This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

2012 W2 Box 14 identifies codes of K (Pretax Vision and Dental Deduction) and V (Pretax Federal Employee Health Benefit Incentive)

(DFAS) My 2012 W2 Box 14 identifies codes of K (Pretax Vision and Dental Deduction) and V (Pretax Federal Employee Health Benefit Incentive). TurboTax does not recognize these codes and asks me to select one from their list.  Is it mandatory or non-effected?  I don't want to not include it if it's supposed to be!  HELP!

1. Other - Not on List Below 2. Other Mandatory Deductible State or Local Tax Not Listed. The other options in TurboTax relate to specific states which do not apply. The two options left are above.
Most Box 14 entries are related to state tax returns and do not affect federal income taxes. Employers use a wide variety of box 14 descriptions and abbreviations that can represent the same thing.

In your case (the military), both entries are pre-tax items and do not affect your federal income tax return. You can choose "Other, not on list below" for both entries.