Your tax return has been received and is being processed. If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued: within six weeks of the received date.

i filed the 17 got a 31 on wmr and now this
  • Yup...it stinks...but what can we do about it... unreal... puppeteers win again!!!
  • I heard alot of people geting this than a couple days later getting a date, I have an offset but they said should only out me a week off. which i should of gotten my taxes last week
  • I have the same thing showing on the wmr site, and its been saying 1/31 for a week. When i called the irs on thursday they told me it was showing the 31st as a refund date with a possible week delay. I filled on the 12th was accepted on the 17th. Wish i knew what was going on with this new update.
  • did you guys call alot?
  • Mine updated this am to u your direct deposit will be made on 2/1.
  • once a day, give or take
  • Your tax return has been received and is being processed.

If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued:
    within six weeks of the received date. whats this mean
  • i filed the same day and got the 1/31 it just updated today to a dd date of 2/1
  • Thats what wmr is saying now, after saying 1/31 forever.
  • so we wont call them? its my money.
  • WMR has been telling me 1/31 for over a week. I filed on 1/12 was accepted on 1/17. I called irs on thurday and was told system shows 1/31 with a possible week delay. After last nights update it now tells me on wmr:
    Refund Status Results

Your tax return has been received and is being processed.

within six weeks of the received date.

Wish i knew what this means.
  • we probally annoyed them!
  • I heard alot of people were getting this and than their moneyshowed up.. idk
  • My DD is for tomorrow an mine is saying the same, i guess their gonna say its a glitch again
  • I sure hope so.. When I call the hotline it says the same thing.. I hope get a DD this week..
  • Everybody getting that message should check their bank accounts (you may already have) because I filed and got accepted on the 17th and the 20th I got the WMR message saying I SHOULD received my money by the 31st, then on thursday I got the WMR message saying I WILL have my money on the 30th and no later than the Feb. 4th. This morning I woke up & found the same WMR message stating 6 weeks but I checked my bank account and my money was there. It got deposited on Satuday(Yes, Saturday) the 28th and is still processing, so I can withdraw it on Monday the 30th.
  • I pray that will happen to me. I got da same message about the six weeks. I hope its another irs glitch
  • Mine has been saying the 31st too but this morning it wouldn't let me log on to WMR and so I called the 1800 number and finally got a DD of 2/1 so everyone hang in there I hope this nightmare is finally coming to a end, and thank you to everyone sharing stories, it really help alot!
  • Mine also updated this morning finally!! My DD date is the 1st.
  • cyndibear did you have this message about the six week thing
  • Yesterday wmr was saying cant find information on your status. I remember last year it did the same thing then the next day I got my DD date.    Today i got my DD date!

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 1, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 6, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 6, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.
  • Of course i just check the SBBT website and its still saying not received.  They need to update.
  • jentrott: No I never received that msg...I was stuck on the by the 31st msg since I filed and this morning it said

• Mine said the same thing as Cindibear's this morning.  I was scheduled for DD on the 25th, WMR always said it would be by Jan 31, and this morning I have an actual DD date of Feb 1.  Yay!!

FWIW, when you get that other message about it saying you may have entered the wrong info....It is only because you have checked a few times that day and the IRS WMR site locks you out.  It did it to me, but when you check the next day it should be fine.

