check never went through my hands, either).  Hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community