California FTB Form 568 through Turbo Tax for LLC?

I just completed Turbo Tax (Federal and State) and e-filed.  I am a California LLC (sole member LLC) and TurboTax did not do a Form 568 for me, which I assumed I need.  (I will do the 3522 form myself).  

Is there a way to go back in and have TT do it (I guess I would mail it in by hand), or do I need to do it myself? (FYI, my business reported a loss in 2010).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated -- or thoughts on anything I may have missed.

6 people found this helpful

Yes, TT/Calif has the 568 in it. If it is associated with a Schedule C then you need to check the box on the Calif Schedule C for "Single member LLC". A 568 will then be generated, pulling as much information from that Schedule C as is available.

If your LLC is associated with rental property(ies) then there is a link field on the Calif Sch E Wks that behaves similarly to the one for the Sch C above.

In either case the 568 has no effect whatsoever on your Calif individual return and it must be paper-filed.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community