can turbotax look up my w-2 for this year so i dont have to wait??

Most payroll providers do not have W2 information available yet for import.  They have until January 31st to send out W2's.  If your payroll provider is partnered with TurboTax then once they have your information available you will be able to import your W2 inforamtion into TurboTax.  See  Importing Your W-2, 1099, and Forms
1098http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Import/Importing-Your-W-2--1099--and-1098-Forms/GEN12071.html

Note:  When you go to import if your W2 information is not available yet or your payroll department is not partnered with TurboTax the program will send you to the screen to enter your W2 information manually.

TurboTax Import Partners
https://www.partner.turbotax.com/partner_list.html
  • I did not work to receive a w-2 I am retired so what do I put for w-2
a lot of providers can take your last payroll stub from 2012 and import info as long as it has ytd info.  The same info appears on your W-2.  You just have to know how to read it.  Try that.  
  • i do have my w2 on line and ready to be transfer to turbo tx but cant find the box that ask me for it