How to report income without a w2?

I cleaned houses and need to file this income so I can claim my children. How do I go about doing this?
  • In my household I and my two children share a household with another family of three and we both chose to pay for our families share and split bills down the middle so we are paying for our families share of household expense so how would we claim we said we was going to claim head of household but I wanted to make sure that we both could do. Considering we both are head of household of our family?
  • lucinda....you have a different question than this one that was started 11 months ago.  Please start your own new question.
When I had this problem of requesting to update W-2 info, I went back and clicked on the "Federal Taxes" tab, indicated, again,  that I have no W-2's, went back to the "Print & File"  tab  and was able to complete my transaction.  A little back and forth but it worked for me.   Hope this helps someone who was as frustrated as I was.
  • substitute
  • how do i report income from consultin job with no 1099
As noted above, if this is business income you don't need a Form 1099.  Self-employment income should be based on your records.   The Forms 1099 are primarily for the IRS, and only a reminder to you.

Such payments are reported under the wages and income tab, in the business income category.  Once entered, Turbotax will automatically compute a Schedule C (Net Profit from Business) and, if appropriate, a Schedule SE for self-employment tax.
  • IF WAGES IS LESS THAN 1700 DOLLARS REPORT IT AS HOUSEHOLD EMPLOYMENT AND WRITE HSH IN FRONT OF LINE 7AND ENTER YOUR WAGES