what happens if I can't get my w2 from a former employer? is there anyway to get it from another source?

This is an employer were things didn't end well so I really can't go ask for it, is there anything else I can do?
    The IRS requires your employer to send you a W-2 no later than January 31 following the close of the prior tax year.

    The IRS suggests allowing up to two weeks for mailed forms to reach you, so you may not receive your form until February 14th. While you are waiting, you can...

    Ask your employer if and when the form was mailed.
    Check to make sure your employer has your correct mailing address. Verify the spelling and street abbreviation to make sure that your W-2 wasn't misdelivered.
    Request another copy.
    Ask your employer if you have the option to import your W-2 information. If they have made imports available, they will give you the information required to import your W-2.  
    TurboTax will guide you through importing.  Once you receive your W-2, always make sure that everything on your W-2 matches what you imported into TurboTax. 

    If your employer sends a W-2C after you import your W-2, make sure you change the imported W-2 information to the "corrected information" column on your W-2C. You can change the information directly in TurboTax.

    Tip: If your employer went out of business, it's possible that your W-2 form was not mailed. You may be able to contact the U.S. Postal Service and complete a form to request the employer's forwarding address. Once you get this information, you could send a certified letter requesting a copy of your W-2.
    If it's past February 14 and you still don't have your W-2:

    1. Call the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. When calling, be ready to give the following information: 

    Your name, address and Social Security number.
    Your employer's name, address, city, state, zip code and telephone number, even if your employer has gone out of business.
    Dates of employment.
    An estimate of the wages you earned and the federal income tax withheld. Your estimate should be based on your final pay stub of the year or earnings statement, if available.
        The IRS will call the employer and advise them to send you your W-2s.

    2. Request or download Form 4506-T. You will receive W-2 transcripts which will have information reported by your employer to the IRS free of charge. Call (800)829-1040 to obtain the form.

    3. Request Form 4852 from the IRS or download it and mail it in.  Form 4852 is a substitute W-2. You are allowed to estimate your wages based on your final paystub. TurboTax can guide you through filling out Form 4852.

    If you do file your taxes using Form 4852, you will have to amend your return once you receive your W-2 or W-2C if amounts on the forms are different from the filed Form 4852.

      IRS Tax Topic 154 explains what to do if you cannot get a Form W-2. You can read it here: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc154.html
        Contribute an answer

        People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

        1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
        2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
        3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
        4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
        5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.