Good Luck!!!
  • raoliver did u have yours sent to sbbt or straight to your bank. See mine have to be sent to sbbt first and they havnt receive anything
  • I filed on the 17th was accepted on the 19th...I have a msg of processing with dd feb 7th...does that mean it will be there on the 7th or will I be part of the feb. 1st cycle of refund or will it be delayed a week. my date has never changed it has always said that. I thought the irs said refund in as little as 10days on there website...any thoughts what that means.....if they deposit it on the 7th that is 21 days from my file date
  • My wmr has been saying Jan 31 and know when i check it is say dd date is Feb 1 and not to contact them untill after the 6 of Feb. This change this morning. So you just have to keep checking the wmr and your bank i guess. they may have put that up to keep people from bothering them. Hope mine does come on the ! i will post when it does come in. Good luck every one
  • My status changed to the 1st today also. I was accepted 17, WMR said DD 31. I hope!!
  • to those of you that have the 31st date, hang in there i know it is hard but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I looked on the wmr site on the 28th just one time so the system did not lock me out and it stated could not find my info.  I just got done looking this morning @ 1030 am est and the system did indeed update with the 2/1 DD date.  It matches what IRS was saying about tax returns being a week late so it will happen who knows it may even go in a day eariier.   You will get it.  Remember patience is a virtue.   Hope this gives a little positive reinforcment.
  • Same situation, I sent mine on the 13th, was accepted on the 17th, got a DD date of 1/25. Didnt happen.Called IRS it said DD OF 1/31, then 1/30 and then it has been received and being processed for the last 4 days, which it is still saying to this day, but when I went to SSBT website and checked the status it showed me the date that the actual deposit was made which was 1/27 a Friday and gave the amount that was deposited to my account and a trace number. It said to allow 1-2 business days since it posted on a Friday to post to the account. So at best by Tuesday it should be posted!So, for those of you in the same boat, try checking SBBT's website for more information concerning your refund!GOOD LUCK!
  • mine has a different message it states that mine is under review and I should receive a letter I already call Thursday and they asked question and said I would be fine whats going on it also says i may not receive part or all my money..wth
  • Same thing here everyone! I filed the 17th, got accepted on the 19th. WMR kept saying processing with an expected dd of 31st. Then yesterday irs website said couldn't find information. Today I checked and have a dd for 2/1/12. I'm optimistic it will be there so this will be my last time posting unless something goes wrong on Wednesday. I hope you guys have good luck this week.
  • GREAT NEWS!!!!! MY REFUND WILL BE DEPOSITED ON FEB.1.....
  • msmecia30  your says now with in six weeks of recieved.
  • tsg3-Mine is still saying the 7th also. It has always had the 7th...never changed. Did you have a DCN number at the top of your return. i was told that this means it went through the old system, which deposits Fridays and updates wednesdays. So hopefully the 3rd.
  • Thank God and the IRS. I finally got a dd date after being stuck on 1-31 since the 19th. It also gave me errors when I tried to check the website. This morning it changed and let me in with a dd date of Feb 1.  I have done nothing but stress out over my refund since the day I filed it.  I did learn through waiting and researching that there has been a lot of people in the past getting money from our government through dead peoples ssn. Which is why the IRS has a  new system this year to catch them. They should get the maximum sentence for making the rest of us hard working Americans go through this stressful shit. Jus, Saying. lol
  • Renea1961 mine said the same thing I'm wondering wats going on I'm so confused
  • Mine has been sitting at that same "your tax return is processing and will be received by 1/31" since I filed and was accepted on the 17th. I also got the message you did yesterday about nothing coming up and it taking 6 weeks. This morning I woke up and it told me that I had a DD for 2/1! I think it was just some updating that was finally being done. I would try hard not to think about it today, and check tomorrow morning to see if you've been updated.
  • We filed around the 9th and was accepted on the 17th. We were stuck at received and processing you should have your return by Jan. 31 up until last Thursday/Friday. It then switched to your refund is scheduled for direct deposit on Jan. 30. Yesterday I signed on to WMR just to check and make sure nothing had changed and we got the same message about our return being received and is being processed and if we filed a complete and accurate return our refund will be issued within six weeks of the received date.

I don't understand how it can go from being complete and having a scheduled DD to being back in processing, I am just praying that our money is in our account tomorrow like it should be.
  • Mine is also stuck on the 6 week thing ,complete and accurate return Blah Blah Blah. I heard it could be from back taxes bein owed to them randomly pulling some for review because of some scams. Then I also heard it could be a glitch in the system .I filed on the 9th n was accepted on the 13th. DD date of the 25th.STill no money, so who the heck knows. Wish I had a concrete answer. Ive had the same info on file for years so cant quite figure it out.
  • mine dd was feb 1st but when i checked today it said feb 14 wats the delay?
  • CollierH Yesterday the irs site said will be direct deposoted on 31st  and if not received by the 5th contact now today it says Your tax return has been received and is being processed. If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued: within six weeks of the received date. do you think its a glitch
  • six weeks i definelty want my refund back.
  • bmac18- I am praying that it is a glitch. I have seen a few other people post saying that others had gotten this message and then gotten their money as scheduled. I am praying that is the case.

