where can i find box d on my w-2 form

• I have the employer's ID number.  I cannot find box d
The control number (box d) is not required and is for the employers use if they choose to use it.  Some employers do not use it and it will not be on the W-2 form that they provide you at all.
I looks like it is required.  I tried to leave it blank and Turbo Tax wouldn't accept it.
  • Are you trying to download and import your W2?  Think you only need box d for that.
  • There is no box d on my w2 version i have here...what to do?
  • yes
Assuming that you mean the control number, it is between the employer's name and employee's name.  See attached snapshot of w2.  Arrow marks the spot
  • This is not true on all versions of the form.
There is no BOX d on the W2 form electronic version i'm trying to import to TURBO tax???