Balance Due on State Tax Return

I'm trying to enter the balance due on 2011 state returns.  Last year I received a reund from NC but had to pay VA.  Turbotax won't let me put "0" for NC and won't let me click on "Next State".  It says in red " Please make an entry below".  If I leave itblank or type in "0" and it won't let me progress.  How do I do this?
  • state tax is due now how to pay ?
  • It varies, depending on the state.  Generally, there is a payment voucher with your state return.  Print it and mail along with payment to the address on the voucher.
I see the issue you are referring to, and will send a note to the powers to be to take a look at it.  In the meantime, for a workaround, try this:
-Enter an amount for for NC, any amount.
-Click Next State and enter your information for VA and click 'Done'.
-It will take you back to the 'Estimates and Other Income Taxes Paid' page.
-Scroll to the bottom to
"Balance due on your 2011 state taxes paid in 2012".  Click the 'Update' button.
-It will take you back to the page to where you entered the NC amount.  Put zero, and click "Done".

That will zero out the NC amount and you should be good to go.

Should you still not be able to continue on to the next state, we have generated the article (Link below) that will give you the option to sign up for updates on this particular issue. I recommend signing up so that you can be made aware of any changes as they occur.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Estimates-and-Other-Taxes-Paid/Unable-To-Enter-Balance-Due-On-...