TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

how do I report 1099-misc for spiff paid by non-employer? Under non-employee compensation or other income?

• Thank you.  I have one more question on this.  After entering this "spiff" as other income, later on in another section of miscellaneous income, it asks if this other income (the amount of the spiffs) is from prizes or awards?  Would that answer be no?
  • I think 'awards' would be a Yes - It comes closest to SPIFF purpose, and supports the 'one time event' concept TT needs to make it happen ...
  • I think I tried that and it takes you to the same place. You have to answer if you got this award for employment related activity
Deleted. See rjs's better answer below.

Similar questions other people found helpful: