Do I need to file 1099-MISC with California?

I used "quick employer forms" to e-file a 1099-MISC with the IRS. The CA FTB site ( https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/infortrns/How_to_file.shtml ) is clear that if I paper file with the IRS nothing more is needed for CA. On e-file, it says: "If you use the IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program, you only have to file once. IRS will forward your California returns to us." So... anyone know if Intuit/Turbotax uses the "combined federal/state filing program" for the purposes of California? Thanks!
    If you are located in California and filing Form 1098, 1099, 5498, and W-2G paper information returns with the IRS, you do not need to send a paper copy to the state. This is only if you filed a paper statement to the IRS.

If you filed electronically with the IRS, you will need to also file a 1099 electronically with California FTB.

So, since you indicated you e-filed, the answer to your question is yes, TurboTax uses the combined federal/state filing program.
    • But if Turbotax indeed uses the "Combined Federal/State Filing Program" when it e-files, then the CA FTB site actually says the opposite:  even if e-filing, there is _no_ need to send a duplicate 1099.  The real question here is exactly how Turbotax e-files.  Does it use the combined e-filing system where things are transferred automatically, or does it use some other version of an e-filing system where they might not be.  Thanks for any additional help you can give!
    • Mark, thanks for your reply..

You are correct -- Per the California FTB website, "If you  use the IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program, you only have to file once. IRS will forward your California returns to us. Only the following forms may be filed under this program:
      •1099-B
      •1099-DIV
      •1099-G
      •1099-INT
      •1099-K
      •1099-MISC
      •1099-OID
      •1099-PATR
      •1099-R
      •5498"
    • This response is still a bit confusing.   As users, we cannot select to participate in the "IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program".   The question is whether Intuit participates in the "IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program" so that when we use the TurboTax quick employer forms, the IRS will forward this information to CA State.
    • Was there ever any clarification on this question.  Is Turbo Tax considered an "IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program " for State of California?
    • I saw this answer elsewhere on Intuit's forums.
      https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1576809-if-i-e-filed-1099-misc-using-quick-employer-forms-do-i-still-need-to-send-paper-1099-misc-and-1096-to-california
      I asked the contact at the Ca Franchise Tax Bureau whether I should file by paper since I was filing with the IRS electronically using Quick Employer Forms, and she told me yes, I should snail-mail California the Forms 1099-MISC for my paid contractors, along with a summary (Form 1096).  Her answer was timely, so you can contact her directly if you have other questions at:  IRPhelp@ftb.ca.gov