If it is not in our account tomorrow we will be calling to find out what is going on. Because I know it is not because we owe anything. We called the offset hotline to make sure we didn't have any and neither my husband or I have any offsets and we don't owe the IRS any money either.
  • Hopefully its just updating, I am not sure, But what  I do know is Iwant a refund cause this is crazy. I paid 90.00.
  • CollierH

whats that number to call
  • My sister and I got accepted on the 19th of Janurary and she owed back taxes. She got her dd date but mine still shows processing should recieve by the 7th of Janurary. Just doesnt make any sense.
  • i filed my taxes was excepted said would get by the 7th now today i check and it says within 6 weeks  really upset  could someone tell me whats going on
  • i think its a glitch!
  • i got the same message I hope its another glitch. i spoke to someone thursady that told me the the 31st  the WMR site said the 30th. i woke up today and got this message on WMR site. im so tired of this .
  • bmac18, yes mines has the six week thingy, but my friend aun't works at the local its here an she said there systems r still having problems, an if you're scheduled for DD tomorrow it will be there ,I really hope so
  • Sme here Tony, EXACTLY ! Sis teh 31st and now checked online just to be told this crap !! None of it makes sense...the government needs to be reminded that they work FOR US !! We are not an inconvienence ans we can call 100 times a day if we chose to ! Its OUR damn money and their screw ups are their issues, not ours !
  • Btw also it was said that  it could be student loans , child support if that helps anyone . Funny thing is I only had a DD date from TT but not the WMF site. Sucks , I jus hope they know  that ppl really need their money. I hope it all turns out fine for everyone . Cross your fingers N Good luck
  • msmecia30

thanks um this so crazy we need our income tax for aour wedding. you think we will get it on the day that e irs told me yesterday. they said it would be direct deposited on 31 and not received it by the 5th contact your bank?
  • Student loans and child support debts can be found out by calling the tax offset hotline but that is not whats causing this...we had an offset a couple years ago and they just take their share and send you the rest . Takes no longer than usual.
  • I filed my taxes on Jan 13th, and was accepted the evening of the 18th. Like many others, between the WMR site, TT online status, and TT mobile app, I have been givien various dates, of which some have changed.

The IRS did send a message out to Tax preparers stating there has been a one week delay for those that filed early.

Here is the url to the notice:
    http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/USIRS-282378?reqfrom=share#.TyHBCA5GIDY.twitter

And if you google "Federal Tax Refund Delays", you will find many more articles, eluding that the problem was due to a fraud scheme. Here is the url to just one of the articles:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120128/COL07/201280394/Susan-Tompor-Tax-return-schemes-ID-thieves-delay-early-filers-IRS-refunds?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Yesterday the WMR site site said I'll receive it "By Feb. 7th". TT mobile app says "between Jan 28th and Feb 8th" (talk about CYA!). Although very non-committal from both parties, at least they are somewhat consistent now.

Also, if you read some of the other posts/threads here, you will see that IRS now has a new program that pays DD on a daily cycle, although some returns are still paid on the weekly cycle. The Refund Cycle pdf chart that most people refer to is only if you are paid on the weekly cycle, and it is still possible to get a DD on any week day.

Although I'm certainly not thrilled by the delay, it helps me to be less frustrated to understand what is going on and what I can expect. I hope this helps others as well.

P.S.  I just checked the WMR site this morning and it now says "Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 1, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 6, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 6, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then."  So be patient, and you should eventually get an actual date once your return is sent for processing.
  • She said, for the ones with the message, you'll receive you refund in.six weeks if accurate, not to worry because you will still get your refund on your DD date, she said their system is updating, I told her ok, but I need my money, so.hopefully all of.us will get our refund on our DD dates, she also said that the ones that received another DD date that differs from the original, its giving them breathing room an you should get it in the first DD date they gave you
  • Cindyfrag i had a date yesterday and today it says the six week thing. it said the irs wmr said yeterday will be diect deposit on te 31st now this. this is bs
  • msmecia30 sorry to ask not being mean do you think she accurate about this message ps thanks i am starting not to worry as much but still the money is mine.
  • Omg mine is saying the same thing. what does it mean??
Some are saying its because you checked the website to much and others say its because it's in the process of being deposited in your account and that's just a "ghost" message that's given while it updates, usually if your under review it gives you a code. Is that possible?
  • I field on the 3rd. Check IRS>GOV the next day. The website said, "Your return has been accepted and you will receive your refund no later then 3/20.

