For what vehicles do qualify in 2012, see
Yes, there is a credit for that, technically. It was available to people until 2010, if the vehicle was purchased 2010 and after, the credit is no longer available.
Here is the site reference, which I found by looking at his website he posted......... I believe he meant to post this link, or maybe he posted the other one because he didn't look far enough into it to see that four links away on the site map of that website was a link to the alternative fuel tax credit qualifications.
And if you have any questions in the future, feel free to ask eSmart. <e-mail removed>
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.