EIN's Federal Vs. State

I filed my return in a rush as I was moving and I was double checking for errors, I forgot that I had entered the same ein in both the state and federal area when manually entering my W2 as I didn't clarify if there was a difference when I wrote it down while my spouse read it to me over the phone. I now don't know where to start looking in the mountain of boxes for that one silly paper... Can someone please help me prevent a major headache and let me know if I have nothing to worry about or if I did in fact make a mistake and need to correct it now before it comes back incorrect. Soo lol to make it simple, I am sure my federal EIN that was entered was correct ( I work for a large corporate style restaurant like Chevy's or Applebee's in California) but I never wrote down the State EIN, so I am wondering if it was obviously supposed to be the same, LIKE I'D KNOW THAT LOL :)    Thanks in advance for your time and help in the matter, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
    If there is an issue, you will have to wait for the IRS and/or your state tax authority to reject your tax return before you can make any corrections if you've already submitted your return.  The IRS is not processing returns until Jan 30 at the earliest.  I do not know what your state return situation is (as far as acceptance and processing dates).  Either way at this point, I would recommend not worrying about it until your return is rejected because there's really nothing you can do at this point if you've already submitted it. 
    • I am basically wanting to know if the federal EIN (the number XX-XXXXXXX that is specific to the employer not the employee) for say McDonald's, which is a nationwide corporate restaurant chain/franchise just like my employer is, is the same EIN number in both the State AND the Federal Category as in when I'm filing my return and entering in the W-2 information manually... My other half said she *thinks* would have specified that to me if that was the case, but for some reason I seem to remember a different number possibly even a shorter one for some reason for the state than the fed.) Again thanks for your time you guys, and FYI I have spent a bit of time browsing both this forum as well as on google before posting the question here. I would greatly appreciate someone who is able to 100% for sure let me know one way or the other either from a better search than I managed, or even possibly a FANTASTICALLY awesome average joe is out, one juuust might be out there not too much different from myself, that works for a big ol corporate giant chain company as I do that can look at his currently findable tax info (w-2 etc) and see if it is in face the same or not lol... I am freaking out and wanting to get this in now the right way while I still have time.
    • Anyone know???