I check it two days later and it says, "There has been a delay in your return. Your refund will be deposited on 3/13"

So that's today. I went and checked again, now it says, "Your tax return has been received and is being processed."

I'll just keep watching the old bank account lol! If they need web developers I can help them out. I am sure there are lots of unemployed people that would love to work and do a great job.
  • I check atleast once a day after the WMR states that they have accepted my return. at first I got a by date and code. When I went to check today (the last date they gave me) I recieved this message after checking the WMR : Your tax return has been recieved and is being processed.  

What does this mean??  I have some back due bills to pay and I am counting on this refund to clear this up...holy cow....

Does anyone know the number to call and speak to a live agent?
  • If you want to reach a live IRS agent, then call 1800-829-1954 and DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS. After a couple of minutes a live agent will come on. They're only open from 7am-7pm in your local time zone.
I found out some information from another community member on here and it seems that he was telling the truth. The IRS has had a few delays with their new system. It isn't the "processing" side of it but instead a filtering side of it. They have implemented a new system for fraud detection also that will allow them to cross reference your return, W-2, and many other documents that you use for your return. By them doing this it allows for them to receive a return with errors and within 10 min's return it to you to correct the mistakes. This is all great however they had to adjust settings on this because the new system has kicked back way to many returns and they have now fixed all this. Some of the returns that were first file on the 17th were not affected and some were. It all depends on exactly when and what system picked up your return. The IRS released this information to all the tax companies and released also the projected dates of return for individuals. Keep in mind that companies like Jackson Hewitt, HR Block, and even TurboTax had this info, and many NEVER released it to their clients. For this reason I am COMPLETELY unsatisfied with TT and hope for a refund. Estimated dates are as follows.

Jan 17 - Jan 30/ Feb 1
Jan 18 - Feb1/ Feb2
Jan 19 - Feb2/ Feb 3
Jan 19 - Feb3/ Feb4

The dates continue in this fashion -
  • means that the irs is system is badly malfunctioning
  • I had a date of the 7th and now it says due to processing delays itll be the 21, is anyone else getting this,, does that mean something is wrong with my return or a delay on their part.. Do they keep processing on the weekends.. I hate the tax season
  • just frustrated with the IRS in general.......filed our taxes 1/13/12 and and were accepted January 18, 2012 11:08 AM PST, can't get a DD date.
    Filed.our son's a day after ours and he had his refund on 1/24 and NO we don't owe any taxes
     Just want this nightmare over with already so we can get bills caught up and be done with it,
    we are now stuck on the  Your tax return has been received and is being processed. If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued: within six weeks of the received date.
    when we check the IRS site after being stuck at refund should be deposited by Jan31 since the return was accepted
  • bmac18- The number to call to see if you have any offsets is 1-800-304-3107.
  • thanks i checked none i called liberty tax and hrblock everyone they have never heard the mesage that we got before new to them.
  • To the people getting these messages - is your money being deposited in a bank account or a Turbo Tax Card?
  • bank account
  • @Silver070 I had mine direct deposited on a TurboTax card and am getting this message.  Is there an issue with the turbo tax cards that you are aware of?
  • I Lucked out .I never got that message I got that it would be direct deposited and I received my money on time. however my friends have been having the same problem and now hers says it will be direct deposited an hour ago after this morning it said it was being processed. good luck everyone
  • Just wanted to update that our refund was in our account this morning at 4:00AM. So it was direct deposited on schedule with our definite direct deposit date we were given last week before the six week message started showing up.

