Need to find my e-file pin # from my 2011 tax return in leiu of my siganture for proof of filing my return. Where can I find this?

• CALL NUMBER TOO TALK TOO TURBO TAX I CANT FIND MY DCN NUMBER
No...not  the PIN, the PIN is a code you enter fo file your tax return and shouldn't be shared under any circumstances.
Assuming you used ONLINE last year:

Log back into your account and print out last year's tax return...or save to a PDF file and open the PDF file.

Look for a DCN (Declaration COntrol Number) just above your name and address on the Electronic Filing Instructions sheet.  There will be a seperate sheet for the Fed and the State tax returns

THe DCN might not be there because a new computer system was (and still is) being brought up by IRS that does not issue a DCN.
_____________________
Also, look for a sheet with the electronic postmark on it, you could probably use that.
________________
OR check your old email messages for a filing confirmation.
  • Thank you for your response. Yes I filed online last year.

I do have the PDF of my 2011 return for both State and Federal. I see the pages that you are talking about. The State form has a box for the DCN, but it is empty. I don't see it on the Federal sheet.

I do have the emails from Turbo Tax showing my returns were accepted from last year. As well as the e-file instruction sheets showing I e-filed.

Hopefully they'll accept those...

Thank you again.
  • Depends on when you generated the PDF files.  IF the Fed form is missing, log back in and print the Fed section out again and see what's there..

The only way any acceptance is recorded in your file is After you log back into your file....and after the acceptance was issued.  IF you don't log back in and check, it doesn't get recorded in your file.
  • Thanks. I don't recall if I logged back in to my file after I got the email saying my returns were accepted. I probably didn't. I'll give it a shot and try printing the first couple pages of both the state and federal forms.