The federal tax withheld is blank on my w2. There's nota federal tax wtheld on my checkstubs but there'san oasdi withholding. Is that the amount I use?

I dont make a lot.
  • I put 0 in the boxes instead of leaving them blank and now it won't allow me to continue.  what do I do?
  • Delete the W-2 and start over entering it.
  • how do you delete it?
  • Click on Federal Taxes, Wages and Income, Explore on My Own. Click on Update after Wages and Salaries and edit or delete the W-2 that is incorrect.
Map your W-2 over to TurboTax box to box as it is entered on your W-2. If there is no entry in box 2 for federal tax withholding, leave the box blank in TurboTax.
    No. OASDI is the official government name for what is commonly called social security.  It is short for "Old Age Survivor and Disability Insurance".  Government payrolls use the abbreviation OASDI in the withholding descriptions on payroll instead of labeling the withholding as social security withholding.  Other employers may use this abbreviation as well. It would appear that no Federal taxes were withheld from your salary and zero is correct.
    • I just got an amended w2 from 2011.  2011 claimed 0 fitw but now on the amended i show they took $1411.  is it even worth filing the amendment for 2011?