I hope everyone else is blessed with good news on their direct deposit dates.
  • Very good to hear CollierH ! Did you actually have a DD date or just the generic "BY JAN 30TH statement before you got the dreaded 6 week message ? I never had a definite DD date just a "by jan 31st" before it changed.
  • This has happened to me and 5 people I know and we all have diffrent tax situations but we all used TurboTax???? Please tell me we will see our refund before the 6 weeks is up??????
  • It has nothing to do with turbo tax...ALL tax prep institutions are in the same boat. And I wish we COULD tell u that but nobody is posting any updates as promised :(
  • Noone is postng updates cause we all still have the same thing, I was told by three reps yesterday that it would be 6 weeks.
  • I got the same info as early at this am but I just checked santa barbara tax group and my refund has posted and will deposited in my account today.  While we are all having high  blood pressure over this I think it will be fine.  Good luck all
  • Just found out that bankruptcy court is holding ALL of my return because I filed last year...no i did not file chapter 13 !
  • Yesterday I finally rec'd a DD date of 2/6 if not rec'd by 2/11 to call. Today I got a message that said the same as you. I called the IRS and the rep told me my account still says 2/6 on HER screen and that I will definitely be getting my deposit on that date. She also mentioned that I was one of numerous people that rec'd this incorrect message on WMR. She said WMR hasnt been giving accurate info to the public regarding their refunds and the best way to know for sure is to call. So for those that are saying computer gliche ... looks like you are right. WIsh me luck and pray she is right I need my money just as well as everyone else. Good luck to you on yours! I will update if or when I receive mine. Toodles!
  • Lol. Just goes to show that teh URS agents are tools ! The agent i spoke with that actually had an IQ over 20 was named Ms.Simpson. She was the first one to inform me that I got the 6 week message because SoDakota state treasurer was holding all of my refund. She also informed me that the "6 week" message is NOT a glitch ! Anybody who is getting that message has either been hand pulled for inspection, light audit etc. It does NOT however mean that any money will be withheld...just that somebody for some reason required that return be looked much more closely at. She told me that MOST people who get this message will still recieve their refunds as expected , they just change the message IN CASE something is amiss and whatever agency decides to take it or part of it. If you are now getting a deposit date then no worries, all is well but dont be fooled into thinking this is just another "glitch" :) Good luck to all !
  • I am updating you all to let you know that I did in fact receive my refund this morning as the IRS rep I spoke with promised. Yay!

To Natashav2003 I do believe the rep I spoke to yesterday about it being a mistake in their system. I have a hard time believing that everyones refunds were being pulled for inspection lol. They issued most of us a DD date then the message updated to the 6 weeks message. Although I have received my refund the WMR is still telling me wait 6 weeks.... who knows..

To those who still have rec'd a DD date and the message changed to the wait 6 weeks message keep your head up you WILL receive your refund just as I have. I am DONE with this 2011 tax season UGH what a ride this was huh?
  • Yes, I too got the 6 week message AFTER having a DD date for a week. Just relaying what I was told and I never said everybodys got pulled for inspection, I very clearly said that everybody who got the 6 week message was being looked at by somebody at some ageny , somewhere ! Doesnt have to be the IRS ! Just that this message is NOT a glitch ! Glad SOME of you actually got it when you originally supposed to !

within six weeks of the received date.

I checked yesterday and it changed to a dd of Feb 7th. Totally scared me , what does this mean?
  • Your tax refund is scheduled to be mailed on February 10, 2012. If you do not receive the refund by March 9, 2012, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
    Tax Topic 203, Refund Offsets for unpaid child support and certain federal, state, and unemployment compensation debts
    Please Note:
    Your refund may be reduced to pay a past due obligation such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax. If this applies to you, the Financial Management Service, who issues IRS refunds, will send you a notice informing you of any offset they have made. The details of the debt are not provided to the IRS. Please do not call us to inquire about the details because we will not be able to answer your questions. Instead, direct any questions you have about the offset or debt to the agency identified on the notice.
  • I filed my taxes online through competetax.com on Jan 8th Irs accepted them Jan 17th I checked it and it said that I would have DD on 01/31 Went back and checked it couple days later and it said that the date was changed to feb 21 due to processing delay. Then i check another couple days later and it just said that it had been recieved and was being processed. 3 days ago it changed to the Your tax return has been received and is being processed. if you file a complete and accurate tax return , your refund will be issued, within six weeks of the received date. On the same day i filed mine I filed my roommates she had her dd date of 2/3 and got hers on 2/3 So im just worried. I tried to cal that offset number but every time i call i get the message extreem high call volume and then they hang up and it says open 24/7 I was calling at midnight whos all up calling places??
  • I called the irs and they said dd was 2/7 and i got my direct deposit today. If it gave you a dd date, I think when it changes to this your monies on the way. I would call to confirm though.
  • So my this morning I checked and this message,

within six weeks of the received date.

Now when I go on WMR it says my refund:
    You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

What is doing on? Did the IRS throughout my refund?