TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

How do I deduct NT Health Benefits on my 1040?

On my W-2 I have in box 14 "NT HEALTH BENEFITS".

I looked back through my 2010 return and I do not see this deducted anywhere (I know it's not technically a deduction but if you don't take it off your gross pay, you end up paying taxes on it) yet it is supposed to be pre tax/non taxed dollars.

Where then do I deduct this from my gross pay? Or, if deduct is the wrong word, how do I record this on my 1040 so that I am not being taxed for these dollars?
    This amount should already be subtracted from the gross wages in Box 1, so you just enter your W-2 as it appears.
      In box 1 I have 74,673.86. In box 3 I have 84,901,.63. In box 12 I have 10,227.77 (My 401k pre taxed contribution). The difference between box 1 and box 3 is box 12.

Nothing there that involves box 14.
        Then you should be asking your employer about the amount in Box 14.  Box 14 is  for communicating info to you, it rarely is entered on your return.
        • I figured it out. My final paycheck had a gross annual income of 88,901.32. Box 3 is 84,901.63. The differfence between those two numbers is what's in box 14. Looks like my employer does the work for me.
        • Thanks for letting us know.  That will help others.
        Does anyone know if you have to add the NT HEALTH BENEFITS back into your state income (i'm in NY) so that it gets taxed by the state/city?

Similar questions other people found helpful: